Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #76
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by D R View Post
You say that as if the two actions (horn, evasive action) have to be executed separately.
If you think you're going to want to use it, put your thumb over the button. Now all the fumbling is out of the way.

That said, I haven't used my horn as a warning device in years; I work harder to stay out of those situations.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #77
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier311 View Post
Homey, do you have a horn I can buy off you cheaply?
Seriously - PM me if you do. I need one of the little round ones with a mounting nut/post in the center.
Well, if you asked me about a month ago I would have had one. I took one off the new GSXR. I thought I threw it in the trash in the garage. But it's not there, I just looked. Sorry, if I still had it I would have given it to you.
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #78
melville
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,356
I lived in Seattle long enough that the horn is not my first, second, or third resort. I know I have a functioning horn on the bike, because I give happy toots and a wave to folks who move over for me on 36. My cages, I don't know if I've got one or not.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.
melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #79
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,104
I'm on a bike that's new to me so I'm using my horn a lot right now - mainly every time I want to make a left or right turn :)

But seriously folks - in over 20 years of riding and driving - I've only used my horn a handful of times and then it's nearly always to stop someone reversing into me. I can't think of a single instance when I've used it whilst actually moving.

Oh, and pet hate time - I've many, and one of them is folks who hammer their horn in a traffic jam, especially in a city. Achieves nothing, impresses no-one, pisses off many.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #80
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier311 View Post
Homey, do you have a horn I can buy off you cheaply?
Seriously - PM me if you do. I need one of the little round ones with a mounting nut/post in the center.
I think I have one or two off an old bike when I replaced the horn with a louder one. I'll check when I get home and PM you if I have one.
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote