Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #16
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Go with the SH it is a better bike, best in class. Larger wheels handles those mexican roads better, has 2 more HP
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #17
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
Yes, please do, we always like to hear how these decisions turn out.

I will say it's probably a good thing that Honda didn't bring the SH 300 to the US, or I'd have no excuse to look at other scooters ever again. I'd have just found a used one and ridden it the rest of my days.....

When I learn of the sh300 my first thought was Can we stuff the engine in sh150 . Fly over for a vacation . Find a wrenched sh300 and take the engine home in your luggage the engine . Oh well this is the shit you get when companies makes chooses by focus groups.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #18
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,569
do not listen to poster DaBinChe. he is a n00b who has only rode a small bike to alaska and a honda elite further in a year then i rode in 2 or 3

i mean what kind of person puts tens of thousands of miles on a scooter? hell, hundreds of thousands, even!!

this person would have to be NUTS

nope, all the more reason to go PCX, now

i mean the guy rode a moped to the north pole or something? just can't trust judgement like that
Old 06-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
kdude OP
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
Thanks DC...
Old 06-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #20
JoshM
PCX150

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I would at least sit on both or ride them if you can. Buy the one that feels the best to you.
That's the best thing to do. They're very similar in nearly all mechanical aspects and they both look nice. I went with a PCX because I liked the riding position better than the SH.
JoshM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 AM   #21
herman7196
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Thumb

If you're considering buying a pcx because storage capacity is a concern... why not check out a low mileage used honda helix? It's got 100 extra CC's and tons of storage space. It'll ride all day on the highway without taxing the driver or the engine. It has a real windshield which does come in handy. I've owned 3 helix scooters and loved each one.

You can pick up a nice used one for around $1500 - $2500 on ebay or craigslist.

If the goofy looks of the pcx doesn't bother you, you surely won't mind the homely looks of the helix! Especially, when you twist the throttle and leave all of the 150cc scooters scooters in the dust.

The same goes with the SH150. Get a nice used CH250 elite instead. For less than 1/2 the cost of a sh150 you can have a very similar (yes, it's dated looking) scooter with an extra 100CC's.

I know the heart wants what the heart wants and that can easily override the brains logical thought process. :)
herman7196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #22
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,826
I would love to have a brand new CH250 (the original boxy one) It had more traditional scooter proportions. I prefer it's design to the Helix, and the modern super long low maxi scooters. But a used one IMO would not provide good reliability, especially due to it's lack of parts availability.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #23
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I would love to have a brand new CH250 (the original boxy one) It had more traditional scooter proportions. I prefer it's design to the Helix, and the modern super long low maxi scooters. But a used one IMO would not provide good reliability, especially due to it's lack of parts availability.
ch250 has almost all the imporate parts still out there . clutches , belts , carb parts brake shoes etc. brake drums( take alot of time to wear one out) , floor mats , panels and maybe some cables are harder to find. Near new ones sometimes show up . By that I mean from 500 miles ( not often ) to 4000 miles. By no means are they common with lower mileage but 7 to 15 000 mile one do show up. Strangely with a bit of wielding for the upper shock mount you can fit the engine in a helix .
Old 06-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #24
kdude OP
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
When I learn of the sh300 my first thought was Can we stuff the engine in sh150 . Fly over for a vacation . Find a wrenched sh300 and take the engine home in your luggage the engine . Oh well this is the shit you get when companies makes chooses by focus groups.

That is my dream bike ... we think so much alike !