Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
gotadrnow OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Pissed 2007 xt225-Can i still get parts?

Can i still order parts from yamaha? ... I have been reading around and could have swore i saw someone say from the start of time to 2007 they're discontinued.... I just bought a 07 the other day you gotta be joking me, someone please tell me different!!!!! i couldn't wait till tomorrow to call , i have to ask someone now...
gotadrnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
beerbuzz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Check bike bandit or rocky mountain ATV, many others out there and each offer Yamaha parts with factory diagrams and part numbers. Google will take you far... most likely better prices than directly through yamaha. If iI can still order an intake boot for my 87 yfm250 I think you'll be fine.
99 TTR225
beerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #3
gotadrnow OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah I know i can get most parts but i was just worried about trying to get a cylinder head etc, as this happened to me recently with a 91 dr650 dual sport(cylinder head).... i guess I'm just double checking..was just curious about some main parts ...

gotadrnow screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 02:23 AM
Old 03-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
gotadrnow OP
Gnarly Adventurer

i called about the head and piston they said its on back order and wouldnt know unless i tried to order it foreal.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotadrnow View Post
i called about the head and piston they said its on back order and wouldnt know unless i tried to order it foreal.
Reading "around" is not the same as facts,your worrying about nothing .
Old 03-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #6
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,487
^ what he said
Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,847
That bike has been around forever in one form or another. Yes Yamaha doesn't make new ones anymore but any part should not be a problem for an 07 for a number of years yet.

I bet you had problems finding a head for a 91 DR. The pre 96 ones were made in very low production numbers and long obsolete.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
Proveick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Check Ebay Germany and Europe. (Google will translate for you)
Finding parts for my '93 XT600e there.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotadrnow View Post
Can i still order parts from yamaha? ... I have been reading around and could have swore i saw someone say from the start of time to 2007 they're discontinued.... I just bought a 07 the other day you gotta be joking me, someone please tell me different!!!!! i couldn't wait till tomorrow to call , i have to ask someone now...
If Yamaha, Old Bike Barn, Bike Bandit, Ron Ayers, Ebay, Search Tempest, a parts-breaker, or some other internet vendor can't get it for you, you might have to wait a while for one to pop up...or for somebody to respond to a want ad that you post around on the interwebs. I usually find what I need for my '89 YX600 by the time I've gotten to the 3rd vendor I try of the ones I listed above.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
rpcraft
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Check RonAyers.com to get a feel for parts availability. They are a huge distributor and frequently they have been the last resource for parts in the country on some of my other older bikes. They have a parts fiche for all the typical bikes so you can get part #'s and google around as well. FWIW, 2007 was the last year for the XT225, then it skipped a year and they started with the XT250 in 2009. It had a rear disc brake starting in 2010... Aside from the obvious displacement increase there were some minor improvements, but the XT was a solid bike for like 10+ years and there were little to no changes in those years. There are plenty of sources for New parts, but they can be a little pricey.
rpcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #11
gotadrnow OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
That bike has been around forever in one form or another. Yes Yamaha doesn't make new ones anymore but any part should not be a problem for an 07 for a number of years yet.

I bet you had problems finding a head for a 91 DR. The pre 96 ones were made in very low production numbers and long obsolete.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
gotadrnow OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah that is good to hear thanks guys...
Old 04-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,642
I have both a '94 and an '01 XT225, and all the parts are still available, with one exception. The black plastic "coasting enrichener" cover on the carb. I found a couple of new ones on ebay and bought them both. I avoid dealers, all they want to do is sell you a new bike. I use bikebandit.com and cheapcycleparts.com. Shipping but no tax.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote