ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #46
dbzeag
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 18
I would definitely go with the Piaggio BV350 for my daily driver and road trips and in the stable a Sym Symba for some hipster fun. And definitely one of these:

dbzeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #47
brianwheelies
Iron toocus
 
brianwheelies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Oddometer: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzeag View Post
I would definitely go with the Piaggio BV350 for my daily driver and road trips and in the stable a Sym Symba for some hipster fun. And definitely one of these:

They are not in the states, right? The Janus.

Edit: made in Indiana. That would be a 15 minute top end change!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninVT View Post
Adding a turbo or supercharger doesn't automatically turn an engine into a Palestinian alarm clock.

brianwheelies screwed with this post 01-30-2014 at 02:38 PM
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:50 AM   #48
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzeag View Post
Aprilia Mana 850.
Yes, I know, most of the stuff I listed above can shift manually, that's
why I listed them - just the SRV/GP can't.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:14 AM   #49
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Oddometer: 186
That Janus is very (retro) cool . . . hardly a 'scooter' tho'. ???

Talking of quick top-end changes etc . . . that's (partly) why I love Fizzies (Yamaha FS1E.)
FizzyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:57 AM   #50
oldbutspry
Mr. Guns and Bikes!
 
oldbutspry's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Seoul, Korea
Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post


Aprilia SR300 Max.
I like the look of that one but I'm guessing it would cost more than than the $3000-$3500 I might would be willing to pay for it.
oldbutspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 AM   #51
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
I like the look of that one but I'm guessing it would cost more than than the $3000-$3500 I might would be willing to pay for it.
It costs as much as the Downtown 300 here and has 30% less power,
half the underseat storage, half the comfort and probably half the build
quality.

The Gilera Nexus 500 was another story, but they didn't rebadge that one,
with it's special suspension, amazing brakes and wheels/tires, but the budget
one that sells like mad.

The Nexus 500 is comparable to the T-max 500, for almost half the price,
and now imagine they made the T-max 300, with half the power and a
regular scooter frame, suspension etc.. but just called it T-max.

People would be all over it, and not even caring.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #52
dbzeag
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
They are not in the states, right? The Janus.

Edit: made in Indiana. That would be a 15 minute top end change!
totally made in the US, mostly for US sales. There is actually a "dealer" or Janus in Texas even!
dbzeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #53
dbzeag
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyRascal View Post
That Janus is very (retro) cool . . . hardly a 'scooter' tho'. ???

Talking of quick top-end changes etc . . . that's (partly) why I love Fizzies (Yamaha FS1E.)
50cc two-stroke. Just about as "scooter" as a Honda Cub with a 4 stroke 4 speed chain driven drivetrain in my book but technically you are right.
dbzeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #54
brianwheelies
Iron toocus
 
brianwheelies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Oddometer: 2,991
Tried looking up the Janus on YouTube and not 1 video. Bigfoot has more credit!

Cortez, you just love Piaggio group bashing. I would still take the SR300 over the Kymco. Kymco bikes are getting better but they are still missing in passion for me. Although I do like what Kawi did with the J300.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninVT View Post
Adding a turbo or supercharger doesn't automatically turn an engine into a Palestinian alarm clock.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #55
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Tried looking up the Janus on YouTube and not 1 video. Bigfoot has more credit!

Cortez, you just love Piaggio group bashing. I would still take the SR300 over the Kymco. Kymco bikes are getting better but they are still missing in passion for me. Although I do like what Kawi did with the J300.
I agree on the passion side of things.
I was bored stiff on my DT last year.
I did 15k miles on it.

I put it up in the ads for sale or swap for a Piaggio BV500.. so.. :)

..but stumbled across a good FZ6 deal.

I'd still love to have the BV500 even if it handles like crap compared to
the BV350.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #56
gec343
Studly Adventurer
 
gec343's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Evart, Michigan
Oddometer: 801
New 750 Honda Integra!
__________________
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” -- Anatole France

2010 Gold Wing/ABS
1977 R100/7 (bought new)
gec343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #57
Motovista
Parts is Parts
 
Motovista's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 506
Damn, I thought these two would have been mentioned by now,

Italjet Dragster 180 or Peugeot Jetforce 125.

Dragster 180


P
eugeot Jetforce 125

Jetforce Engine with Supercharger


Nothing else is like these two Scooters. They are unique, innovative, and more important, very fast.
__________________
Discount OEM, replacement and performance parts for vespa, honda, bmw, yamaha, suzuki, genuine, kymco, piaggio, aprilia, SYM, tgb, tomos and other scooters at http://www.scooterpartsco.com
GT200, GT200, ET2, Italjet Velocifero, Italjet Torpedo, Eton Beamer 3, Genuine Buddy Pamplona 150, Kymco Vitality 50, Honda Elite 50
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #58
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,692
And both among the least reliable scooters ever made.


I believe Italjet Formula or Dragster was mentioned already, and I
talked about the Jetforce.

The Formula 125 (2 cylinder 2 stroke) was the worst and the
Jetforce 125 Compressor (there was a version without it too)
cost almost the same as my Ninja 650R.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #59
Motovista
Parts is Parts
 
Motovista's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
And both among the least reliable scooters ever made.


I believe Italjet Formula or Dragster was mentioned already, and I
talked about the Jetforce.

The Formula 125 (2 cylinder 2 stroke) was the worst and the
Jetforce 125 Compressor (there was a version without it too)
cost almost the same as my Ninja 650R.
But beautiful nonetheless. I would love to find a clean low mileage Dragster 180. It looks like what you'd expect if Ducati made a scooter.
__________________
Discount OEM, replacement and performance parts for vespa, honda, bmw, yamaha, suzuki, genuine, kymco, piaggio, aprilia, SYM, tgb, tomos and other scooters at http://www.scooterpartsco.com
GT200, GT200, ET2, Italjet Velocifero, Italjet Torpedo, Eton Beamer 3, Genuine Buddy Pamplona 150, Kymco Vitality 50, Honda Elite 50
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #60
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterpartsco View Post
But beautiful nonetheless. I would love to find a clean low mileage Dragster 180. It looks like what you'd expect if Ducati made a scooter.
True, and that was a good engine.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014