Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > British Beasts: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #20521
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,567
I went to a dealership yesterday to get rid of my wrench reminder. I asked about installing roadie wheels & roadie tune onto my XC ABS. The tech agreed that it should work perfect to compensate for the 19" front wheel, but he didn't believe the XC would accept the roadie tune. So, we tried to load the roadie ABS tune & it WORKS! I have not put a 19" on & run the roadie tune yet. Sorry, but I plan to redo my suspension first. However, I feel confident that I'll have a set of roadie wheels soon.

In theory, load the roadie ABS tune & install mag wheels.
Load XC ABS tune & install spoked wheels with knobbies of course.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #20522
RonPogi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
I went to a dealership yesterday to get rid of my wrench reminder. I asked about installing roadie wheels & roadie tune onto my XC ABS. The tech agreed that it should work perfect to compensate for the 19" front wheel, but he didn't believe the XC would accept the roadie tune. So, we tried to load the roadie ABS tune & it WORKS! I have not put a 19" on & run the roadie tune yet. Sorry, but I plan to redo my suspension first. However, I feel confident that I'll have a set of roadie wheels soon.

I used this OUTEX and this is how I installed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3295921&type=3
RonPogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #20523
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:

Don't think the front wheel will fit
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #20524
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Don't think the front wheel will fit
That would be a bummer but lacing up a 19" wheel is always an option.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #20525
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Guys, I switched from the arrow tune back to the standard tune a few days ago. I'm using the Leo can always have the quite core installed. All I can say is "I should have done this a long time ago". Immediately after installing the newest standard XC ABS tune, I rode hard. I revved out the gears & rode 80+ mph for over 2hrs. This exact type of riding would get me 28 mpg average w/the old arrow tune. This tank of gas I got just over 42 mpg. That's a huge difference considering the best mpg I ever got w/the old arrow tune was 42 mpg. And that was really trying to get the most out of a tank. FYI, I reset the adaptations many times with the old tune but it never seemed to help my mpg.

The T8 does not pull as hard now with the standard tune but it is very minute. The popping on decel has returned but frankly I missed it. I don't get black stuff on my tail pipe anymore. I'm completely happy getting 42 mpg riding like an idiot. When I filled up the computer eventually said 201 miles to empty. I've never seen that before.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #20526
Meteos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Guys, I switched from the arrow tune back to the standard tune a few days ago. I'm using the Leo can always have the quite core installed. All I can say is "I should have done this a long time ago". Immediately after installing the newest standard XC ABS tune, I rode hard. I revved out the gears & rode 80+ mph for over 2hrs. This exact type of riding would get me 28 mpg average w/the old arrow tune. This tank of gas I got just over 42 mpg. That's a huge difference considering the best mpg I ever got w/the old arrow tune was 42 mpg. And that was really trying to get the most out of a tank. FYI, I reset the adaptations many times with the old tune but it never seemed to help my mpg.

The T8 does not pull as hard now with the standard tune but it is very minute. The popping on decel has returned but frankly I missed it. I don't get black stuff on my tail pipe anymore. I'm completely happy getting 42 mpg riding like an idiot. When I filled up the computer eventually said 201 miles to empty. I've never seen that before.
So do you think that this set up would increase fuel efficiency while driving in the 65mph range? I usually get close to 50-55mpg at that speed. Would a Leo can and the standard tune get me over 60mpg? That would be nice....or does it not work that way?
Meteos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #20527
Jblk9695
AKA-Crazy Old Man

Oddometer: 251
Quote:

I have the same results on my roadie. I like the popping on decel too. I get about the same mileage as you and if I short shift and don't twist the crap out of the throttle I have gotten just about 54 miles per gal, not to shabby.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #20528
sammon287
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Are there no ill effects of running the aftermarket exhaust with stock tune? I read a lot of posts and have not come to a conclusion. I'm satisfied with the performance and happy with my mileage, but would like to hear the triple sound a little more. I know I wouldn't feel it, but shedding a couple pounds to compensate for other accessories would be a mental bonus for me. I traded an Fjr1300 for the Tiger 800 to get a lighter feel and have added a few pounds in parts already. I like the look of the Leo Vinci can better than the huge stock one.
sammon287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #20529
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,813
Quote:

I tried the Arrow tune with my Leo when I first got it and it use 10% more fuel for a small gain in performance. As a touring rider I wanted the better fuel consumption so changed it back. I did a mixed roads ride the other day and all the fuel receipts worked out in the upper 50s(UK)mpg. I'm sometimes seeing 220 to empty immediately after filling.
And Rob, resetting the adaptions is the wrong thing to do. That feature is there to allow the ECU to learn and adapt to things like altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammon287 View Post
Are there no ill effects of running the aftermarket exhaust with stock tune? I read a lot of posts and have not come to a conclusion.
No ill effcts at all. These cans are designed to run with the standard tune. All they do is open things up a bit and let out a bit more noise.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #20530
swimmer
armchair asshole

Many people are running after market exhausts with the standard tune. Like others have said, never heard of any issues.

I've not heard of anyone running the standard tune with the Arrow exhaust. Anybody doing this?
Old 06-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #20531
swimmer
armchair asshole

If anyone has a spare passenger seat I am interested in buying it.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #20532
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 6,032
Stock exhaust, stock tune...get almost 50 at 75-78 hiway. No guessing for offroading.

So my regular Saturday when we're not traveling by bike or RV is Cars & Coffee in Irvine at 7am and walk the show, some awfully cool stuff to see that one could drive, even the new Toyota FT1 was there last week. By 8 to 8:30 everyone is pulling out so then I ride down to Laguna Beach and up PCH to Newport and home - it's about an hour ride. Today up PCH in Corona Del Mar I cut a few cars at one of the lights to another bike and it's a Tiger XC. Whoa. Then I realize its DOXBIKE but I dont' think he realizes who I am. He stopped said he was riding to Malibu to ride the canyons and wanted to know how long I had my bike.

browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #20533
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
If anyone has a spare passenger seat I am interested in buying it.
PM BajaDad. He replaced his w/ a fuel tank, so he might still have the seat.
2008 Suzuki SV650n (Sold... I miss that bike...)
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #20534
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
No, I didn't reaize it was you. I saw the hint of a mustache, so that threw me. Besides, your bike was obscenely clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Stock exhaust, stock tune...get almost 50 at 75-78 hiway. No guessing for offroading.

So my regular Saturday when we're not traveling by bike or RV is Cars & Coffee in Irvine at 7am and walk the show, some awfully cool stuff to see that one could drive, even the new Toyota FT1 was there last week. By 8 to 8:30 everyone is pulling out so then I ride down to Laguna Beach and up PCH to Newport and home - it's about an hour ride. Today up PCH in Corona Del Mar I cut a few cars at one of the lights to another bike and it's a Tiger XC. Whoa. Then I realize its DOXBIKE but I dont' think he realizes who I am. He stopped said he was riding to Malibu to ride the canyons and wanted to know how long I had my bike.

doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:51 AM   #20535
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
And Rob, resetting the adaptions is the wrong thing to do. That feature is there to allow the ECU to learn and adapt to things like altitude.
So, letting my Tiger idle for 12 minutes is the wrong thing to do? I live at sea level.