Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #1051
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Dawg View Post

IICE Air arrived today- one day late for my birthday! Took five minutes to install, looking forward to a test ride.
What's the weather like over there in the Highlands?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #1052
jadoca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
When is the fix going to ship to all the people with your product that does very little if anything at all?
jadoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #1053
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
What's the weather like over there in the Highlands?
Well when my IICE Air arrived it was nearly chilly enough to change the setting to 'barking cold'! Quite pleasant now though, but too much work on, therefore have only been able to get out for an hour or so on my 1100, but the effect of the Air is quite noticable is smoothing out throttle response. Hopefull when work allows I'll be able to take a bit longer and try it directly against the standard setting and get a better feel what it's up to.

Are we getting the gizmo that helps with surging next? Pleeze!

Three Dawg screwed with this post 04-16-2014 at 11:34 AM
Three Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:28 AM   #1054
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoca View Post

When is the fix going to ship to all the people with your product that does very little if anything at all?
Did you want one of the Calibration plug in parts?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #1055
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Well when my IICE Air arrived it was nearly chilly enough to change the setting to 'barking cold'! Quite pleasant now though, but too much work on, therefore have only been able to get out for an hour or so on my 1100, but the effect of the Air is quite noticeable is smoothing out throttle response. Hopefully when work allows I'll be able to take a bit longer and try it directly against the standard setting and get a better feel what it's up to.

Are we getting the gizmo that helps with surging next? Pleeze!
Brrrr! Thanks for the ride report too. The plan is to have both the Digital Air/Smooth and Air/Cool ready at the same time. The devices share data though a little ad hoc network. And it seems useful to work out the comm traffic between them at the same time. Instead of first doing one device, then the other.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #1056
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The plan is to have both the Digital Air/Smooth and Air/Cool ready at the same time.
Looking forward to it!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #1057
jadoca
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

Will you send it today? If not, when?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #1058
sunlinden
Fun Muncher

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Will you send it today? If not, when?
I'm still waiting too and it's riding season now. Getting tired of the wait.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
sunlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #1059
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,321
Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

You are waiting to ride? Huh? On a calibration part? For a part you can take off and return to stock in 5 minutes? I must be missing something.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #1060
Carlo Muro
Supercàzzola

Oddometer: 2,056
Quote:
Hi Tony,
So if you want the Calibration plug-in part, it's yours for the asking.

How many times do we have to ask? I was "on the list" back on 12/23.

This operation has taken so long that I no longer even have the bike. I just want to be made whole so I can sell this contraption and honestly tell the buyer that it lowers his air temps by said number of degrees.

All the best
Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 AM   #1061
Three Dawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Managed to get out yesterday on some quite tricky backroads by Loch Ness. Had enough time to try the IICE Air on both the -20 setting and the zero (bike as standard).

At first I thought yeah, the bike is running great (as it generally does!) but not feeling that different. I then swapped the jumper over to the zero setting and the difference was apparent immediately. Felt really jerky and rough in comparison. Swapped it back to -20 and the whole plot just felt so much more refined. Yeah, that's it, more refined. Tackled a bit of cut up farm track and standing up I felt I had much finer control on the throttle than before, where if I opened the throttle there was a distinct feeling of the bike jerking forward and throwing me back unless I was careful. Now I feel like I've got much better fine control of the throttle. I'm a happy 1100 owner.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #1062
Poolside OP
Syndicated

You're right about that, Carlo. I'm not going to win any speed contest, but your bike will work better.

I'm working through a few board iterations to find the right orientation of the components on the Calibration board. I've tried a couple of board layouts, and one more layout is in the works.

The thing is, these small boards use very small surface mount parts. They will be hot air reflowed by hand using a hot air solder/rework station. Because of the size of the parts, and because hot air is the reflow method, the assembly process is sensitive to component orientation and trace width.

How small are these parts? The components are tiny rectangles 0.040in x 0.020in (1.0mm x 0.5mm). The circuit board is smaller than Roosevelt's head on the face of a dime.

The little white squares are not components, that's table salt! (And the size of a dime for reference.)

Placed on the face of a dime, the component will cover just half of the letter E in LIBERTY.
(The part shown is one of the thermistors on the Calibration plug-in.)

Poolside screwed with this post 04-22-2014 at 02:31 PM
Old 04-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #1063
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Managed to get out yesterday on some quite tricky backroads by Loch Ness.
Nice pic. That is some truly beautiful country!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #1064
jadoca
Adventurer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Muro View Post
How many times do we have to ask? I was "on the list" back on 12/23.

This operation has taken so long that I no longer even have the bike. I just want to be made whole so I can sell this contraption and honestly tell the buyer that it lowers his air temps by said number of degrees.

All the best
I want the calibration plug in part and asked 4 or 5 days if you could ship now and if not, when. No response from Poolside whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if this calibration part or digital device never came to fruition. Hope I'm wrong. I'm supposed to be "on the list" too from several months ago.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 AM   #1065
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

I want the calibration plug in part and asked 4 or 5 days if you could ship now and if not, when. No response from Poolside whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if this calibration part or digital device never came to fruition. Hope I'm wrong. I'm supposed to be "on the list" too from several months ago.
It isn't that you didn't get a 'by when' response, it's that you know that we give 'status reports'. It has been that way from the start. The status of the Calibration part was posted yesterday morning at this time. You received the status report, and you've communicated your various issues. They have been noted.