Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #16
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,528
This one a guy up in Aspen paid Blue to build for him and then told Blue to just hang onto it and ride it because he didn't want to. Crate 572 in this one:

[/QUOTE]

Dana I wonder what you and such a guy from Aspen have in common ? Colorado drivers license.
This guys playing show and tell but he doesn't have much to say but he's assuring us all his credit line is excellent. I wonder if he's done the 4 corners tour on it ??
Old 02-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
DirtyDR
Dana

Oddometer: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebig View Post
This one a guy up in Aspen paid Blue to build for him and then told Blue to just hang onto it and ride it because he didn't want to. Crate 572 in this one:

Dana I wonder what you and such a guy from Aspen have in common ? Colorado drivers license.
This guys playing show and tell but he doesn't have much to say but he's assuring us all his credit line is excellent. I wonder if he's done the 4 corners tour on it ??[/QUOTE]

The car show is in Moab and Blue, the builder not the owner, rides it out there for the party. I do not believe the owner has ever driven it, he just told Blue to hang on to it and ride it. He did pay completely for the build.

Here is Blue:

Here is me:

Nothing in common. By the way Blue does not live in Aspen.
99 Rokon Ranger
71 Rokon RT140

Hack'n the TLH
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592860

http://dirtydr.smugmug.com/

Proud Member of the Patrol Patrol
DirtyDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #18
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by warkshop View Post
If one takes Mama for a nice sidecar ride i have found that resistance goes right out the window. She finds she is no longer looking at the back of himself's head, can stretch out her legs and likes this new experience.
My wife wouldn't stop screaming. It got really annoying after a few miles. That's why I ride with my dog now.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #19
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDR View Post
This guys playing show and tell but he doesn't have much to say but he's assuring us all his credit line is excellent. I wonder if he's done the 4 corners tour on it ??
The car show is in Moab and Blue, the builder not the owner, rides it out there for the party. I do not believe the owner has ever driven it, he just told Blue to hang on to it and ride it. He did pay completely for the build.

Here is Blue:

Nothing in common. By the way Blue does not live in Aspen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am not surprised Blue doesn't live in Aspen.DB
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #20
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 922
We do both trikes and sidecars, For some people a trike is the better way to go, for many a sidecar is the better way to go, for me I will always go with a sidecar. Both have their pro's and con's.
Stay away from the "fake" trikes where they keep the rear wheel on the bike. For one they are not legal in many states as they now must meet car regulations, Washington state is the only state I know of that has ever enforced this however but more importantly, there are enough safety issues with them when you go to swerve that they are not allowed on the training range for the sidecar trike education program (s/tep) Why not take a S/tep class and try both? I would also be glad to talk with you about both sidecars and trikes as well as independent verses non independent suspension on trikes.
Also think about your passenger, Some passengers find as they age that sitting behind some on the bike can cause hip issues on a long ride while in a sidecar they can move around and the view is often better. Other people find it easy to get onto the rear of a trike but hard to get into some sidecars, some sidecars are a lot easier then others to get in and out of.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #21
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,226
Trikes have 3 chances to hit that pothole you were trying to miss.If you plan ahead you can miss the potholes with the 2 tracks of a sidecar.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #22
kshansen
kshansen

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
Trikes have 3 chances to hit that pothole you were trying to miss.If you plan ahead you can miss the potholes with the 2 tracks of a sidecar.
That or the dead skunk in the middle of your lane of traffic.
kshansen is offline   Reply With Quote