User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #31
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Rubber Boa Straps in Dirt Rider

Thanks Dirt Rider Magazine for including Giant Loop's Rubber Boa Straps in the March issue's Gear Bag:

"Specifically designed to hook onto dirt bike fenders, now there is no excuse to not have that spare tube, tool pack or submarine sandwich."

OlafofOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:37 AM   #32
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,217
GL bags are the BEST!!!

Here's what I really think....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=951018&page=2
Old 01-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #33
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,083
Got a great email and pics in from Bolivia, where GL rider Carlos rode his BMW F800GS. I posted several pics on our blog, so I'll put a couple here too.
Carlos rides with a Great Basin Saddle Bag and Fandango Tank Bag on the GS and a Coyote Saddle bag on his Kawi 450. Thanks, Carlos, for the great pics and story!

He said, “They [pics] were took during some trips around Bolivia: Salar de Uyuni (Salt flats), El Chaco (southern part of Bolivia) and the last two are from Yungas (the famous Dead Road). I have two toys, my F800 GS with the Great Basin and Fandango bags, and my Kawa 450 with the Coyote saddlebag. Both work just perfect for me. Hope this new year can ride more, I will share my trips with you.
Cheers from Bolivia!”

snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #34
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,988
Thanks GL!!
I got my Siskiyou panniers in the mail yesterday Nice work. These are quality made, sturdy and will fit the bill nicely for double up touring with the wife and for those trips where I want to take more than a few days worth of clothes etc. exactly what I was looking for.
I've been researching large soft bags for some time, I'm really happy I chose the Siskiyou panniers.

Ill post up some photos asap with our new KTM SuperAdventure build.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #35
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,276
OK now I'm a little confused.

Does the new (2014) model Great Basin (60L) have the built in "sleeping bag" compartment and the bottle holders? Yes or No

Why does the bag come with 3 dry pod stuff sacks but when ordering a set separately you get 5?
If it requires 5 stuff bags why is it sold with 3.
If I want 5 bags can individual bags be ordered?

What are the 3 included dry bags, custom fit to the legs (?) and which other size?

Wanting to order but not sure what I'm getting for $450.00. The GL website could use additional individual pictures of the bag in various state of packed and views of the inside, zippers and straps would be helpful.

Thank you

MotoBoss screwed with this post 02-02-2014 at 02:41 PM
MotoBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #36
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

New Canadian Distributor: Motonation Canada

Big news for our closest export market. Take off, eh?!

Giant Loop Expands Canada Distribution With Motonation Canada

Established Power Sports Distributor Provides Coast-To-Coast Representation

(BEND, OR, USA) Adventure-proof packing systems innovator Giant Loop has appointed Motonation Canada as its international distributor in Canada. Headed by power sports veterans Syl and Shawna Marleau and Vince Harker, formerly Klim distributor in Canada as DCI Sales, Motonation Canada imports and distributes top motorcycle exclusive brands such as Sidi, Forcefield, AGV Sports, Vemar, Powerlet, Mefo Tires as well as Rox Risers and Techniche.

Bilingual Canadian French/English speaker Marleau manages dealer sales for Motonation. Previously, he was Klim Canada’s Eastern Canada sales manager, Powerlet Canada distributor/sales manager, and he previously worked as district sales manager for Yamaha Motor Canada for 12 years. He created the brand image for KLIM in Eastern Canada. Marleau is based in Keswick, Ontario.

Shawna Marleau manages eastern operations, supporting Syl, who is on the road visiting dealers throughout the year.

Former owner of DCI Sales, Harker founded the company in 1995. He is business manager for Motonation Canada and is based in Magrath, Alberta.

To schedule a Giant Loop product line dealer clinic, contact:
Syl Marleau, Motonation Canada, at (289) 231-5482
Shawna Marleau, Motonation Canada, at (289) 231-5295
Vince Harker, Motonation Canada, at (403) 758-6600

Giant Loop’s adventure-proof motorcycle gear packing systems are available from select international distributors, as well as from a network of premium dealers throughout the USA. Giant Loop designs and tests products in Bend, Oregon and manufactures everything in the USA (except for the Canadian made Pronghorn Straps). For all the details, go to www.giantloopmoto.com.

#
Giant Loop® and the GL® logo are registered trademarks of Giant Loop LLC.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #37
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Evolution of the Great Basin Saddlebag - from Great to GREATER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
OK now I'm a little confused.
Sorry, let's clear it up, MotoBoss (dig SideStandUp)! We move a lot faster than most companies - constant innovation and improvement driven by customer feedback and thousands of miles of use/testing is our goal here.

Quote:
Does the new (2014) model Great Basin (60L) have the built in "sleeping bag" compartment and the bottle holders? Yes or No
No. Almost two years ago, we eliminated these features based on customers telling us they couldn't fit their kit in the intended compartments. Instead, Giant Loop has designed modular, customizable systems that can be tailored to fit each ride and riders' needs. We don't all pack the same, ride the same or carry the same gear, and we don't want to force customers to conform to one person's set of needs. This also enabled us to significantly reduce the retail price of the Great Basin Saddlebag.

Quote:
Why does the bag come with 3 dry pod stuff sacks but when ordering a set separately you get 5?
Our primary goal was to make the Great Basin Saddlebag 100% waterproof for the 2014 season by including with the purchase price a set of seam-sealed roll top Dry Pods - at a lower cost than it was to buy them as an optional accessory last year. (The Coyote Saddlebag also includes a set of 3 Dry Pods for 2014, our Siskiyou Panniers have included 2 Dry Pods since their introduction a year ago.)

Truth is, when stuffed to the max, the original 5 Dry Pods were not well suited to fitting the interior space of the Great Basin Saddlebag. So for 2014, we replaced the 3 small separate Dry Pods with a single large, double-ended Pod that better fits the space - and helps make the new easier-sliding coil zipper even easier to manage.

Here's a pic of the new configuration - two lower Dry Pods that fit the shape of the "legs" and the cool new middle Dry Pod that actually fits most sleeping bags, without needing to own/buy an expensive down-filled mountaineering design:

Quote:
Wanting to order but not sure what I'm getting for $450.00.
Here's the GREAT news: The original Great Basin Saddlebag wasn't 100% waterproof and it lacked many of the important updates and improvements Giant Loop has made in the past two years (thanks to our incredibly talented and creative design director, who's also an accomplished world traveling adventure motorcyclist, Brian Frankle!). AND it retailed for $439 two year ago! Now, for a few bucks more you and other GL riders can enjoy a truly superior product - easier to use, 100% waterproof, better looking, more finish detail, etc.

Quote:
The GL website could use additional individual pictures of the bag in various state of packed and views of the inside, zippers and straps would be helpful.

Thank you
You are so absolutely right about our website. More good news: It's also getting updated and improved every day too - take a look at the 2014 Giant Loop Adventure Proof Packing Systems. (And yes, we'll update the Great Basin Dry Pods page ASAP!)

It may be hard to keep up with Giant Loop - but we're on the throttle and in it to win it! Thanks for coming along for the ride!

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 02-03-2014 at 01:25 PM Reason: TYPOS
Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #38
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,276
Thanks for the clarifications! Now I know what I am getting for what I want to purchase.

Incoming order

Carry on

MotoBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #39
bfly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
Our primary goal was to make the Great Basin Saddlebag 100% waterproof for the 2014 season by including with the purchase price a set of seam-sealed roll top Dry Pods - at a lower cost than it was to buy them as an optional accessory last year.
To be clear, the Great Basin is just as leaky as it ever was? It is the set of Dry Pods which are waterproof? If the Great Basin isn't, itself, waterproof then calling it 100% waterproof seems misleading?
bfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #40
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
2013+ Mojavi Saddlebag dry sacks ?

Can you suggest anything to keep the contents of the Mojavi saddlebags 100% waterproof.

Are there any plans to offer a fitted dry sack for the Mojavi's ?
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #41
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfly View Post
To be clear, the Great Basin is just as leaky as it ever was? It is the set of Dry Pods which are waterproof? If the Great Basin isn't, itself, waterproof then calling it 100% waterproof seems misleading?
"Our primary goal was to make the Great Basin Saddlebag 100% waterproof for the 2014 season by including with the purchase price a set of seam-sealed roll top Dry Pods - at a lower cost than it was to buy them as an optional accessory last year. (The Coyote Saddlebag also includes a set of 3 Dry Pods for 2014, our Siskiyou Panniers have included 2 Dry Pods since their introduction a year ago.)"

Seems crystal clear to me.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #42
bfly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
"Our primary goal was to make the Great Basin Saddlebag 100% waterproof for the 2014 season by including with the purchase price a set of seam-sealed roll top Dry Pods - at a lower cost than it was to buy them as an optional accessory last year. (The Coyote Saddlebag also includes a set of 3 Dry Pods for 2014, our Siskiyou Panniers have included 2 Dry Pods since their introduction a year ago.)"

Seems crystal clear to me.
I don't see that mentioned anywhere on your website. All it says is, "NEW FOR 2014 – NOW 100% WATERPROOF!" Seems to me you would want to be crystal clear their as well.
bfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #43
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Not a rep, but I do stand behind their bags. I quoted Olafs last post. I just read the advertisement and I will grant it isn't %100 crystal clear, but it does state that it includes 3 Dry Pods.

I'm willing to bet Olaf will update his site to help clarify this mystery.

Great product at a fair price that has as of yet to fail me.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #44
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfly View Post
I don't see that mentioned anywhere on your website. All it says is, "NEW FOR 2014 – NOW 100% WATERPROOF!" Seems to me you would want to be crystal clear their as well.
Please let me know what part of this is unclear, and we will update the page immediately. Thanks, Harold
Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #45
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,566
it seems like a silly thing but you know once upon a time they didnt have to
have the hot coffee warning on hot coffee cups.. just sayin'

2 SPOT screwed with this post 02-04-2014 at 02:32 PM
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote