User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #6901
Chuck289
Air cooled

Oddometer: 2,233
New Asteroid Redirect mission is availble for Kerbal Space Program. The new more powerful engines and fuel tanks are awesome!

Old 04-05-2014, 04:32 AM   #6902
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,346

You can now play as predator on the new map pack released on COD Ghosts.

I have got him a couple times. It is a lot of fun. If you hold still, you go invisible. Also when you die, he goes into last stand and activates his nuke and destroys the entire other team.

liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #6903
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,505
Titanfall is out for the 360:

In a comparison like this it looks like shit but it would be fine to play. The downside is supposedly there is no complete install option so you need to run part off the disc drive which at least on mine is annoyingly loud.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #6904
jersey jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post

You can now play as predator on the new map pack released on COD Ghosts.

I have got him a couple times. It is a lot of fun. If you hold still, you go invisible. Also when you die, he goes into last stand and activates his nuke and destroys the entire other team.

It's pretty damn cool. First one I got I shot a guy in the back with a shotgun and stole it, made it extra sweet.

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #6905
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
Been thinking about building a nanoPC for indie games. AMD's new 'low-fi' platform is pretty darn cheap.

I wish I could replace my fullsize desktop, but I'm rather finance-constrained. OTOH I really need to dump my ancient WinXP-running Barton (especially since MS dropped WinXP support just this week). Even a nanoPC would be a marked improvement.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #6906
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
Been thinking about building a nanoPC for indie games. AMD's new 'low-fi' platform is pretty darn cheap.

I wish I could replace my fullsize desktop, but I'm rather finance-constrained. OTOH I really need to dump my ancient WinXP-running Barton (especially since MS dropped WinXP support just this week). Even a nanoPC would be a marked improvement.
I'd look into the Baytrail atom tablets, they seem to do fine with indie games and can run AAA titles though on low graphics. But we're talking 250 and it would be mobile as well. The only question is if they have an HDMI output.

If they come out with baytrail micro PC's like they did with the old atom processors it'll be under 200.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 04-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #6907
mngl1500
[]

Oddometer: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I'd look into the Baytrail atom tablets, they seem to do fine with indie games and can run AAA titles though on low graphics. But we're talking 250 and it would be mobile as well. The only question is if they have an HDMI output.

If they come out with baytrail micro PC's like they did with the old atom processors it'll be under 200.
You can do video out with usb adapters or the Toshiba tablet with bay trail has real video out but costs more than the Dell one (and does not have the active pen for hand writing.

Plugable put a demo together of a Dell Venue 8 Pro running quad monitors.

mngl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #6908
DrunkWombat
GS and Proud

Oddometer: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck289 View Post
New Asteroid Redirect mission is availble for Kerbal Space Program. The new more powerful engines and fuel tanks are awesome!

Kerbal is bloody great innit? Been a junkie for months.

So odd for the aim of the game to be NOT blowing things up!

(Plenty still gets blown to bits with my builds. I always get it right the tenth...teenth...time!)

DrunkWombat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:09 AM   #6909
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
They have. Unfortunately they're soldered (no swapping) and slightly weaker on average than the AMD equivalent. In the Tom's Hardware review, the J1900 Celeron (BayTrail-D) is generally slower than the Athlon 5350. Also, BayTrail-D embedded solutions have slightly fewer connectors (USB, SATA, PCIx, sound).
Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #6910
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
They have. Unfortunately they're soldered (no swapping) and slightly weaker on average than the AMD equivalent. In the Tom's Hardware review, the J1900 Celeron (BayTrail-D) is generally slower than the Athlon 5350. Also, BayTrail-D embedded solutions have slightly fewer connectors (USB, SATA, PCIx, sound).
Nice, I wonder what the requirements will be for in home streaming when steam takes it out of beta because a cheap computer like these would be great, especially if it's cross platform and you can stream from a windows computer to a Linux box (or steam OS) made with one of these boards.

Scratch that, it looks like it runs between OS's just fine:

Quote:
Valve wants to expand enthusiast PC gaming beyond the desktop, bringing the Steam platform into the living room and beyond. We've already seen the initial line-up of Linux-driven Steam Machines, but the Valve initiative does not end there: imagine being able to stream gameplay from your PC to anywhere in the home, including a living room-based $99 Steam Machine. It's an exciting concept that's actually exceptionally well executed - and if you're one of the lucky ones, you may already have access to the technology.

The recent release of the in-home streaming beta opened up the technology to thousands of Steam users. To see if you're already in, simply go to the settings area of your account and if you see an in-home streaming option, you're ready to go. Alternatively, you may need to opt into the Steam beta program to boost your chances of gaining access, while installing SteamOS onto one of your PCs may increase your likelihood of gaining access still further. Joining the beta group itself probably won't harm your chances either.

Set-up is remarkably straightforward. Simply have your Steam client open on your games PC, and then login to the same account on a second PC. In the in-home streaming tab, both systems should be able to see each other across the network, with the installed games on both computers perfectly mirrored. Simply click on the game and rather than seeing a "play" option, instead there's a "stream" selectable. Press the button and away you go.

In our initial tests, we didn't make it easy for the home streaming system. Our games PC is located in a converted out-building, connected to the router in a completely separate building via powerline adaptors. To make things even more challenging for the system, our client hardware - a 2012 MacBook Air running OSX Mavericks - is connected to the router via WiFi. So, a non-standard network set-up, entirely different operating systems, plus the vagaries of wireless transmission to add to the mix too.

And yet there we were, playing Tomb Raider at ultimate settings at the highest resolution possible on the Apple laptop - 1440x810, downscaled from 1080p on the host system. A quick press of the F6 button brings up a wealth of debug data that tells you everything you need to know - resolution, frame-rate, latency at all stages in the pipeline (graphed for you to boot), bandwidth utilisation, and network consistency. Dipping into the settings, we ramped up bandwidth to the max, and increased frame-rate to 60fps. It still worked, it was still highly playable, it was one of those moments where the sheer scale of the technological achievement starts to become apparent.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...home-streaming

Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #6911
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Wow, cool stuff...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:58 AM   #6912
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

GOG.com is currently hosting one of their special interactive sales. It's a Battle of the Bands type thing, where users vote for game bundles. The winners get the full 75% deduction, while the vanquished get 60% off.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #6913
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Also, this:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/grea...w-spec-systems

Edit: And this:

http://www.lowspecgaming.com/

UnderNewOwnership screwed with this post 04-17-2014 at 02:39 AM
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #6914
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,032
Is anyone playing Elder Scrolls Online? I have the digital download version and don't seem to have a manual. Are there such a thing as Inns where you can get rest XP?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #6915
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,994
Well, I finished Dishonored. I think I only killed two people in the whole game. There were a lot of options to kill others but I refrained. This in some ways makes the game easier but harder in others. Having to look at patterns and a lot of waiting vs barreling though. Towards the end I lost the use of the Sleep darts which made thing much harder though I could probably run through the game using stealth and getting no kills or alarms now that I've gone though it once. Overall, I liked it a lot but it was short. There's an expansion but it doesn't look like it adds much of anything to the main storyline.

I think I might start Black Flag next.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: