ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #91
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
You guys missed out !!!!!!!!!!! Great fun in Delta Saturday.INTA has how many members? We have 25 maybe.$25 is cheap for a day of fun.
I have been out of town and just got back late Monday and INTA is this Sunday. Yada, yada, yada.....too much driving and INTA just started an amateur class that I want to go and ride....cause the one time I tried intermediate was not fun. Way over my comfort zone. As in a lot of 5's for taking the novice line rather than try my luck on the intermediate line. Maybe next time. Make sure to post a reminder here. But....Whiskey Gulch is on the do not miss list! You going this year?
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #92
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Dan changed Whiskey Gulch to 6-28/29.I am going to help him set so I should know the sections pretty good.Next Utah event is March 22 at Elberta which is 45 minutes SW of Provo.Great place to ride.I am going to Moab to ride the week before so I can get tuned up a little better.We are also planning to go to the early May event in Washington.May 3/4 in Goldendale.Had a national there a few years ago so it is a great place to ride.

mung screwed with this post 03-04-2014 at 07:33 AM
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #93
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
Dan changed Whiskey Gulch to 6-28/29.I am going to help him set so I should know the sections pretty good.Next Utah event is March 22 at Elberta which is 45 minutes SW of Provo.Great place to ride.I am going to Moab to ride the week before so I can get tuned up a little better.We are also planning to go to the early May event in Washington.May 3/4 in Goldendale.Had a national there a few years ago so it is a great place to ride.
I'll put the Whiskey Gulch dates in my calendar. Are you riding intermediate this year? Since you'll be helping setting up the sections I know who to ask for pointers on lines. I know how much you like to help us struggling amateur riders http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=231

March 22, 23 is PNTA event that the Boise guys go to. :(

May 4 is an INTA ride at Hayden Lake, ID. What club is putting on the Goldendale event? Sounds like a great ride.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #94
JUNBUG
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Really not trying for a plug here but Moto Tech in Boise is now dealing with Beta. We do have a 300ss in stock and can get whatever bike you need. If you guys have a local club we would love to host you. Come by and check us out, maybe give us some ideas on what we can do to help you out.
JUNBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #95
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNBUG View Post
Really not trying for a plug here but Moto Tech in Boise is now dealing with Beta. We do have a 300ss in stock and can get whatever bike you need. If you guys have a local club we would love to host you. Come by and check us out, maybe give us some ideas on what we can do to help you out.
Plug away. I know I have invited the owner (saw him out with a flat bed trailer full of bikes) and also Brian has invited him to come out riding with us on Sunday. He is on the "ride list" so he knows when and where we will be riding. The problem is that there are only 4-5 of us that ride regularly. The thing is.....maybe we can help you. If there is someone who has an interest in riding trials you can tell them that there is a group that rides every Sunday and would be happy to help them learn or they can even come out to watch and just get an idea of what it is really like.

I am really happy with my 2002 Beta but when I am ready for a new bike it will be a Beta and the 300ss would be great.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #96
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNBUG View Post
I do the church thing so don't get out on the Sundays with SCExpat and the group to often, however if you know anyone that wants to but can't make Sundays My wife, daughter and I all ride as well about every other Saturday.

Bikes: Me - Montesa 4RT, Wife - Gas Gas 125 TXT Pro, and daughter Beta Rev 80.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #97
Mud894
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Good Time Good folks

Just wanted to thank everyone in Boise for sharing your riding area with me. Don't hesitate to call if you need a place to stay or want to ride in IF area.

Thanks to Brian, Todd, and Jonny for sharing your time and advice to a rider new to trials. Stopping to adjust my bike is very generous and appreciated.

Sorry about your brake breaking Jonny, catch you next time, and thanks for introducing me to the gang.

Well, now I see what rock riding is all about, maybe I will try a few places around here.

happy trails,

MUD894
Mud894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #98
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud894 View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone in Boise for sharing your riding area with me. Don't hesitate to call if you need a place to stay or want to ride in IF area.

Thanks to Brian, Todd, and Jonny for sharing your time and advice to a rider new to trials. Stopping to adjust my bike is very generous and appreciated.

Sorry about your brake breaking Jonny, catch you next time, and thanks for introducing me to the gang.

Well, now I see what rock riding is all about, maybe I will try a few places around here.

happy trails,

MUD894
Was nice to have meet you and glad the adjustments are working out for you, and have fun with the rocks out there!

Have a new rear brake lever on order so will be back to riding again soon.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #99
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Thumb The Two Headed Dragon.

Had a fun ride on Saturday. Hope your Sunday ride was good.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #100
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

McCall ride

Just great as always.....

Such a beautiful place and challenging sections. Hard not to have a great ride.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #101
rockchuckar
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but not to riding trials in the Boise area. I haven't ridden since I sold my 92 Beta synt in 95. I recently got the bug again and picked up a 06 Sherco. We used to ride the melon gravel right below the damn but I'm sure that's frowned on now. Anyway I'd love to ride with you guys sometime and see where you guys are riding now if that is possible.

Regards,
Jeff
rockchuckar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:08 AM   #102
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchuckar View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but not to riding trials in the Boise area. I haven't ridden since I sold my 92 Beta synt in 95. I recently got the bug again and picked up a 06 Sherco. We used to ride the melon gravel right below the damn but I'm sure that's frowned on now. Anyway I'd love to ride with you guys sometime and see where you guys are riding now if that is possible.

Regards,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Always good to add another rider to our....group. Not quite enough people to call it that but.....
Some of us are heading to Butte for the Whiskey Gulch trials so no one riding this weekend....unless Johnny is riding Saturday. We usually ride Sunday and will be out next Sunday so you can ride both days on the weekend.

Shoot me an email and I'll get you on the ride list.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #103
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchuckar View Post
Hi guys,

Regards,
Jeff
Great to have more riders! I will be doing a family trail/trials ride this weekend so will not be at our usual spot but want to ride the weekend of the 4th. If you get your email to Mike (SCExpat) I will let you know when I am riding in case Saturdays are better days for you.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Jonathon
Old 06-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #104
rockchuckar
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks Mike and Jonathon. I'll look forward to meeting you guys as well.

Mike I sent you a PM with my email address.
rockchuckar is offline   Reply With Quote