ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #8056
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
I keep forgetting to check this damn thread.

I need to get out on the WRR, I'll keep an eye out for the next after work ride.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #8057
WhichWayNow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
And last nights afterwork ride was pretty sweet. The sun was shining, the flowers were blooming and conditions were perfect. Thanks Ron, Wayne and Matt :)
Thanks for setting up the ride. It was a fun route!
WhichWayNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #8058
DeadOhioSky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayNow View Post

Thanks again Mike!!! Great ride, thanks for organizing, leading, and letting me tag along!!
DeadOhioSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #8059
WhiskeySierra
Day L8, $1 Short

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
Treasure Valley Trail Machine Association is having their Fun Run this weekend. http://www.tvtma.org/

This is a great family-oriented event. I'd like to be there, but my boy has Senior Prom Saturday. Graduation on the way
Sorry you can't make it.
I'm going to hit this. Anyone else?
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #8060
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayNow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadOhioSky View Post
Thanks again Mike!!! Great ride, thanks for organizing, leading, and letting me tag along!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
I keep forgetting to check this damn thread.

I need to get out on the WRR, I'll keep an eye out for the next after work ride.
The route was Capt Ed's idea, and it was a true dual sport ride ! Glad you showed up Matt, now that you've found our lair you can never leave. Jeff, I'm shooting for another ride next Wednesday :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #8061
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
Quote:
Jeff, I'm shooting for another ride next Wednesday :)
I should just give you all my number and bribe you with beer to text me when you go for a ride :).

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #8062
DeadOhioSky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
The route was Capt Ed's idea, and it was a true dual sport ride ! Glad you showed up Matt, now that you've found our lair you can never leave. Jeff, I'm shooting for another ride next Wednesday :)
As if I would want to leave the lair in the first place
DeadOhioSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #8063
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 659
Ride Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshankel View Post
Seems like the weather's about right to try Jason's Indian Hot Springs trip - eS
This one didn't make it to the blog.

Five hours of driving for five minutes of riding would hardly have been worth it without the hour of trailside repair work.

Hunter and I were meeting up with three guys we’d not met before, Eric, Dave and Henry. This was Hunter’s first ride of the year and an overnighter at that. When my front tire was flat after unloading I wasn’t worried. After all, I have the Tubliss system (http://nuetech.com/tubliss/). It took just a minute to find the hole, plug it and air up.

But a mile down the trail it was flat again — bad sign. “I think I can fix this and catch up,” I suggested but the guys were glad not only to wait but dive in with help. I could tell by their unrepeatable banter, as they set to work, they’d spent time together.

In spite of herculean efforts running through a plan A, B and maybe C, it was not to be. The inner Tubliss tube had a tear at the valve, rendering the system useless, and a spare tube (from Henry, I think) ended up being the wrong size. We were nonetheless inches from having it mounted when it pinched. That was that.

Thanks much for the help Eric, Dave and Henry. Hunter and I are planning a make-up ride.

Jason Abbott screwed with this post 05-04-2014 at 02:56 PM
Jason Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #8064
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Still haven't had a chance to ride with the group out here sense I moved and think I can make this coming Wednesday... would love to meet some of the Boise group.

Just need to know what type of ride so I can bring the correct bike... the CRF230L or the 650...
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #8065
bikerlibre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
This one didn't make it to the blog.
Bummer!
I too am using the Tubliss system with good results thus far. If you further diagnose why yours failed, please let me know. Did you check the pressure that day? Was the locknut tight against the rim? Could you have punctured the tube while repairing the hole or otherwise? Was it getting old beyond it's lifespan? I'm not sure what the lifespan is but replacements are available so maybe we should replace them after so many miles or time.
bikerlibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #8066
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
Jason,

Thanks for the GPS tracks. 3 of us (and Georgie) had a great ride out in the 3 Finger Rock area. Ate lunch at the "suicide cliff" and saw some great sites elsewhere. Due to time we had to cut out the side trip to 3 Finger Gulch, but now we have reason for another trip or three. Again, thanks!

Georgie and me with 3 Fingers Rock way way off in the distance.

Closer on the other side.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #8067
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,335
Quote:
I'm keeping this Wednesday open. Looking forward to a ride.
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #8068
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
............. "Death March"....... No! wait It's Trailrider383, yup a good spirited ride for sure Alas Ed riding of late is particularly painful for me. So, I will be awaiting a RR with lots of pictures. I know your sidekick will have your back SW.
I don't know about "death march", but it was definitely a good spirited ride. It only turned out to be 1034 miles from door to door for me. 407 the first day, 408 the second, then the third was a rest day with only 219 miles. I think we had about 700 miles in the dirt and around 300 of the highway droning. Great ride, I hope my video turns out of Ed trying to get stuck in the mud
effensteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #8069
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
I don't know about "death march", but it was definitely a good spirited ride. It only turned out to be 1034 miles from door to door for me. 407 the first day, 408 the second, then the third was a rest day with only 219 miles. I think we had about 700 miles in the dirt and around 300 of the highway droning. Great ride, I hope my video turns out of Ed trying to get stuck in the mud

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #8070
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlibre View Post
If you further diagnose why yours failed, please let me know. Did you check the pressure that day? Was the locknut tight against the rim? Could you have punctured the tube while repairing the hole or otherwise? Was it getting old beyond it's lifespan? I'm not sure what the lifespan is but replacements are available so maybe we should replace them after so many miles or time.
I have more facts.

I do check pressure before every ride. I notice that Neutech says to replace the bladder every year and since they're only $10 I'll probably start doing it with each tire change.

Anyway, after a ride last year I noticed the high pressure stem was slightly off kilter. Bladder must have slipped. It was so slight I didn't worry about it.

In the course of hunting down a slow leak last week I figured I'd finally reset the bladder and liner so I took it all apart. The slow leak was a puncture in the tire that I plugged, easy enough, but re-mounting must have weakened an already stressed stem opposite of my goal.

Live and learn, as always.