ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #3181
PNWRR
Carlos Anger

Oddometer: 803
Where to Meet ADV Riders - South Sound

PNWRR screwed with this post 03-10-2014 at 07:35 AM
PNWRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #3182
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewiz View Post
Last 2 years I've ridden less and less. Would like to get out more and be a little sociable And ride more often. Have a KLR 650 and 1200RT that just aren't getting the attention they deserve.
Gonna try and check out the next Olympia Street Riders if I can find out when it happens in time.

So are there others in the greater Olympia area that meet this time of year too?
Wirewiz,
We ride the second Saturday of the month all year around. The only thing that stops us is dangerous levels of snow or ice. You are welcome to join us any time.
Yesterday we rode Mason County back roads and then up to Lake Cushman. I later split off to check out the Skokomish flooding. As of the afternoon, I'd seen it much worse. We had a wet but entertaining time.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #3183
Wirewiz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Thumb Thank You!

Thanks Gootch!
Reminders is set for 4/12 Saturday. 9:00 AM at Haggans... Or does the location change?
Wirewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:19 AM   #3184
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Gootch!
Reminders is set for 4/12 Saturday. 9:00 AM at Haggans... Or does the location change?
Location and starting times change based upon conditions and destination. I'll keep you apprised.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #3185
Mrktm118
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjeff View Post
Another great Tacoma place would be the Harmon Tap Room. Big Room in the back for the winter & nice beer garden in the spring/summer. The head brewer rides a 990.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
That would be a great place to stop in at! Hopefully get a few people to meet on every other wednesday, just not the 2nd or 4th one of the month. Maybe do a short ride after a meet up? Great food there also!
Mrktm118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #3186
Wirewiz
Adventurer

Where is the Ride going this Saturday Gootch?

Checking in Gootch, any thing set up for this Saturday yet.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #3187
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Checking in Gootch, any thing set up for this Saturday yet.
It looks like the ride will be up to Port Townsend from Shelton via 101 and as many side roads as can be found (which in some areas is none). At this point, the meeting place is Urraco coffee shop (628 West Cota Street, Shelton, WA 98584). It will likely be at 10 - I'll let you if they move it earlier.

I'm riding an overnighter this weekend with a different group so I won't be there but the guys always welcome anybody who enjoys riding and doesn't try to crash the other riders.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #3188
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Wirewiz and anyone else looking for a little pavement riding - the Oly group is meeting at Urraco at 9:30 to actually be able to depart Shelton at 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch View Post
It looks like the ride will be up to Port Townsend from Shelton via 101 and as many side roads as can be found (which in some areas is none). At this point, the meeting place is Urraco coffee shop (628 West Cota Street, Shelton, WA 98584). It will likely be at 10 - I'll let you if they move it earlier.

I'm riding an overnighter this weekend with a different group so I won't be there but the guys always welcome anybody who enjoys riding and doesn't try to crash the other riders.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #3189
Wirewiz
Adventurer

A Great Time!

Gootch,
Just wanted say thanks for the invite to the Oly Riders group!
Had a great time. Both and "Off-Road" I missed seeing which way to turn towards the end of the day after a fuel stop and ended up with one of the other riders heading a different direction. Look forward to going again.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #3190
havoc1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Thumb Sweet, local rides!

Nice, some local DS rides! "In" for whatever comes next (10MAY?), and anything vic JBLM that I can do on the 1200GS or even on the KLR250.

If you're on post, I'm the dude with the GS parked at the bicycle rack in front of the Corps HQ building.

Gotta get out more! I've been riding all year, but spring fever really has me now.
havoc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #3191
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Gootch,
Just wanted say thanks for the invite to the Oly Riders group!
Had a great time. Both and "Off-Road" I missed seeing which way to turn towards the end of the day after a fuel stop and ended up with one of the other riders heading a different direction. Look forward to going again.
Glad to hear you had a good time. I should be along next month as my three days of blistering curves in the Maupin, Antelope, Mitchell, Condon area are over (great weather and great time - destroyed my Thruxton's rear tire). Hope to see you at the next 2nd Saturday ride.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #3192
Wirewiz
Adventurer

Should have said "both on and off road" And I'm looking forward to next month too Gootch!
Havoc1 I'm sure I've seen your bike there.
Been on and off base last few years on 6 different projects.
Have a trailer (the small one) across from the Warriors in Transition building in the fenced in area. Government stopped the project so their paying us to "Be Ready" to Mobilize at a moments notice. 16 Months to date!
Sorry got side tracked.

Off road ride in the Capital Forest on the 27th of April I think.
Check the PNW Thread I'll be there.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 AM   #3193
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Cry Eldon Store Closed

Perhaps I'm late to the party and this has already been posted, but the last time I drove past the Eldon store it was closed, the pumps bagged and a vampi...I mean realtor sign was posted in the window. So, no gas in Eldon unless the folks in Hoodsport pick it up for the summer. Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #3194
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave View Post
Perhaps I'm late to the party and this has already been posted, but the last time I drove past the Eldon store it was closed, the pumps bagged and a vampi...I mean realtor sign was posted in the window. So, no gas in Eldon unless the folks in Hoodsport pick it up for the summer. Dave
Thanks for the info Dave. Too bad, that was a good in between location.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #3195
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Bump for monthly pavement ride

The Oly group is having our monthly second Saturday ride this Saturday (the 10th). We're meeting at 9:30 at Yamaha Motorsports of Olympia (something or other Martin Way). It is their open house and the Yamaha truck will be there with bikes to ride. We are hoping to get a round or two on the FZ9 and maybe a Super Tenere before we hit the road. I don't know the ride plan yet but because of the messing around time before we leave it probably won't be too ambitiously long (but it will have curves).