Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 AM   #241
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Nice!

Is that reg paint or PC on frame?

Did you paint the Tarozzi sets of did you get them like that? They look better than typical set, not stamped steel. Where'd you source?

(apologies if these already answered in thread)

It's 2 pack paint as I heard powder coating frames can can the powder coat to crack... Looks a treaty either way!

The rear sets are as they come out of the box and they also look great as is. Sourced from Edgar at flat racer.
violetpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:53 AM   #242
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
A little bit or work has taken place. I have got the heads, pistons and barrels back from service. Heads came up like brand new and the barrels have been honed and new rings on the pistons.

All together and looking good... Doing some final cleaning and I will send the last items for paint (engine, gearbox, final drive and possible the front end) in the next few days

In the mean time, I have been looking at a few options to keep the heat down under the seat with the way the exhaust system is going to run so I have found some heat shielding with an adhesive backing. I may also add a layer of Mishimoto tape after this.

I have been invited to display the bike at a local show here in Sydney, Australia on the 10th of may so it is going to be a mad scramble to the get the bike sorted and many late nights ahead. I enjoy the pressure.
violetpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:07 AM   #243
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
So, what's going on in the new shop?
Any more update, please!

VietHorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #244
Mobius1
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Greetings

Greetings all. Violetpop, Compliments on your beautiful build. My first post here (didn't see an intro page). I recently received a commision to build an r/65 mono which is why I am so interested in your build, and how I came to find it here. Interestingly, my client imported his bike from Australia. They are rare here in the US. I am compelled to write because of the linkage for your rear brake. There will be pronounced motion of the brake pedal as the suspension travels through its range. You can see this for yourself if you support the bike (like it was on a center stand), remove the shock and move the swing arm up and down. When you do, you will see the brake pedal move also. I know this has already been commented on, but there is possibility of a serious safety issue - even if you do not use the brake. Most mechanical systems come stock with an adjustable stop that determines how high the pedal is when not depressed. The brake is then adjusted to for the desired travel. If your setup has such a stop, it is possible that the brake will be engaged, maybe strongly, when the suspension is sufficiently compressed. At the least, the pedal will oscillate in sympathy with the suspension motion, causing it to be rather hard to use. The stock set up does not have this problem (actually it does, just so negligible it becomes unimportant) because of the location where the pull rod (push rod in your case) is actuated from. The pull point must be as close to the swing arm pivot point and on a line between that pivot and brake lever arm pivot as possible. If it is close enough, the kinematic issue is too small to be a problem. I would like to add, that using that long rod in compression, while it can be engineered to work safely, is generally not the best idea. Imagine you really stomped on the pedal for some reason (or if it struck something). Could it collapse and bend into the rotating components? Not trying to be a doomsayer here, and please don't take any of this as criticism. It is possible the arm is plenty strong, and the oscillation will be merely annoying, but I would hate to have a brother motorcyclist possibly get hurt and have said nothing. Again, love your build and am inspired anticipating delivery of of the beemer - my next victim! - as soon as it clears customs!

cheers

Mobius1 screwed with this post 03-30-2014 at 05:52 PM
Mobius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #245
digga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
any updates Tony?

will it be ready for a DGR??

Sex - the price women pay for Marriage.
Marriage - the price men pay for Sex !
digga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:00 AM   #246
ailgev
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi Mate,
New to the forum. Can you let me know who did your sub frame fabrication?
ailgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #247
princessofwow
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Wow late on this thread but what an incredible build so far, love your work and the attention to detail and time devoted, who ever fab'd your subby deserves a medal.
I currently have an '86 mono down here in melbourne and this is very inspiring to get some work done, keen for more updates.
princessofwow is offline   Reply With Quote