ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #7471
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer
 
SAPB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
I compared the prices for parts that I had ordered recently at discounthondaparts.com with those from hondapartsnation.com, and partsnation was about 40 cents higher on on every item (I ordered 6 oil filters, two air filters and one chain slider for the CB500XA that I have on order).
Actually, I kind of forgot about Rocky Mountain. Free shipping on orders over $99, so get a tire(s), and bring it up over the free ship price with other stuff.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/
__________________
C14 - CRF250L, always cleaned while it's raining

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #7472
jsonder
Tired Old Fart
 
jsonder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Actually, I kind of forgot about Rocky Mountain. Free shipping on orders over $99, so get a tire(s), and bring it up over the free ship price with other stuff.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/
The parts cost $16 more so free shipping would have cost me an extra $6, compared to discounthondaparts.com. I stopped at $92 with the order to get the under $100 shipping rate of $9.99. My parts cost $102 with shipping, Rockymountainatvmc.com was $108 with free shipping.
__________________
John
2009 Honda CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet)
2014 Honda CB500XA (Daily Rider)
jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #7473
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
I just off the phone with Bill Blue and thought I'd share this for anyone interested.

He was at the dyno measuring his wifes CRF250L. On their dyno they got 17.4 HP at the rear wheel. (I realize that's lower than most dyno #'s)

With his 305cc kit and pipe he got 25.1 HP.

He did some porting on the head, oversize valves and hasn't checked it yet as they were working on another engine. From riding it he told me he thinks it'll have another 2 or 3 hp over the Big Bore.

All of Bill's Dyno #'s seem low/conservative. If you were to compare to this test in cycleworld:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/02/27...mparison-test/
They measured the CRF @ 19.6 RWHP (or about 15% more than on Bill's Dyno) and the Yamaha WR250R at 24.8.
Adjusting the dyno #'s would give Bill's 305cc 28.8 RWHP and will have to wait and see on the run with the ported head but I'm sure it's over 30!

Of course the 305cc kit is new so no info yet on reliability but my KLX351 has been amazing reliability wise! http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954209
. Any way you cut it, the big bore kit will give at least another 25% more power- I have another six months before i can get the kit shipped over.... Bigger throttle body and the Australian foam uni filter should just about get my bike perfect. I will still need the very loud FMF exhaust and seat upgrade...
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #7474
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnath9's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
. Any way you cut it, the big bore kit will give at least another 25% more power- I have another six months before i can get the kit shipped over.... Bigger throttle body and the Australian foam uni filter should just about get my bike perfect. I will still need the very loud FMF exhaust and seat upgrade...
17.4 sounds about right to me as the stage 1 kit should give you about 3 more HP .... My bike with the stage 1 kit was at about 20.5 and after the 305 it is now at just under 26. I also have knobbies and some say that will give you lower Dyno numbers but I do not know nor do I think it is important.
I am at work and the exact numbers are at home.

I believe all Dyno's will vary some but, should give you a good idea of the amount of power gained from your modifications.

Also the guy that installed my 305 said he could have squeezed some more power out of it but, he did not want to make it to lean ... He said I could come back after I racked up some miles on it and he could re-tune it for me.

So far I like my 305 and it feels stronger all the time but because I am in Nebraska ... I have only about 200 or so miles on it.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #7475
Kray
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
17.4 sounds about right to me as the stage 1 kit should give you about 3 more HP .... My bike with the stage 1 kit was at about 20.5 and after the 305 it is now at just under 26. I also have knobbies and some say that will give you lower Dyno numbers but I do not know nor do I think it is important.
I am at work and the exact numbers are at home.

I believe all Dyno's will vary some but, should give you a good idea of the amount of power gained from your modifications.

Also the guy that installed my 305 said he could have squeezed some more power out of it but, he did not want to make it to lean ... He said I could come back after I racked up some miles on it and he could re-tune it for me.

So far I like my 305 and it feels stronger all the time but because I am in Nebraska ... I have only about 200 or so miles on it.
Did he actually adjust the firmware in your ECU or did he just play with the EJK? I'm assuming ECU tuning.
__________________
'15 WR250R Build Thread
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #7476
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnath9's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Did he actually adjust the firmware in your ECU or did he just play with the EJK? I'm assuming ECU tuning.
I dunno .... sorry man but, I left this job for the Pro's. You might be right tho because when I asked about removing the canister or hego etc ... he said he can just turn that stuff off with the computer ... I probably should have asked more questions and I will see him next week so if I remember I can ask.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #7477
Kray
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I dunno .... sorry man but, I left this job for the Pro's. You might be right tho because when I asked about removing the canister or hego etc ... he said he can just turn that stuff off with the computer ... I probably should have asked more questions and I will see him next week so if I remember I can ask.
I'd be interested to know
__________________
'15 WR250R Build Thread
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #7478
AriWiedaetschi
Adventurer
 
AriWiedaetschi's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: MoselFranken Germany
Oddometer: 93
First pics of my Luggage Case Rack

You are looking for a less than 20$ Luggage Case / Rack



You will find my solution here

http://feldweg-streuner.blogspot.de/...r-crf250l.html
__________________
I want to die asleep like my grandfather...
....not screaming like his passenger
http://feldweg-streuner.blogspot.de
AriWiedaetschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #7479
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Actually, I kind of forgot about Rocky Mountain. Free shipping on orders over $99, so get a tire(s), and bring it up over the free ship price with other stuff.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
17.4 sounds about right to me as the stage 1 kit should give you about 3 more HP .... My bike with the stage 1 kit was at about 20.5 and after the 305 it is now at just under 26. I also have knobbies and some say that will give you lower Dyno numbers but I do not know nor do I think it is important.
I am at work and the exact numbers are at home.

I believe all Dyno's will vary some but, should give you a good idea of the amount of power gained from your modifications.

Also the guy that installed my 305 said he could have squeezed some more power out of it but, he did not want to make it to lean ... He said I could come back after I racked up some miles on it and he could re-tune it for me.

So far I like my 305 and it feels stronger all the time but because I am in Nebraska ... I have only about 200 or so miles on it.
Hey Gnath- has your fuel consumption changed at all with the big Bore?
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #7480
wolftrax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wolftrax's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns Ga.
Oddometer: 471
Gnath, how many miles do you have on your 305? Any issues?
__________________
2014 Honda CRF250L
2013 Husky TR 650
1990 KLR650
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #7481
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnath9's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi5 View Post
Hey Gnath- has your fuel consumption changed at all with the big Bore?
I think I get better mpg's with the 305 just putting around town and the amount of shifting has been reduced to so little it's crazy. I have 13/42's on it and can drop to 35mph in top gear and back up to whatever all without downshifting all with a 1/4 turn of the throttle. I think about 59mpg may have been my high and 47 was my worst. Also, I also do not try to get good mpg's I just ride it so I think if I really wanted to ... 65 mpg would be pretty easy to obtain.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #7482
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnath9's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrax View Post
Gnath, how many miles do you have on your 305? Any issues?
I had it installed in November and I live in Nebraska so ... I only have a little over 200 miles on it I think ... maybe 300 because I did get to ride it twice last month. For me this bike is for fun not transportation so It has to be above 35 and dry roads before I take it out.
I have had no issues with it and as the miles rack up it feels better with every ride.
I will say it is not as smooth as it was stock and the new cylinder is steel not aluminum. Don't take this as it runs rough or anything odd ... it is just not butter like it was and I can feel a slight vibration. I do not think it will last as long as a stock engine would but ... I think it may go 25,000 miles before needing some new rings or whatever. this is all just a guess tho as I have not a clue. I know a guy that has 4,700 miles without a single issue as well. So my hopes are high and confident. But, this thing can lift the front tire with ease in second gear now. I have a new wheel set coming and I am going with 14/48 gearing since I do not ride highways or commute with the bike. I am hoping for 3rd gear wheelies and if that does not work then the 13T will go back on it.
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #7483
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Oddometer: 437
Almost everything has been installed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Moto View Post

Bike:
-Corbin Seat
-ManRack BBQ rack
-DRC edge LED tail light w/ front and rear LED flexible signals
-Moose Racing skid plate
-Emperor radiator guard
-Moose Racing Contour hand guards (not on yet)
-DRC wide foot pegs
-Rear brake cylinder guard (sorry no picture)
-Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag
-Enduro fold-able mirrors
-Protaper Pillow Grips
I was at the shop this mornin putting on the rest of the stuff I received. All that is left is the hand guards which were waiting when I got home

I will be riding Tuesday to test everything out!



__________________
-----------------------------------------------------
2014 CRF250L
www.FrommersNaturalFoods.com
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #7484
Kray
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,099
Thanks to Fytclub for the Wolfman tail bag!



edit: better photo
__________________
'15 WR250R Build Thread

Kray screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 06:10 PM
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #7485
kiwi5
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I had it installed in November and I live in Nebraska so ... I only have a little over 200 miles on it I think ... maybe 300 because I did get to ride it twice last month. For me this bike is for fun not transportation so It has to be above 35 and dry roads before I take it out.
I have had no issues with it and as the miles rack up it feels better with every ride.
I will say it is not as smooth as it was stock and the new cylinder is steel not aluminum. Don't take this as it runs rough or anything odd ... it is just not butter like it was and I can feel a slight vibration. I do not think it will last as long as a stock engine would but ... I think it may go 25,000 miles before needing some new rings or whatever. this is all just a guess tho as I have not a clue. I know a guy that has 4,700 miles without a single issue as well. So my hopes are high and confident. But, this thing can lift the front tire with ease in second gear now. I have a new wheel set coming and I am going with 14/48 gearing since I do not ride highways or commute with the bike. I am hoping for 3rd gear wheelies and if that does not work then the 13T will go back on it.
Oh man I can't wait to have this set up on my bike....
kiwi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015