Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #6256
KTMInSFL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
If you guys need a headlight, I've got a EnduroTech Dual.5 that fits 2014 KTM I'm selling. I bought it on a whim, tried it out on the street and then ended up not being able to ride at night like I thought I would (wife and kids), so now it's back in the box, not a scratch on it. Comparable to the Baja Designs Squadron, except this one has 5 LED's instead of 4, and it has high and low beam. Drop-in replacement, plugs right in to the stock harness and the high/low switch works just like the stock light. It's adds some serious bling if that's what you're into. ;) Message me if you're interested and I'll send pictures.

Here's the manufacturer info. Installation on the 2014 is slightly different than shown in the video, but super easy. Perfect drop in replacement for the OEM light, 3 screws and a plug and you're done:

http://en.enduro-tech.eu/products-an...lights/dual-5/
KTMInSFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #6257
RailwayRog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
There is no exact standard for just the spacer. But, all the spacers and the spring should be 513 mm long. You may have different spacers on each side if the springs are different length. Not often though.
That explains why I had 2 thick spacers (1 in each tube) and then only 1 thin spacer on one side. I thought the factory left one of the spacers out, I didn't bother to take an overall measurement with the springs, anyhow I was in there to change out the springs to heaver ones, hopefully it don't make much of a difference or maybe that's why I crashed in the desert (see above post).
RailwayRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #6258
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13exc500fz1 View Post
I tried that one for a little bit, its 1700 lumens and was great for the price it was a huge improvement over stock. I used it with the adv monster dimmer switch so I had a low beam and a high beam. For the price, it was built well and is pretty heavy and durable, it does not come with the mask but is very easy to install and fits into the stock mounts. I have one I would sale if your interested. The only reason I got rid of it is because I installed a 3500 lumen light in the stock housing a little bit of grinding and a little bit of okie enginuity is all it took. About an 1hr altogether. In Baja my buddie and i checked them out side by side with his Baja designs 6" HID race light. and this one actually threw a better beam and more light. I'm very pleased with how it came out for $150.00 bucks and a little bit of elbow grease.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #6259
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
I tried that one for a little bit, its 1700 lumens and was great for the price it was a huge improvement over stock. I used it with the adv monster dimmer switch so I had a low beam and a high beam. For the price, it was built well and is pretty heavy and durable, it does not come with the mask but is very easy to install and fits into the stock mounts. I have one I would sale if your interested. The only reason I got rid of it is because I installed a 3500 lumen light in the stock housing a little bit of grinding and a little bit of okie enginuity is all it took. About an 1hr altogether. In Baja my buddie and i checked them out side by side with his Baja designs 6" HID race light. and this one actually threw a better beam and more light. I'm very pleased with how it came out for $150.00 bucks and a little bit of elbow grease.

Blinding, even in the daytime in the middle of the desert.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #6260
ZenMoto
Bikeslut

Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMInSFL View Post
If you guys need a headlight, I've got a EnduroTech Dual.5 that fits 2014 KTM I'm selling. I bought it on a whim, tried it out on the street and then ended up not being able to ride at night like I thought I would (wife and kids), so now it's back in the box, not a scratch on it. Comparable to the Baja Designs Squadron, except this one has 5 LED's instead of 4, and it has high and low beam. Drop-in replacement, plugs right in to the stock harness and the high/low switch works just like the stock light. It's adds some serious bling if that's what you're into. ;) Message me if you're interested and I'll send pictures.

Here's the manufacturer info. Installation on the 2014 is slightly different than shown in the video, but super easy. Perfect drop in replacement for the OEM light, 3 screws and a plug and you're done:

http://en.enduro-tech.eu/products-an...lights/dual-5/
I have this light in my '14. ...fantastic light!!!

Save $5 on a photo hosting accout at
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg by inserting cupon code R1bXVzHCYtHts
ZenMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #6261
mwjp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
2012 ktm 500 exc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
I tried that one for a little bit, its 1700 lumens and was great for the price it was a huge improvement over stock.

The manufacturer specs the light as 1800 lumen on low and 4500 lumen on high. I have one and really like it. The low light is angled down so that it doesn't annoy other road users and the high is bright enough to do offroad riding at a reasonable speed. I think the design of light looks great too.

mwjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #6262
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjp View Post
...the high is bright enough to do offroad riding at a reasonable speed.
What would you consider "reasonable" speed? 70mph in the desert? I'm still looking for the be-all end-all LED to replace my old 7" HID racelight. I do agree that the Enduro Tech looks good and having separate hi/lo beams vs just dimming the light while keeping the same aim (like if I were to use a Squadron) is appealing. I've also considered stuffing a Trucklite phase 7 LED into my housing which would actually be legal as opposed to kinda looking legal, but I'm afraid that I'd be taking a step backwards.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:46 AM   #6263
mwjp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
2012 ktm 500 exc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
What would you consider "reasonable" speed? 70mph in the desert?

I ride in Japan and there isn't any dessert so I don't know how the light would perform in those conditions. I've used it on single track and Forrest fire roads at speeds up to about 60mph with no visibility issues...
mwjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:19 AM   #6264
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 945
Thumb Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
What would you consider "reasonable" speed? 70mph in the desert? I'm still looking for the be-all end-all LED to replace my old 7" HID racelight. I do agree that the Enduro Tech looks good and having separate hi/lo beams vs just dimming the light while keeping the same aim (like if I were to use a Squadron) is appealing. I've also considered stuffing a Trucklite phase 7 LED into my housing which would actually be legal as opposed to kinda looking legal, but I'm afraid that I'd be taking a step backwards.
I have two ADV monster model 60's with a dimmer and they work great. I have one pointed a bit lower and the other straight ahead. I also have them hooked up to the stock headlight switch so high and low beam with a flick. I used to have trail tech headlight but installed the LED into the mask and only use the LED as my lights now, not just back up. As for off road riding I am very happy with them, didn't feel I was out running them. I was in the sandblast rally and the last stage was run at nigh. I had the second fastest time on that stage, 30'sec behind the leader and I had to pass two people. I do know know the speeds I was going but fast enough lol, or not fast enough for first

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #6265
Anders-
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
I have two ADV monster model 60's with a dimmer and they work great. I have one pointed a bit lower and the other straight ahead. I also have them hooked up to the stock headlight switch so high and low beam with a flick. I used to have trail tech headlight but installed the LED into the mask and only use the LED as my lights now, not just back up. As for off road riding I am very happy with them, didn't feel I was out running them. I was in the sandblast rally and the last stage was run at nigh. I had the second fastest time on that stage, 30'sec behind the leader and I had to pass two people. I do know know the speeds I was going but fast enough lol, or not fast enough for first
Figured I should chime in since I'm running the same lights (model 60's + stock 690er headlight), the light they put out is for me only enough up to 70-80km/h. Plenty of light nearby (as with most leds), but in order to get a longer throw one needs a larger reflector. The enduro tech light (judging from videos/photos) seems to be roughly the same, blinding amounts of light close to the rider, but no proper beam pattern.
Anders- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #6266
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 945
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders- View Post
Figured I should chime in since I'm running the same lights (model 60's + stock 690er headlight), the light they put out is for me only enough up to 70-80km/h. Plenty of light nearby (as with most leds), but in order to get a longer throw one needs a larger reflector. The enduro tech light (judging from videos/photos) seems to be roughly the same, blinding amounts of light close to the rider, but no proper beam pattern.
I am no expert with lights or beam pattern, just what I read from other peoples input on them lol. But I can say for sure I can use them well above 80km on and off road as for how fast I do not know. I have used the, on the highway at 120km and they seem to be fine, but that is a road I drive a lot. They are better then the trail tech X2 off road light I had, removed the bulbs and installed the LED in there place. Now the person how won the rally and the night stage ran two 60W HID spots. Now they have a better beam/ distance then the LED's I have but take a bit to warm up and can not dim the output. So for a race they are better but everyday the LED's are way better. Also his one light was the same as my two with the dimmer, he had two one on the bike and one on his helmet. So is there one light that can do it all? Maybe not yet but soon I bet but at a price.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #6267
irongrady
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Anyone have a link to decent graphics kits for the 2014 bikes. I bought and all white plastics set and I'm looking for something nice to put on them. All the six days graphics I find are for the 2013 and older bikes.
irongrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #6268
Bengt Phorks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
I am no expert with lights or beam pattern, just what I read from other peoples input on them lol. But I can say for sure I can use them well above 80km on and off road as for how fast I do not know. I have used the, on the highway at 120km and they seem to be fine, but that is a road I drive a lot. They are better then the trail tech X2 off road light I had, removed the bulbs and installed the LED in there place. Now the person how won the rally and the night stage ran two 60W HID spots. Now they have a better beam/ distance then the LED's I have but take a bit to warm up and can not dim the output. So for a race they are better but everyday the LED's are way better. Also his one light was the same as my two with the dimmer, he had two one on the bike and one on his helmet. So is there one light that can do it all? Maybe not yet but soon I bet but at a price.
A helmet light is a must if you want to go fast in the dirt at night. It allows you see where you are looking and not just where the bike is pointing.
There a lot of chinese made helmet lights that work well and are reasonably priced.
http://www.lightmalls.com/bike-lights-headlamps

This is the one I am currently using. It puts out almost light as the Advmonster model 60 light.
http://www.lightmalls.com/2xcree-xm-...bike-light-set

I have used this one and it works well.
http://www.lightmalls.com/red-color-...-18650-battery
Bengt Phorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #6269
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrady View Post
Anyone have a link to decent graphics kits for the 2014 bikes. I bought and all white plastics set and I'm looking for something nice to put on them. All the six days graphics I find are for the 2013 and older bikes.
Here's some for a '14
http://142.0.244.174/munnracing/show...ct.cfm?id=7612
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #6270
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrady View Post
Call Ben or Matt at Ride PG. They are making matching front and rear fender kit for my 14 500 EXC with stock graphics.

Here is a kink to a 14 XCW kit on their web site, but they can custom color anything for your white plastic.

http://ridepg.com/ktm-2014-stock-xcw/
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote