Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #1411
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 5,583
They have one in stock but it's pre-farkled. It's a new bike too. He said it has wrapped V&H pipes on it and other doo-dads.

I'm trying to negotiate a test ride. He's going to call me back. Worst case is I'll have to wait for a new one to arrive.

Kraven did you get your bolt yet? As the bikes biggest fan you're really dragging your feet.
Naturally, the common people don't want war; ... the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country - Hermann Goring
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #1412
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,823
I am dragging my feet because I'm waiting to see if the 15's, which should be announced any day now, have a different speedo.

The way the speedo is wired into the bike makes it somewhat difficult to just swap for another and toss the stock one. The odometer is oddly wired into the main ecu.

If the 15's fix that, then I'll get a 15'. If not, I'll just buy a 14 and get on with it.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #1413
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
I am dragging my feet because I'm waiting to see if the 15's, which should be announced any day now, have a different speedo.

The way the speedo is wired into the bike makes it somewhat difficult to just swap for another and toss the stock one. The odometer is oddly wired into the main ecu.

If the 15's fix that, then I'll get a 15'. If not, I'll just buy a 14 and get on with it.
Well since you put it that way. I might as well wait too.

I hate waiting! But only thing worse would be buying a 14 then having the 15's come out with an even better color and an improved speedo.
Naturally, the common people don't want war; ... the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country - Hermann Goring
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #1414
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
Well since you put it that way. I might as well wait too.

I hate waiting! But only thing worse would be buying a 14 then having the 15's come out with an even better color and an improved speedo.
They all do that...
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #1415
HapHazard
Waiting for Gudenov

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:

Just curious, but is it possible to maybe remove that smoked top plastic lens from the speedo and replace it with something clear so it might be readable?

Then again, I can't read the LCD odometer in my Scion Xa at all with my polarized sunglasses on at all...
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #1416
kraven
Hegelian Scum

That's an interesting question, Hap. So far the experiments done have rendered success when replacing a window over the speedo readout only. The plastic under the tinted piece is polarized, it seems. But the tinted lexan, or whatever it is, is not polarized.

So, it makes it a wee bit difficult.

I'd like to replace the whole enchilada with a gauge like the Shadow 750RS has, more specifically THAT gauge, because it has a sweeper face and idiot lights included. Alas that Mama Yama made it pretty difficult.

Part of the problem with the stock gauge is that it gets VERY bright without the tint on there to some percentage.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #1417
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 1,091
FZ inspired bolt.

More here http://ottonero.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...xv950.html?m=1
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #1418
Bird76Mojo
Bikeless :(

Oddometer: 1,453
Stopped at a local dealer yesterday. Saw this beauty. I was about to tell them to start the financing paperwork until he told me what their asking price was. I nearly shat myself.

18K!

I guess it took 2nd place at a local "bolt-on" build-off competition. They've since removed the numbers and the Yamaha logo and stripes on the tank and seat pan. They've replaced the Yamaha logo on the tank with a much better looking one and it's in plain white as of now. Come to think of it, it may have an entirely different tank now? Not sure really..

Still, a beautiful bike.
Attached Images

Always glad to help a fellow rider..
Bird76Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #1419
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,882
I can see an $18K asking price.
If you really like it make em an offer of $ 13 or 14 and see what happens.
It looks great.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #1420
Bird76Mojo

I thought about doing that. Though I just can't see the bike being worth over double its original retail. The only real custom thing on it from what I gathered, was the wheels. They had them laced up to some off the shelf Yamaha hubs. Most everything else was bolt on parts from Yamaha and other aftermarket Bolt stuff.

Nevermind the fact that I probably couldn't get financed on a bike that they're asking twice it's retail. No one would loan cash on a deal like that.

GB

Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #1421
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
MCN video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP1HxV6yXUA
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #1422
ZappBranigan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
Stopped at a local dealer yesterday. Saw this beauty. I was about to tell them to start the financing paperwork until he told me what their asking price was. I nearly shat myself..
With no front brake that can't be street legal. So why put a headlight on a dirt tracker?
ZappBranigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #1423
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Noise vid of the Akro slip on. Really nice finish too.

I have some bomb ass speakers....and that didn't sound that great.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #1424
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Try the akrapovic site. They have better sound bytes with the bike under load. Sounds better, probably, on bomb ass speakers.

I like the Akra part because it lowers the exhaust frequencies and doesn't increase the db.

Loud pipes suck.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #1425
Bird76Mojo

It has a front brake. It's not shown in that picture as it seems that was taken during the build.

As for the exhaust, the Vance and Hines 2 into 1 sounds absolutely beautiful on that engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBranigan View Post
With no front brake that can't be street legal. So why put a headlight on a dirt tracker?