Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #3136
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
Or if not lying then demonstrating that THEY didn't/don't understand the complexities involved with launching a new motorcorp.
And if this is the case, this doesn't bode well that the initial bikes will be well-sorted.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #3137
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
Or if not lying then demonstrating that THEY didn't/don't understand the complexities involved with launching a new motorcorp.
If they ever sell anything their service should be amazing.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #3138
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
And if this is the case, this doesn't bode well that the initial bikes will be well-sorted.

- Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
If they ever sell anything their service should be amazing.
Yup. My thoughts exactly. I wish them well, but they seem to have underestimated the task at hand. Several times.
Mobiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #3139
JSharp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadscum View Post
sometimes ya gotta hype it up to arouse the investors and raise funds to pay the principals for a few years until they run out of 'investors' and move on to the next thing.

Paul
fify
Old 03-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #3140
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
Have any of you folks actually tried to mass produce a vehicle for public sale in this country?

The regs you have to meet are insane. Just developing a fuel injection system from scratch is an enormous undertaking.
These fuckers are trying to produce 200 machines. They are exempt from almost every regulation required of a "real" manufacturer like Harley, or Honda, or BMW, etc...

At this point, I'm not sure they're even trying to put bikes on the road. They've probably gotten enough feedback to know that they don't have enough buyers at their asking price, and will be moving on to putting the engine into quads and carts and mini race cars.
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #3141
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,000
I too am starting to doubt this bike will ever actually come to market. In fact, I will be surprised now if it does.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #3142
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
These fuckers are trying to produce 200 machines. They are exempt from almost every regulation required of a "real" manufacturer like Harley, or Honda, or BMW, etc...

At this point, I'm not sure they're even trying to put bikes on the road. They've probably gotten enough feedback to know that they don't have enough buyers at their asking price, and will be moving on to putting the engine into quads and carts and mini race cars.

The Motus guys aren't building the engine, they're having it built for them.So, unless they have the engine sent to them to re-sale ,I don't see how they can make money from the engine.
As far as putting it in quads,carts and mini race cars, unless they do the work , how will they make money from that ?
Building a bike from scratch is a big endevour and they are a small concern. I hope someday to see the bike come to market. But, I'm not holding my breath, I'm not the target anyway.
I'd like to see the motor used. It seems like a nice powerplant, great sound and adequet power for a smaller vehicle. I think it would look lovely sticking out between the front wheels of a Morgan style tadpole trike.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #3143
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
I think it would look lovely sticking out between the front wheels of a Morgan style tadpole trike.
Morgan three wheeler engine needs to be air cooled, don't need no stinking radiator.
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #3144
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,001

Uh, that's a radator behind this V-Twin Matchless. Are you saying this is wrong ? Don't think so , in the day they were built air-cooled and water cooled V-twins and in some models inline 4s.

bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #3145
Colorado_Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
I agree with some recent posts about the difficulty of releasing a bike in the US. Blame the EPA/DOT/what-the-hell-ever-association for not allowing this bike's release, not Motus. I mean, God-forbid an American motorcycle company get off the ground and succeed for fuck's sake
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #3146
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,382
No comment about the Motus, but the Morgan is beautiful. I don't see why it would need to be liquid cooled with the v-twin turned sideways right out front.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #3147
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,459
Can't help but admit that the serially blown deadlines with little explanation give me an uncomfortable inkling about what sort of after-sales service you'd get.

Doesn't mean they won't lift their game, but it's not a good look.

On whether they have missed the bus: reading that ride piece posted this month at motorcycle.com (and linked a couple of pages back) suggests it might be unusual enough to carve out its own niche whenever they get around to delivering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale Bayly via motorcycle.com
The nature of the engine is so unlike most motorcycles I’ve ridden. A Honda ST 1100 has a similar layout, but feels like a neutered donkey at a steeplechase in comparison. The closest I can get to describing the feeling is its similarity to a big Moto Guzzi, although with massive amounts of extra power. If you’ve ever ridden a Guzzi, you’ll be familiar with the way the heavier flywheel continues to spin up for just a brief moment after you let off the throttle, and that’s sort of the sensation you get from the Motus engine as you roll off the gas.
That sort of big-flywheel feel isn't very common these days in that sort of bike and may well put off a lot of potential purchasers. But as Bayly observes, it will distinguish the Motus from its rivals.

The other comment that - sort of - surprised me was Bayly's specifying the ready-to-ride weight at 580lbs (263kg). IIRC, that's about 70lbs heavier than the designers have claimed in the past, and right up there with light-heavyweights such as BMW's K1300GT and Honda's VFR1200. Was Bayly misinformed? Or is this reality seeping slowly through hype?

Edit: hadn't seen this appear on their web page. Looks nice.

Moronic screwed with this post 03-25-2014 at 01:29 AM
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 AM   #3148
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post

Uh, that's a radator behind this V-Twin Matchless. Are you saying this is wrong ? Don't think so , in the day they were built air-cooled and water cooled V-twins and in some models inline 4s.
Yep, I am still saying that the Morgan don't need no stinking radiator. Why complicate things?
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #3149
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,975
Best looking Motus I've seen.....

Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #3150
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,852
anyone else get on their updates mail thing....and not receive a single email or update?
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote