Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #6886
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
BioShock, 2 and Infinite for $11.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOD0TZG
Dayum! Smoooookin' deal. I think I paid $30 just for Infinite. Got it on disc though

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #6887
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
If you can hold out a little bit longer the Maxwell GPU's will be faster and way lower in watts used so you can either go to a higher level with your current PSU, or have less of a space heater because 2 560 TI's must be putting out a good number of BTU's along with the TFLOPs.
I'm in ho hurry to upgrade my video cards. They've got a few years left in them to still be considered fast. I've played Borderdlands 2 a bit and it's cranked as well. No issues at 60fps. I'm sure Arma 3 is 26-30 fps but that's normal. I'll probably wait till the next generation cards are out. I'm assuming that will probably be the 800 series.

I run a 850w PSU so power isn't an issue and it's energy efficient. Heat isn't really an issue either. I'm water cooled and run 4 200mm fans.

Jeffy screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 05:25 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #6888
focallength
You're Welcome

Oddometer: 4,734
so I purchased the witcher through steam for $10, its the enhanced edition...whatever that means, I never played the original so the enhanced wont be anything different for me. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, ill try it out tonight. Most reviews are overwhelmingly positive, so I hope it lives up to the hype.

Im interested in the cdprojektred company as they are working on cyberpunk, and they made this game, so this will be my first immersion with their games.
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #6889
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,581
Does anyone want a copy of Offspring Fling on Steam? I've got an extra one thanks to a humble bundle.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #6890
mngl1500
[]

Oddometer: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
so I purchased the witcher through steam for $10, its the enhanced edition...whatever that means, I never played the original so the enhanced wont be anything different for me. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, ill try it out tonight. Most reviews are overwhelmingly positive, so I hope it lives up to the hype.

Im interested in the cdprojektred company as they are working on cyberpunk, and they made this game, so this will be my first immersion with their games.
Witcher 2 is also out and they are working on Witcher 3. They changed the combat system a lot in Witcher 2.
mngl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #6891
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

I've only played 2 levels but I'm loving the idea/aesthetics of Type:Rider

Think Limbo style graphics but with a typography theme! Alright that might not get you guys as excited as me but hell I'm a designer so seeing this on the humble bundle was and

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #6892
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Amazon has their streaming box coming out for 99 bucks, and for 40 bucks more they've got an xbox style controller to make it a game system.

Specs are a 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Krait 300 CPU, Qualcomm Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB of RAM so that's all nice, but only 8 GB of storage so not much room for games on the thing.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:50 AM   #6893
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,714
Quote:
Specs are a 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Krait 300 CPU, Qualcomm Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB of RAM so that's all nice, but only 8 GB of storage so not much room for games on the thing.
Amazon probably expects that games will be streamed on demand like everything else for the unit.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #6894
jstcrashnthru
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 1,212
I was looking into ordering one of these. But it doesnt give you access to the Google Play store. So you won't be able to get everything that's available for Android. Just what Amazon decides to offer. There are several channels on my Roku that aren't available on the Fire TV yet. From some of the early reviews I've seen, the search function doesn't seem to work as well the one on my Roku. My Roku will list every channel that whatever you're searching for is available on. So I think I'm going to wait a bit and see how it shapes up. It could be a really awesome streaming media box. But Amazon kinda likes to keep everything under their control.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #6895
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcrashnthru View Post
I was looking into ordering one of these. But it doesnt give you access to the Google Play store. So you won't be able to get everything that's available for Android. Just what Amazon decides to offer. There are several channels on my Roku that aren't available on the Fire TV yet. From some of the early reviews I've seen, the search function doesn't seem to work as well the one on my Roku. My Roku will list every channel that whatever you're searching for is available on. So I think I'm going to wait a bit and see how it shapes up. It could be a really awesome streaming media box. But Amazon kinda likes to keep everything under their control.
A friend ofine has a kindle fire, and she is forever complaining about the lag in releasing games and updates.

Sent from my handheld universal data mining enabler
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #6896
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
Amazon probably expects that games will be streamed on demand like everything else for the unit.
They probably do have the server farms to do it, Sony and NVIDIA are both trying this out.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #6897
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Just found a trailer and the games (graphically) look pretty good:

Not next gen level, more like 360/PS3-ish.

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 04-03-2014 at 02:48 PM
Old 04-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #6898
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,714
Quote:
They probably do have the server farms to do it, Sony and NVIDIA are both trying this out.
Considering some of the job openings Amazon has available I would agree. Some pretty cool distributed problems are being solved in the background that most folks never see.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #6899
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Just got a 5 star kill on the final boss of Final Fantasy 13

Yeah it was linear but damn that was a good game and I got my <10 dollars worth with 47 hours 49 minutes of plat time over 4 months

Old 04-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #6900
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,522
Quote:
Amazon has their streaming box coming out for 99 bucks, and for 40 bucks more they've got an xbox style controller to make it a game system.

I think my phone is more powerful and it was free.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: