ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #5986
AJay112
AJay112
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
Brought this home Friday. Been wanting one for years. Moving house this year, so decided this is the time.



New Car Mate 6x12' trailer (inside 73" high).

Still have my 3-rail bike trailer, undecided,but I'd like to keep it. My Subaru won't pull the enclosed (but Wifey's car does just fine).
__________________________________________
Nice !

Found a deal on a 6X12 V-nose tandem (electric brakes.) Still undecided, Rebster is down but I need to pay for a tig set-up first. I could ditch the Sportster and just about pay for both... I know how the Regrets Committee (henceforth referred herein as, "The RC")will vote.

The fuel mileage of towing an enclosed is a concern... I am a KLR owner after all... but the new Taco does have the tow package, dual coolers, 7-way round hookup (with under dash brake pig-tail), Class IV receiver etc. Can't really let that goodness go to waste.
__________________
><>
Coming to a Starbucks near you
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #5987
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
Nice !

Found a deal on a 6X12 V-nose tandem (electric brakes.) Still undecided, Rebster is down but I need to pay for a tig set-up first. I could ditch the Sportster and just about pay for both... I know how the Regrets Committee (henceforth referred herein as, "The RC")will vote.

The fuel mileage of towing an enclosed is a concern... I am a KLR owner after all... but the new Taco does have the tow package, dual coolers, 7-way round hookup (with under dash brake pig-tail), Class IV receiver etc. Can't really let that goodness go to waste.
Of course the Sportster goes,any bike that doesnt get mentioned in the 1st 300 pages of a thread,is obviously not the star of the garage.

(The Shriners are usually looking for them though)
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #5988
AJay112
AJay112
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
I had klim make limited edition hemp jerseys and pants with "my farts dont stink" embroidered across the front. I only use free range local organic gas and oil in all my bikes as well, and my helmet is composed of the most pure of intentions generating from the perfect alignment of my chakras along with a spritz of the ball sweat of the most devout himalayn monks that only live above 20k feet.

I was scouting, as Im still a dirt learner I was riding the steep and rocky "more difficult" blues and wanted to see what the "most difficult" blacks were all about. Steeper and rockier from what I gathered while tumbling. Im usually an ace at falling as i perform that trick regular, but for some reason my hands thought this would be a good time to try and break my fall. It was not.
No mention of what crystal you were wearing... did you damage your I-phone in the tumble ?
__________________
><>
Coming to a Starbucks near you
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #5989
wizz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: over yonder on the north coast of ca
Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
No mention of what crystal you were wearing... did you damage your I-phone in the tumble ?
Just a lowly 3inch Arkansas quartz crystal. Not near enough energetic resonance to ward of the spirits that inhabit OHVs. It was an Ipad, thank you very much, mounted right in front of my face on a modified harmonica mount. I was uptdating facebook with pics of mount shasta's aura at the time.
__________________
"These things are like intellectual viruses loose in the theater of discourse, and you canít really argue with these people, because they donít understand the rules of argument," Terence Mckenna
"An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far"WSP
2006DucatiMultistrada620, 2013 KTM 350 exc-f
wizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #5990
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,638
Mwahaha!!

Old burnt clutch plate vs. new clutch plate.



New plates in. She runs like a champ and actually moves under her own power again

__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #5991
AJay112
AJay112
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Mwahaha!!

Old burnt clutch plate vs. new clutch plate.
New plates in. She runs like a champ and actually moves under her own power again
I'm all about motorcycles... more so than most, but is this REALLY the right place to be posting stuff like this K-man ?
__________________
><>
Coming to a Starbucks near you
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #5992
AJay112
AJay112
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Just a lowly 3inch Arkansas quartz crystal. Not near enough energetic resonance to ward of the spirits that inhabit OHVs. It was an Ipad, thank you very much, mounted right in front of my face on a modified harmonica mount. I was uptdating facebook with pics of mount shasta's aura at the time.
You're probably just overdue for a detox... date of last kelp wrap?
__________________
><>
Coming to a Starbucks near you
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #5993
wizz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: over yonder on the north coast of ca
Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
You're probably just overdue for a detox... date of last kelp wrap?
Well, I was handling western rattlers and soeaking in tounges, and soaking in a big steamy tub of cow shit ayervedic style before the ride. Even tebowed before I got on the bike. The kelp wrap must have been whats missing.
__________________
"These things are like intellectual viruses loose in the theater of discourse, and you canít really argue with these people, because they donít understand the rules of argument," Terence Mckenna
"An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far"WSP
2006DucatiMultistrada620, 2013 KTM 350 exc-f
wizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #5994
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
I'm all about motorcycles... more so than most, but is this REALLY the right place to be posting stuff like this K-man ?
Sorry. D-tox and kelp. Got it.

I went to the gym today. Got a good lift in, then soaked in the hot tub for a while before going on about my day.
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #5995
montesa_vr
Legend in his own mind
 
montesa_vr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
A video of each section from yesterday's trials event.

Interesting. Your brakes are louder than your engine. Some of those sections looked like they would have been impossible with a few drops of rain.

I had a TL250 in 1975. It would do fourth gear stand up wheelies for a mile, but actual trials type maneuvers remained completely beyond me.
__________________

"I am used to people like you who like to hide on the internet" -- tHEtREV

Hiding on the internet since 2006!
montesa_vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #5996
AJay112
AJay112
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Sorry. D-tox and kelp. Got it.

I went to the gym today. Got a good lift in, then soaked in the hot tub for a while before going on about my day.

I see what you did there.

TOTALLY OT, but did you soak those friction plates in oil prior to install ?
__________________
><>
Coming to a Starbucks near you
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #5997
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
I see what you did there.

TOTALLY OT, but did you soak those friction plates in oil prior to install ?
Yes, I did. I was taking pretty pictures for a writeup I'm going to do for the wrr website, so I put them in there dry just for that one photo.
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #5998
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by montesa_vr View Post
Interesting. Your brakes are louder than your engine. Some of those sections looked like they would have been impossible with a few drops of rain.

I had a TL250 in 1975. It would do fourth gear stand up wheelies for a mile, but actual trials type maneuvers remained completely beyond me.
The brakes only squeaked on the sections following a mud hole, which there were plenty of. It was messy
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #5999
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Yes, I did. I was taking pretty pictures for a writeup I'm going to do for the wrr website, so I put them in there dry just for that one photo.
Hoh Jeeze,how will the sparkly rainbow helium filled unicorn oriented WRR faithful take news of a WRR fallacy?
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #6000
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Hoh Jeeze,how will the sparkly rainbow helium filled unicorn oriented WRR faithful take news of a WRR fallacy?
They're all up in arms about it on the big WRR thread. Ugh. The lengths I go through for these people. I'm going to have to edit the writeup I did when I get home tonight and include the wet pictures.
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014