ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #256
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTlost View Post
I will be trying to connect up with the group as you get closer to my home in SW Montana. This whole thing sounds like great fun!! It would also be nice to get to know some of the other dirt road riders from this part of Montana.
06 V Strom, sometimes lost but finding her way
MTlost,

Glad to hear you might be able to join in the fun. This year's route skirts your locale, but if you have any neat places to highlight in the areas of/or along the route, let us know. Always game for adding some interesting waypoints, etc.

Ron
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #257
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
I checked on the first campground and since it is Glacier NP and it will be in peak season....[http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Fish-Creek]. ..does anyone make a group reservation or do we do that on our own?

I doubt if remote locations are an issue and Fish Creek does take reservations...

Sat at the start; where in Troy and at what time should we meet?

Sorry if I missed this information in previous posts.

Thanks..Phil
[QUOTE=Wallowa;23564817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsman View Post
That right.
Well I have no problem with camping in the wild. I'd prefer it actually.[/QUOT

Fish Creek limits: 2 vehicles per site / 8 persons [NA for us!] and no group site.....

Sooooooo, it sounds like we need to reserve a site per two bikes [lots of reservations already made if I read the website correctly] or we need an alternate site or we all just scrounge for ourselves and meet somewhere Sun AM....

Wansfel....if we are locked into Fish Creek please let me know ASAP and I will reserve a site..

Thanks again...Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
You all are getting a sniff of the myriad of details that Ron and I constantly think about and how to solve. Please continue to raise the issues, but don't necessarily look for immediate solutions other than the dates are LOCKED IN. We'll release information as we think is necessary to do so.

Right now, what we really need is a count of who's in. Could you please repost your intent to join us after this message. I'll then post the participants on the first page of this thread. While it's not optimal, we may need to disperse our first night's camping and have a common Saturday morning meeting point.

Also, ALL relevant information needed for the ride will be re-posted on the first page so one doesn't have to wade through this thread (as interesting as it is!).
As it turns out, the very same dates that this trip is scheduled for are dates that are "locked down" in my work schedule - Locked down as vacation that is

So, since it just so happens that my vacation is this exact same time frame, it must be a sign So count me in.

Tim, you mentioned updating the "first page" (second post). As for me, having the full list of riders is fine, but I'd let them go all onto "one" line (letting the browser wrap as needed. I also don't need them numbered , so let me just repeat that list to see how it looks compact:

Riders: Wansfel, Timmer, DammitDave, BlackBoots, PArt, SoreButt, Olyrider, 4r22mny, airheadbruce, Kinsman, MoonDogMt, Wallowa, DirtyPatches, jonz, RidingAgin, Danodemotoman, Oldtimer, moto-treks, Roadglide, Laydybug0048, langstang96, StoneAgeMan

Personally I'd rather see a link to the blog and maybe some of the key reservation data on that "first post"

StoneAge man
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #258
Clark60
n00b

Oddometer: 9
mont 2014--count me in

Haven't finished reading everything yet….jumped to last page and read I had better sign up re; camping issues….so include me in tim….glad you're back is ok….I have always wanted to go to the proposed area so this is great having you plan it for me.
Clark60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #259
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

[QUOTE=StoneAgeMan;23696464]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post

................... So count me in.............StoneAge man
Old 03-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #260
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Clark, Good to hear your IN The dirty little details can be found at:
http://bom2014.blogspot.com/

Ron
Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #261
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post

Hi ya Ron

This year I'm bringing my CPAP machine, don't want to get tired and backup over anybodies bike! (also stops my snoring). I bought a special "little" lithium-ion battery that'll run it all night and recharge while riding the next day.

Looks like this will be a fun ride, time to mark up the Benchmark some more. I'll be running my favorite steed

she'll get trailered over from Seattle to around Troy, MT.

Now I just need to find somebody that's reserved a tent site and want's to split it (the site, I've got my own tent).

StoneAge
Old 03-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #262
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,568
Uh oh, I guess I missed that we are supposed to reserve our tent site in Troy? Is there a designated campground everyone is staying at or are we on our own to figure out where to stay there?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #263
DirtyPatches
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
Hi ya Ron

This year I'm bringing my CPAP machine, don't want to get tired and backup over anybodies bike! (also stops my snoring). I bought a special "little" lithium-ion battery that'll run it all night and recharge while riding the next day.

Looks like this will be a fun ride, time to mark up the Benchmark some more. I'll be running my favorite steed

she'll get trailered over from Seattle to around Troy, MT.

Now I just need to find somebody that's reserved a tent site and want's to split it (the site, I've got my own tent).

StoneAge
I'm also looking to split a tent site... Havent looked into availability yet but down to spilt if there is one.
Got a bunkhouse reserved at that campsite outside of troy Friday night before the official meet and start in troy. If anyone wants to chip in and split happy to share!

DirtyPatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #264
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,190
Sure...I Am Looking For A Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPatches View Post
I'm also looking to split a tent site... Havent looked into availability yet but down to spilt if there is one.
Got a bunkhouse reserved at that campsite outside of troy Friday night before the official meet and start in troy. If anyone wants to chip in and split happy to share!
I arrive sometime the day before the start, Friday. It is a three day ride for me from Enterprise to Troy....Soooooo to have a place to flop would be nice....give me the details in a PM and I will share the cost..

Thanks..Phil
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #265
Migrant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Wow - there has been a lot of time and pre-planning that has gone into this ride already. I appreciate the effort.

If its not too late, I'd like to throw me and my KLR into the mix. Are milk crates optional for this ride? :)

Thanks
Migrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #266
DirtyPatches
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant View Post
Wow - there has been a lot of time and pre-planning that has gone into this ride already. I appreciate the effort.

If its not too late, I'd like to throw me and my KLR into the mix. Are milk crates optional for this ride? :)

Thanks
Hats off to all the planners, its hard just keeping up.

Yay another fellow KLR rider on the BOM1000!!! unfortunately my milk crate get-up is being retired with nice luggage although it will be a sad day when it comes off. Whats more KLR than a stolen milk crate as luggage!?

Old 03-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #267
langstang96
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
2014 Best of Montana 1000

@ stonageman: re CPAP. I was recommended the Pure sleep mouth piece for times that I could not use the CPAP. Extra weight + battery and space on the bike. Only $60 +\_.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
langstang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #268
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Troy and Fish Creek reservations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Uh oh, I guess I missed that we are supposed to reserve our tent site in Troy? Is there a designated campground everyone is staying at or are we on our own to figure out where to stay there?
There's been rumors that the first "official" camp site, Fish Creek on Saturday evening, could be busy that time of year. I've got a site (for Saturday 7/26) that has space for 7 folks and 1 more vehicle. Wallowa (Phil) posted earlier that he also has a tent site reserved and can share space. I'm in C113, which is close by Phil (c109) on the no-generator and no-power loop.

As for Friday, I've sent a PM to Patches to see if there's more room in the bunkhouse or not. Else I'll be looking around some more.

Not to scare anybody, but I'd say almost 2/3 of the Fish Creek sites are already reserved (at least in C-loop). Wallowa and I have two of them (thus room for two more bikes beside ours), does anybody else here have a reservation for 7/26 at Fish Creek? (or Friday in Troy)?

The reservation links are on the blog at http://bom2014.blogspot.com/

StoneAge Steve
Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #269
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Fish Ck CG

Apgar CG is close by to Fish Ck also. The main focus for the first night location is to position everyone so that we can hit the Going to the Sun Highway as early as possible Sunday morning. It will be prime tourist time on a weekend so we want an early start before the traffic gets too congested.

I'm glad to hear people are reserving campsites early.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #270
DirtyPatches
Adventurer

Sorry all the bunk house in troy is full

They have cabins and tent spots and he's giving 15% off for inmates!
www.krooutfitters.com

Need to organize some tent spots further along the route if anyone's got one lookin to share?