Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #16
MotoBonita
Ride more

Oddometer: 30
Dana Neisler (aka StevoDaDevo) Ride in Peace Memorial Ride is scheduled for June 14-15 leaving Tecate Saturday morning to Mike's Sky Ranch and returning Sunday afternoon. Come out for the a day ride to Laguna Hanson if you need to be back for Father's Day.

SAVE THE DATE: details to come.

Updated thread at:
http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index...-may-3-4-2014/

Thank you for your kind words, Dana, my Baja brother is dearly missed by many.....he was that guy! Once I know the logistics of the ride details, I will post a new thread.

If you can't make it, sign the tires or the book at Mike's Sky Ranch.

MotoBonita screwed with this post 03-14-2014 at 12:52 AM
MotoBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
MotoBonita
Ride more

Dana Neisler (aka Steve DaDevo) Ride in Peace Memorial Ride has been changed to June 14-15, 2014 because of conflicting rides on the original date. . If you prefer not to spend the night, come out for the day. Thank you for your patience, the family struggled with the dates and would really like as many friends/riders as possible to make it.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
raj914
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,566
Damn!

Although I am new to this site and don't know most of you but not all of the folks here, still feel the pain when an inmate passes on. RIP inmate/bro! Ride high!

Be back on 11/24 @ 9PM EST.
raj914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 AM   #19
bush pilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,492
Condolences, when a rider passes it effects all of us. RIP
Iron Butt #35784
bush pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #20
MotoBonita
Ride more

Dana Neisler in Peace Memorial Ride(a one to two day ride) is scheduled for June 14 and 15, 2014 leaving Tecate Saturday morning to Laguna Hanson then continue to Mikes Sky Rancho and return Sunday afternoon.
Name:  Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 10.18.22 PM.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  72.8 KB

See new thread at: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post23977247

The overall plan is meet and ride to Dana's Memorial site about three miles past the Saw Mill by 11:30 to meet up with the family in the trucks. Then head back to Saw Mill for lunch and gas. GPS location of the memorial site. N31"58.361" W115"58.443

Bikes meet at Tecate Border gas station on June 14, 2014 at 8:00 leave at 8:30 AM

1. Technical group
Ken will lead bit more technical track to Laguna Hanson, the route will be determined depending on the skill set that will continue to Mikes (after lunch)and will try to stop at the Kurt Caselli Memorial on the way.

2. Slower big bikes/noobs
Arnie will lead a slower big bike/noobs group through La Rumorosa to Laguna Hanson on the way down then back through Compadre on the way back. Depending on skills and bikes, Arnie will try and stop at the KC memorial before Mikes..

3. Trucks and cars leave out of TJ
Meet at San Ysidro Insurance Office on June 14, 2014 leave at 7:30
4575 Camino De La PlazaSan Ysidro, CA 92173

Trucks will head to Ensenada and head through to Laguna Hanson off the S3. Dana's dad will lead the trucks. Cars can make the trip to Dana's Memorial site without any problems, if you would like to continue to Mike's a higher clearance vehicle is recommended.

Please RSVP so I can let them know how many to expect for lunch and if you are riding one or two days.

MotoBonita screwed with this post 04-20-2014 at 08:11 PM
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
dirtdiver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,026
Wow, what a waste. RIP.

I ride down there a lot and it seems like every trip we see someone coming the opposite way that is going way too fast. Trucks drifting around corners as if they own the road and are in the middle of the baja 1000.

Dana had given me some tips over the year and will be missed.

Steve
2014 KTM 500EXC
dirtdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #22
GPHusky250
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBrett View Post
My Name is Brett Neisler (BajaBrett) and Dana was my younger brother. Dana was a very experienced rider and knew the area very well. The group that was traveling with him did not see the accident only the aftermath. The impact was not survivable and he was killed on impact. The Accident reports I picked up from Ensenada showed no one at fault, just a terrible accident. He impacted the Left Front Fender of a Toyota Pick truck coming the other direction over what we believe was a gradual turn. We will never know all the details. It is apparent that neither the Driver of the truck or my brother had enough time to react to avoid the collision. Could have been sun glare. I had to enlist the help of to very close friends that were ICE Agents to assist me with getting my brother home. It took nearly 4 days, but we got him home. He has been cremated and will be taken down to my folks place south of San Felipe to be spread in the Sea of Cortez. For anyone that is interested here is a link to is obituary. He lived a very exciting life and died doing what he loved.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...06&mid=5837314

Thank you for everyones concern and wishes. Just felt I should try my best to update everyone. (Just a Horrible, Horrible Accident)

Thanks,

Brett Neisler
Hi Brett, I was with a group of riders that came upon the scene of your brother's crash up past Laguna Hansen, west of the sawmill. By the time we got there, the Mexican military was on scene and a trained EMT/Paramedic with our group riding ahead of us had taken a look at your brother. Sadly he had passed.

It is my understanding that he had just gotten off some single track and was heading towards Valley T. As you know it's dusty up there, and I think the combination of dust and the sun may have blinded him momentarily. Upon seeing the truck and with no place to go, it looked like he tried to lay it down and subsequently impacted the truck. It's hard to know exactly what happened but if you wish feel free to contact me. There are some details and thoughts I would only pass on privately.

A number of years ago I remember hearing the story of a vintage MX rider up in Tulare, that when the gate dropped, took off like the rest of the field and instead of making the first turn, kept right on going straight where the bike slowed and both him and the bike fell over. By the time the Paramedics got to him, he was gone, later learning from a massive heart attack. In my mind the guy was lucky that just prior to leaving this world and going to see God, he was doing what he loved. Can't think of a better way to make an exit.

Your bother left this world way to soon and we're all the poorer for it, but he left doing something he truly loved. Rest assured you will see him again.
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote