Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #16
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Redundant by now, but SWing. As others have said, good power, decent handling, CVT transmission. Perfectly capable of maintaining freeway speeds for as long as you wish, although the best riding is not generally on the freeways, frankly.

YOU get to define what constitutes a scooter, not someone else with their own definition. You ride what YOU like and what will do what you need it to do. Don't let others define your joy for you...
Old 06-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #17
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty ... View Post
Long trips? If you're including used Hondas, don't forget the Helix (unless you're tall). Long chassis for stability which is great on the highway. Cruises at 75-80, no problem. Ed Otto completed the Iron Butt Rally on one a few years ago.
75-80 cruise? on a Helix? Is that in kph because if you're talking mph then 75-80mph can only happen down hill with a tail wind in a tuck or getting sucked along in a semi hauler draft. Had a Helix before so I know. It is VERY comfortable to ride and is the best in rider comfort in scooters IMO. But, getting much above 70 mph only comes with favorable conditions which only happen infrequently and for not very long. As long as there is not a head wind, it will get right up there to around 70mph +/- a few mph and stay there pretty much as long as wind and traffic allows and you're not out of gas. THAT is at WFO though. Using non expressway roads up to 65mph for long trips would be ideal with the Helix.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
hlnazzj
n00b

Oddometer: 4
04 Silverwing for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vscribner1 View Post
i am looking for the fastest Honda scooter and best for highways and long trips
My 04 Swing has 2500 miles. Bought it new(out of the crate in 07) Has tour master saddle bags, Givi top box (2 helmets) ,tankbag, driving lights, many extra lights on the rear, GPS, driver's backrest, Clearview windscreen(OEM also), throttlemiesters metallic maroon with nice silver pinstripes. $3500 obo. Call me if interested, 850 434 5048 H, 850 384 2856 Cell-- Pensacola FL. Can send pics if you call me--or email hlnazzj@hotmail.com--- Jay
Old 06-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #19
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito2 View Post
75-80 cruise? on a Helix? Is that in kph because if you're talking mph then 75-80mph can only happen down hill with a tail wind in a tuck or getting sucked along in a semi hauler draft. Had a Helix before so I know. It is VERY comfortable to ride and is the best in rider comfort in scooters IMO. But, getting much above 70 mph only comes with favorable conditions which only happen infrequently and for not very long. As long as there is not a head wind, it will get right up there to around 70mph +/- a few mph and stay there pretty much as long as wind and traffic allows and you're not out of gas. THAT is at WFO though. Using non expressway roads up to 65mph for long trips would be ideal with the Helix.
Mph, bandito... . That was my GF on the Helix and me on a K75 thru N Texas and Oklahoma. She'd lose a little going uphill. I've had it at those speeds, but the Helix seating position is way too cramped for me. I have to sit on the pillion section of the seat to keep the grips from hitting my knees.
Where the Helix really shows a disadvantage is in crosswinds. That long chassis and trunk really catch all the air coming sideways, and that will make you want to slow your pace ...