Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #511
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,938
Like zees? [from interwebz]

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

garandman screwed with this post 05-08-2014 at 11:56 AM
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #512
dirt hokie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
something like that. by the way is that pic from under the Kent Narrows bridge
dirt hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #513
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
+1

When boats are in you're blood. they just are kinda like motorcycles but for me anyway a bit more. I actually like the whole process of getting ready and you just can't hop on and go. Last weekend very high winds I took mine out by myself I think just to fight the bitch Loading and unloading is not easy in high winds alone. But it was great.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:02 AM   #514
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
When boats are in you're blood. they just are kinda like motorcycles but for me anyway a bit more. I actually like the whole process of getting ready and you just can't hop on and go. Last weekend very high winds I took mine out by myself I think just to fight the bitch Loading and unloading is not easy in high winds alone. But it was great.
I've been studying and planning and ordering and studying and planning and ordering and getting ready for today for the last two months. That is a part I really enjoy too!!! I'm heading to go pick up my boat today after a meeting and then trailer it down to Ft Lauderdale where if weather permits, and I won't go without the right weather/wind, I'm going to cross the Gulf Stream and head over to the Bahamas. Bimini then to Club Cay then to Nassau to visit someone.

The modern liberal is the stupidest human being to have ever lived!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:19 AM   #515
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,019
Quote:
I've been studying and planning and ordering and studying and planning and ordering and getting ready for today for the last two months. That is a part I really enjoy too!!! I'm heading to go pick up my boat today after a meeting and then trailer it down to Ft Lauderdale where if weather permits, and I won't go without the right weather/wind, I'm going to cross the Gulf Stream and head over to the Bahamas. Bimini then to Club Cay then to Nassau to visit someone.
Enjoy! Stay safe!
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #516
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
http://youtu.be/8gciFoEbOA8

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
Old 05-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #517
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:

Have a great trip. I love that Dory I want one.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #518
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,628
Quote:
Remember
Its better to be in here wishing you were out there than out there wishing you were in here.
Kind Seas and Fair Winds

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #519
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,089
Good luck. My dad got to do that trip and loved it.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #520
ArcticaMT6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Tugboat races at the maritime festival in Seattle today. Went out on a company tug for a few hours. Sorry for crappy photos. Forgot my camera and had to use my phone.

Nice views

Some sailboats. The wooden one was pretty nice.

Fireboat was putting on a show

Old wooden tugboat. Most of the people onboard were dressed as pirates.

This crazy bastard kept flying between us real low

This little tug was awesome as hell. I was constantly surprised it didn't get swamped since the bow was barely above the bow wake when underway

The big boat race (our boat didn't race unfortunately)

And a super short clip of the race. The old wooden tug got a late start (and wasn't even pointed up the course the whole way at first), but ended up hauling ass enough to take 2nd place at the end. All that wetted surface area and the smaller beam ratio helps.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmartel/13970530139/
ArcticaMT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:01 AM   #521
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Marblehead, MA Viper 640 fleet back in the day. Our boat is almost invisible: you can see a little of the hull under the end of the boom of USA33.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #522
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
Next weekend we are sailing over to Annapolis and picking up my daughter and SIL who are driving up from NC. We'll sail over to St Michael's, hit the skeet club while the girls shop and then anchor out. Next couple of days the winds will decide direction and destination before it's time to get back on land.

Not a big trip, but I can't wait.

We'll get to zip around on the new dingy, too.

Boating is an important, fun & memorable part of our lives.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #523
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC View Post
Next weekend we are sailing over to Annapolis and picking up my daughter and SIL who are driving up from NC. We'll sail over to St Michael's, hit the skeet club while the girls shop and then anchor out. Next couple of days the winds will decide direction and destination before it's time to get back on land.

Not a big trip, but I can't wait.

We'll get to zip around on the new dingy, too.

Boating is an important, fun & memorable part of our lives.

You live in an excellent area to enjoy that too.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:00 AM   #524
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
You live in an excellent area to enjoy that too.

All ou sailing has been on the east coast of the US. We really, like Long Island Sound too. The Chesapeake Bay is our favorite though and we've hardly seen any of it, so far!

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:04 AM   #525
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,219
The Fla Keys also would be a recreational boating mecca I would imagine.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: