Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #20296
QDogg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
One of these kids is doing his own thing...
Old 03-24-2014, 12:53 AM   #20297
pigjockey
Hognuts

Oddometer: 342
I'm sorry, couldn't help it................ but but it reminds me of momma's innerds seeing it once was enough.

pigjockey screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 01:01 AM
pigjockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #20298
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,052
Nobody in his right mind would steal it!
So who will be first to teabag it & post proof??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report

Trl Rdr screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 01:48 AM
Trl Rdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #20299
lemanster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post
I couldn't help myself but get her dressed up and take some photos on this sunny morning:

Interesting, That Braking rotor looks exactly like the oversized Galfer rotor on my CR. In fact I thought it was the Galfer rotor, and mentioned it in a post. My mistake. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from Braking Italy. It looks different from the other pics of the Braking oversized rotors I've seen, including the pic on the XR650R.Co.UK website. Either way, its a trick looking unit!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #20300
pigjockey
Hognuts

Oddometer: 342
[QUOTE=Trl Rdr;23765158]ONobody in his right mind would steal it!
So who will be first to teabag it & post proof??

yer a lil late. Can't you see the guy dressed up as a luggage rack and case on the back just a TEABAGGIN away, must be Halloween there.
pigjockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #20301
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildus View Post
A furry pig...it just ain't natural.

Gone feral.
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #20302
pandamanprod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Fueling / Flooding?

Is it common for the carb to flood if you fill the tank with your petcock on? Twice this weekend (each time directly after filling up the tank) I had massive issues starting the bike, the first time I was just chalking it up to bad luck, the 2nd I new it had to be something, and as soon as I turned the petcock off, and cycled the motor a few times, it fired to life, (even with the petcock off) while it was running I just switched it to on and it was good to go. Any ideas here?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #20303
TR562
Banned

Oddometer: 34
Love my pig, I'll never disrespect it with a luggage rack, jk Lucky to each his own I guess.

TR562 screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 11:05 AM
TR562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #20304
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 646
Hey boys,
I hit up Rigecrest ca last week. Here is a funny little ride report.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post23726767

BigNastybrp screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 12:25 PM
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #20305
SpeedoJosh
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto666 View Post
Fricken wow! I don't think anyone should be allowed to ride that, except me. Oh, and the super model is missing? She is supposed to be installed somewhere on that bike.
I don't think anybody could ride it in that form. Missing a couple important pieces.

On a side note, Lostsaffa is that a lowering link?
'Cause I like to party - Story of 2 XR650s conquering Florida
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754094
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #20306
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamanprod View Post
Is it common for the carb to flood if you fill the tank with your petcock on? Twice this weekend (each time directly after filling up the tank) I had massive issues starting the bike, the first time I was just chalking it up to bad luck, the 2nd I new it had to be something, and as soon as I turned the petcock off, and cycled the motor a few times, it fired to life, (even with the petcock off) while it was running I just switched it to on and it was good to go. Any ideas here?
I'm not a carb doctor; but I did watch one in action last night. My floats on stock carb where sticking. At first, I thought it was the tang. Adjusted the tang several times, didn't work. Carb kept over flowing. My friend comes over and pulls the float looks around feels the float up and down several times, pushing it up against the float needle, Rubs the bowl, and discovers the floats are sticking. So, out comes some sand paper, and off comes a tad of float fat. Float doesn't stick no more. I was having a problem with my bike taking a leak as soon as the bowl was full from turning on the gas. Not saying this will work for you, but it worked for my stock carb. Good-luck. Might not want to take my advice some say my bike looks gay, and like their mothers innards, and it needs a wax job.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #20307
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
[QUOTE=luckychucky;23769069]I'm not a carb doctor; but I did watch one in action last night. My floats on stock carb where sticking. At first, I thought it was the tang. Adjusted the tang several times, didn't work. Carb kept over flowing. My friend comes over and pulls the float looks around feels the float up and down several times, pushing it up against the float needle, Rubs the bowl, and discovers the floats are sticking. So, out comes some sand paper, and off comes a tad of float fat. Float doesn't stick no more. I was having a problem with my bike taking a leak as soon as the bowl was full from turning on the gas. Not saying this will work for you, but it worked for my stock carb. Good-luck. Might not want to take my advice some say my bike looks gay, and like their mothers innards, and it needs a wax job.

discovers the floats are sticking -
Always difficult knowing what previous owners have done to a bike however I'd pay carefull attention to condition of the float ie: are the floats actually parallel and have not been distorted as some I've seen in the past had their arms bent in an effort to fix some issue.
May help taking the float off and dropping it in a container of fuel to see how it behaves.

some say my bike looks gay, and like their mothers innards, and it needs a wax job -
It's simply a matter of what works for you, looking at your pic's I must admit the thought came to mind - why didn't he buy a DR/KLR? Guessing whats available may have had something to do whith your decision. The XR is at it's best unladen and at speed, loading it up puts a different dimension on how it feels and performs.
That said, you appear to be getting more rides on the XR than many of us have time to do, so enjoy the old girl however you chose to dress her up and ride (no pun intended).

Looking at your bars I'm guessing you must be about 5'20" tall

JM-2008
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #20308
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
On a side note, Lostsaffa is that a lowering link?
Nope, that's standard linkage but the CR500/XR650R hybrid shock is longer than then OEM one so it exposes more of the linkage when when fully depressed (ie. on the stand)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #20309
Jayrod1318
Poster

Oddometer: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
I'm not a carb doctor; but I did watch one in action last night. My floats on stock carb where sticking. At first, I thought it was the tang. Adjusted the tang several times, didn't work. Carb kept over flowing. My friend comes over and pulls the float looks around feels the float up and down several times, pushing it up against the float needle, Rubs the bowl, and discovers the floats are sticking. So, out comes some sand paper, and off comes a tad of float fat. Float doesn't stick no more. I was having a problem with my bike taking a leak as soon as the bowl was full from turning on the gas. Not saying this will work for you, but it worked for my stock carb. Good-luck. Might not want to take my advice some say my bike looks gay, and like their mothers innards, and it needs a wax job.
I will admit the site of your bike is.. Stunning. But it's your ride. I've seen far worse abominations. Haha

Fuck em' if they can't handle it!

Jayrod
Old 03-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #20310
pavemike
I fall down alot

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
and like their mothers innards, it needs a wax job.