ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #16
bscman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dual Sport View Post
State Farm for me. I've had the same agent for almost 18 years now. Under $300 a year for liability, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, and $15,000 of personal injury with no deductable. I've had to use the personal injury. No issues, no hassels including physical therapy.
+1

State farm on 2 bikes, under $300 a year with all the same coverage. I haven't had to use it on the bike, but I have a few times for auto. They've worked harder for me than any insurance agency should...and they insure more than just my vehicles. I had a check in hand the same-day after being victim of a car prowl.
They also offer a plan for pennies to cover up to $3,000 worth of personal belongings....makes bringing your laptop, DSLR camera, etc. along on vacation a lot less nerve wrecking.
bscman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #17
Need For Speed
Ridin' fool(ishly)

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dual Sport View Post
State Farm for me.
Me too.

I had a claim or 2 in the past, and they were more than fair with the settlement.

When I went to buy (finance) my 14R this past summer, high insurance costs would have been a deal breaker. Full coverage with high limits and unins/underins. was $39 a month I felt that was a more than fair rate, considering the prowess/rating of the might Neenja.

Probably helps that I have everything insured with them, including my house.
'13 ZX14R - fulfiller of adrenaline needs
It's the journey, NOT the destination
Need For Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #18
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
I'd agree heartily with the suggestion to shop around a bit - in fact, that's a worthwhile exercise to do every couple years or so.

I was with Liberty Mutual on our bikes (three Beemers) and cars and thought I was getting a decent rate, however when I consolidated all of our policies (homeowner's, bike, auto) with Allstate I got a much better deal.

I've done Progressive in the past, but they screwed me over on one bike (agent quoted one price, policy redone by underwriter who more than doubled the price) and I haven't been back. I'd consider them again, however, on my next pricing excursion.
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
And a fluffy cat named Chester....
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #19
Rick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscman View Post
+1

State farm on 2 bikes, under $300 a year with all the same coverage. I haven't had to use it on the bike, but I have a few times for auto. They've worked harder for me than any insurance agency should...and they insure more than just my vehicles. I had a check in hand the same-day after being victim of a car prowl.
They also offer a plan for pennies to cover up to $3,000 worth of personal belongings....makes bringing your laptop, DSLR camera, etc. along on vacation a lot less nerve wrecking.
I have State Farm also. Paying $362 a year. Just curious I went and did a quote with Geico with all the same options as State Farm and the quote was $162 a year. Wow... I think I need to rethink this insurance thing.

I have 2 cars, my house and a million dollar umbrella policy with State Farm and this is the best they gave me.....