User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #16
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Ok I see now but seems like they won't last I know these one are pricy but they seam to be built pretty tough
spencergt66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #17
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
From livin light?

From KZ. I can't see why it wouldn't give a lifetime of service unless someone crashed into it?
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #18
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,156
I want smaller but if I bought one I'd want an in-unit shower. To me that's where the real benefit is (that and several wimmins I know that's their requirement is to have a hot shower).
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
'12 690 Enduro // 690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #19
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
I want smaller but if I bought one I'd want an in-unit shower. To me that's where the real benefit is (that and several wimmins I know that's their requirement is to have a hot shower).
Yeah, but you may not be able to put several wimmins in there at once.
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #20
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
For sure the shower/bathroom is key
spencergt66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #21
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Did anyone end up actually getting a livin lite? I'm considering the bearcat 6x16 and 7x20. I'd like to be able to haul 3 full size dirt bikes (ok if a tight squeeze) and I'm goin to tow with a '13 4runner (max tow capacity of 4700lbs).

I'm a little concerned what the 7x20 would weigh once you add a few options a fill it with toys, but I'm not certain the 6x16 will be big enough for bikes + generator, gear, etc.

Unfortunately, no dealers within a day's drive have either one in stock to go check out.
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #22
SR75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
These looked so good I checked them out at a dealer when several inches of heavy wet snow was melting - two out of six had water dripping inside. Brand new and already leaking......
SR75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #23
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm prepared for any toy hauler to be a POS. Livin Lite seems like the least worst based on internet reputation, but who knows if that changed now that they're owned by Thor.

VRV and one or two others sell almost exact duplicates of the Livin Lite. It seems like the Livin Lite is the nicest of them, though.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #24
SR75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
POS...tell me about it having owned a travel trailer , class C Dodge motorhome, truck pop up camper , I know exactly what you mean. I had to write a list of "what to fix before next trip list" on most trips. The problem I have is handing over good green money for a known POS built with staples and cheap pine wood. Been much more satisfied with a cargo van.....well except for the 2004 Sprinter POS, most unreliable and expensive vehicle I've ever owned. Never own one without a full coverage extended warranty IMO. Towing causes a too significant mpg drop penalty unless only short trips.

[ QUOTE=roadracer;24652690]I'm prepared for any toy hauler to be a POS. Livin Lite seems like the least worst based on internet reputation, but who knows if that changed now that they're owned by Thor.

VRV and one or two others sell almost exact duplicates of the Livin Lite. It seems like the Livin Lite is the nicest of them, though.[/QUOTE]
SR75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #25
djb_rh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
I've got one and I love mine. Spent last weekend in it with the wife. It's an 18' with one tip-out bunk and I pull it with a Sprinter (passenger van -or- I also have a Sprinter based class C), with a 5k capacity. Been fine.

Never had mine leak, but I do store it under cover most of the time. And since it's all aluminum with no wood, well, if it did it's not nearly as big of a deal.

--Donnie
Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #26
RVDan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,329
Have an expert touch up all the sealant once a year and every five years have all the sealant completely stripped and redone.

Don't assume since it's aluminum water won't damage it. There is still wood backing the fiberglass, it will get wet, swell up, and the edges will pop out from under the molding. The aluminum will get corrosion on it and push out on the wall as well making ugly lumps. Once it starts delaminating you're losing structural rigidity. It's steel screws holding the molding onto that aluminum frame, half of them were probably stripped out at the factory, when they get loose water is going to seep through into the frame and leak out at the welds into that wood panel that backs up the fiberglass, and also your wood floor and wall panel.

It depends where you live though, if it doesn't rain it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker
You can never have too much hook.

RVDan screwed with this post 07-19-2014 at 06:26 PM
RVDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #27
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

djv, What width do you have, the 7'? What would you estimate the max capacity for dirtbikes would be?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #28
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 859
I have the 21 BHS. Have had it for 1.5 years. My one sentence summary...great concept+materials but still made by the same monkeys that make all RVs in the mid west. It won't fall apart but the details are really lousy.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #29
GP640
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,285
We went looking at trailers yesterday.
The Camplite 16 bhb would be perfect for us if we hit the lottery.
The 22' toyhauler was nice as well but a bit harder to justify and at 8.5' wide
it wouldn't be as easy to travel with.

We were impressed by the quality of everything and the lack of plastic smell compared to everything else on the lot.
There are a lot of really tragic units out there.
GP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #30
sailwing2003
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Have pulled both 7' wide travel trailer and 8' wide Work & Play toyhauler, with my 6' wide Avalanche. Trips from TX to Utah, around TX, and to Florida and back. There is a big difference with the air drag of wide tall box fronts, and hope you never have headwinds. We pulled 400 miles NW in 30-40 mph headwinds, and got less than 6 mpg, and averaged only 50 mph. With tailwinds, some up hill from Albuquerque heading east back towards TX , got over 11 mpg, at 65 mph.

No question, floor space wins, when you are parked, or wanting to load more.

1998 Foretravel 36' Unicoach 295
Just sold the 08 GSA Adventure
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: