ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #256
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: ANKENY, IOWA
Oddometer: 224
Just got it the way I want it...........which means I will probably sell it.

CBR/VFR 6 spoke wheels with wave rotors and new PR2's
CBR signals
Renthal road high bars with Vibranators.
Black calipers (I REALLY hate gold on bikes).
Aprilia mirrors with extenders.
Corbin seat ready to go on in the garage and a smoked Honda OE screen that should be here in a week or so.

I overlooked this bike for years because the "testers" talked about vibs, which I've had problems with in the past on other bikes. Let me tell you, I had NO problems with the stock bars and weights. Now with the Renthals, BB's in the clamp area, and Vibranators it is the SMOOTHEST bike that I have owned.

A little dirty, but it has been a LONG winter.......






PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #257
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer
 
ohgood's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: alabama
Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Smitty908, it looks absolutely amazing!
Love the color and great choice of crap to put on it!

Just the exhausts seem too big/bulky to me, could be the pictures,
I really like how the stock exhausts on 919 fit in the rear, and I'd leave
the rear end (licence plate holder) stock too for a more stock look.

Great stuff!
Is the pictures, in person they almost disappear when the rest of the bike is in view. And they're quiet, stealthy like until it's revved..... Then IT disappears !
__________________
Donkeys are flying
ohgood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #258
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Colorado_Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Failville, CO
Oddometer: 1,066
Super nice Paul!

I rode mine to work this morning, the 919 always amazes me at what a great street bike it is, especially when I haven't ridden for a while.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #259
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,785
Beautiful 919 PAULIBIKER, I just think the front rotors fit the styling of the
bike, I would have kept something more traditional (preferably stock).
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 PM   #260
Akronorka
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Akron, OH
Oddometer: 40
Love my 919 dearly. This is the beginning of my fifth season, and as far as I can recall this is the first spring I haven't been jonesing to find a new ride for the summer. After a couple 600's I was itching for the liter-bike super sport upgrade last year, and my cbr1000rr just wasn't for me in the end. Turns out I like accessible and predictable torque and a upright seat/bars. It's also my girls favorite bike to ride pillion on (FZ6R & CBR)

day i got it last year, 02 with just barely over 4k miles



after a little honing



preparing for touring duty!



and a couple of hours ago!

Akronorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #261
kingrex
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akronorka View Post
Love my 919 dearly. This is the beginning of my fifth season, and as far as I can recall this is the first spring I haven't been jonesing to find a new ride for the summer. After a couple 600's I was itching for the liter-bike super sport upgrade last year, and my cbr1000rr just wasn't for me in the end. Turns out I like accessible and predictable torque and a upright seat/bars. It's also my girls favorite bike to ride pillion on (FZ6R & CBR)

day i got it last year, 02 with just barely over 4k miles



after a little honing



preparing for touring duty!



and a couple of hours ago!

I don't know about ya'll but that last picture leaves me a little speechless.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #262
Akronorka
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Akron, OH
Oddometer: 40
Did I mention she loves riding pillion for 300 mile back road day trips? I'm one lucky SOB.
Akronorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #263
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: ANKENY, IOWA
Oddometer: 224
Anybody want to trade their MIVV X-cones for my Corbin seat?
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #264
Siper2
Slowpoke
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Oddometer: 60
Thumb

First post!

I'm quite in love with the 919, it may well end up being my second bike. Bought my first one, a '94 Yamaha Seca II, last year. Excellent condition, runs great but at its age and style, it's not a long-term exciting bike. I may keep it, I may sell it, not sure yet. I'm 37 and want something with decent power but not too crazy, and the 919 looks like winner so far.
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #265
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: ANKENY, IOWA
Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siper2 View Post
First post!

I'm quite in love with the 919, it may well end up being my second bike. Bought my first one, a '94 Yamaha Seca II, last year. Excellent condition, runs great but at its age and style, it's not a long-term exciting bike. I may keep it, I may sell it, not sure yet. I'm 37 and want something with decent power but not too crazy, and the 919 looks like winner so far.
I owned two Seca II's........great little bikes. Love the simplicity of them.
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #266
Siper2
Slowpoke
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Oddometer: 60
Nice. :) Yeah so far so good; well I dumped it on the first day (d'oh!) but it was ~5mph right in front of my house. A little early humility. ;)

Bike's been great so far, even started right up after winter with no problems at all. I get a monster amount of bar buzz though, I either need a bar snake or gel gloves or a new bar altogether, it's very bad.
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #267
Siper2
Slowpoke
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Oddometer: 60
Here 'tis.

Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #268
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: ANKENY, IOWA
Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siper2 View Post
Nice. :) Yeah so far so good; well I dumped it on the first day (d'oh!) but it was ~5mph right in front of my house. A little early humility. ;)

Bike's been great so far, even started right up after winter with no problems at all. I get a monster amount of bar buzz though, I either need a bar snake or gel gloves or a new bar altogether, it's very bad.

sync the carbs if it hasn't been done..........it will make a difference.

I don't remember mind being that bad.
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #269
Siper2
Slowpoke
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Oddometer: 60
Hmm I've no idea how to do that, not sure if it's something I could handle or not. I'll have to look it up, there may be a DIY on XJRider. If not, then I could always have a dealer do it.

Thanks for the tip! Yeah my bars buzz like crazy, my right wrist in particular gets numb within 10 minutes.
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #270
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer
 
Jnich77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando Fl
Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siper2 View Post
Hmm I've no idea how to do that, not sure if it's something I could handle or not. I'll have to look it up, there may be a DIY on XJRider. If not, then I could always have a dealer do it.

Thanks for the tip! Yeah my bars buzz like crazy, my right wrist in particular gets numb within 10 minutes.

On some bikes a set of Renthal bars help out.

Also, seems kind of simple, but how is the chain and sprockets? If they are work, dirty, or a link is stuck it will vibrate like crazy.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014