ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #4306
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
Where's the link?
Here it is.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #4307
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderspoon View Post
Was out at my father-in-law's house on Madison rd. near valley ford yesterday. Two riders, one on what looked to be a Beemer 650 and another on a black KLR 650. Any of you kids?
That could of been us. A black and white new gen KLR and a black old school KLR. Ended up on Valley Chapel via Hangman, Rockford, Valley Ford and then down the back way to visit A19 in Chester. Kind of a usual early spring shakedown. Lots of sand on those there roads.
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #4308
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
That could of been us. A black and white new gen KLR and a black old school KLR. Ended up on Valley Chapel via Hangman, Rockford, Valley Ford and then down the back way to visit A19 in Chester. Kind of a usual early spring shakedown. Lots of sand on those there roads.
He beat me to it, I was going to guess it was us.
smithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #4309
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
Here it is.

Thanks Tim. Do you have the GoPro backpack thing so you can see the video in real time on a smartphone or tablet phone via wifi? I think that would be awesome on a car.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #4310
Live2Ride
Not Famous

No, but I have a gopro app that allows me to watch it, start and stop it and turn it on and off with my phone. I have a Blade 180 quad coming in the mail tomorrow that has an HD video/camera on it.
If I like it, I will get a DJI Phantom with a gopro mount.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #4311
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Is that a GoPro Hero 3 Tim?
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #4312
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Yeah, its the 3+ silver edition.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #4313
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
The T-dub hunt still goes on. People are loony. I seriously can't find a TW200 for anywhere near their kbb or nada value. For the $2000 it's a 88 or 89. And for $100 more I can find 2006's... Someone on Craigslist is literally trying to sell an untitled 87 for $2600. Then the guys I've been talking with, one "lost" the title and the other won't return my calls anymore.

If you guys happen to stumble upon a cheap, small, reliable DS for Rachael, please forward it to me. It's maddening trying to deal with this market. There's a reason your bike has been listed for 6 months now, you're day-dreaming! We've only got about $1500 set aside for "fun stuff". XT225/XT250, I'd love a Super Sherpa, a smaller DR, etc etc. Thanks guys.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #4314
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
If I like it, I will get a DJI Phantom with a gopro mount.
I was thinking of one of these or the 3DR Iris which has a, follow me, mode. Now I can wait and see what you think of yours

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #4315
Live2Ride
Not Famous

You might just have to ride to Rockford and check it out. I might even have a beer or two here.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #4316
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
The T-dub hunt still goes on. People are loony. I seriously can't find a TW200 for anywhere near their kbb or nada value. For the $2000 it's a 88 or 89. And for $100 more I can find 2006's... Someone on Craigslist is literally trying to sell an untitled 87 for $2600. Then the guys I've been talking with, one "lost" the title and the other won't return my calls anymore.

If you guys happen to stumble upon a cheap, small, reliable DS for Rachael, please forward it to me. It's maddening trying to deal with this market. There's a reason your bike has been listed for 6 months now, you're day-dreaming! We've only got about $1500 set aside for "fun stuff". XT225/XT250, I'd love a Super Sherpa, a smaller DR, etc etc. Thanks guys.
I sure do miss my Sherpa, fine little bike. You are about a year too late, I sold it for about $1500.

airheadbruce screwed with this post 03-09-2014 at 06:26 PM
airheadbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #4317
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Airheadbruce, You should have kept your Sherpa and just added to it. That's what I do.

Today I went out to 7-Mile ORV park and it has been a few years since I was last out there. I was pleasantly surprised to see they have expanded the boundries adding to the riding area.

I used to spend a lot of time out there practicing skills but my riding buddies went different directions and I got lazy and stopped going out there. I wasn't too motivated when it came to going out there alone. It shows in my riding too.

7-Mile has the things available for practice that I need. Down trees for log hops, down trees with no bark (slick) for more challenging log hops, lots of big deep puddles for water crossings, the creek bed for the dreaded sand (I need sand practice most of all), ruts, hill climbs and trees to dodge. I guess the only thing it's missing is rocks.

This doesn't have anything to do with anything but I thought I would throw it out there in case there is anyone that needs practice time with a variety of terrain.

The snow is pretty much gone which surprised me too. I thought it would still have a lot of snow out there. Not a bad place to go until the mountains are accessible again.

There wasn't much of anyone out there. The only down side of the park is you have to watch out for the 4X4s because they aren't watching for you but if you're in the trees they can't get you

It's a state park so you do need a Discover Pass in your vehicle to park there if you haul your bike out. If your bike isn't street legal you'll need your ORV tag. If your bike is licensed you will need a Discover Pass but not the ORV tags.

After seeing the improvements that have taken place at this park over the years I'm happy to pay the fees.

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 03-10-2014 at 03:30 AM
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #4318
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
I sure do miss my Sherpa, fine little bike. You are about a year too late, I sold it for about $1500.
I wish I could find a sherpa that cheap! Saw one in great falls on craigslist today for $1800. Sale was literally taking place when I called. I cried a little.

Lb, how much is that pass now a days?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Old 03-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #4319
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
7-Mile has the things available for practice that I need. Down trees for log hops, down trees with no bark (slick) for more challenging log hops, lots of big deep puddles for water crossings, the creek bed for the dreaded sand (I need sand practice most of all), ruts, hill climbs and trees to dodge. I guess the only thing it's missing is rocks.
+1 great place to play. Watch out on a couple of those puddles. This time of year some of them are over your mirrors. There is a good rock garden on the north end of the stream bed.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #4320
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
I wish I could find a sherpa that cheap! Saw one in great falls on craigslist today for $1800. Sale was literally taking place when I called. I cried a little.

Lb, how much is that pass now a days?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Discovery Pass is $30.00 a year: http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
+1 great place to play. Watch out on a couple of those puddles. This time of year some of them are over your mirrors. There is a good rock garden on the north end of the stream bed.
I always migrate south when I go out there for some reason. Next time I'll have to go North and check out that rock garden.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote