User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #151
Maineroot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Anyone need a used roadbook setup?

Bought for the 2013 Mexican 1000. Used 4 days. No dents, cracks or anything out of the ordinary. Slight clouding of the plexiglass, you know.

Kit contents:
  • ICO Racing Rallye VRL odometer with thumb switch
  • F2R RB730 roadbook reader with thumb switch
  • RMS Support Bracket
  • Full switched fuse kit for harness

http://www.rallymanagementservices.c...navigation-kit

$550 OBO

Contact me at matt@maineroot.com for info etc.
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #152
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineroot View Post
Glad to hear you are doing well- PM me your address, I need to send you a care package and thank you for all the spare fuel you "spared" me at this year's event!

haha....i remember putting gas (that i trucked from ensenada) in this bike, not sure if it was on this stage.

congrats on the great finish....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #153
Maineroot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Yep that was me...

Had a great race on a bike we bought off Craig's list in San Diego a few days before the race start. Stone bone stock xr650r.

Prep for the race -Put air in the (sketchy)tires, and filled the stock tank with fuel. I ran out of gas at least 3 times on course, and got hit by a car on the last day and ended up 2nd overall and 2nd for Modern Open bikes. It can be done.

Great to see all the bike guys sticking together. That's what makes the event so fantastic. There is almost not a bad seed in the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
haha....i remember putting gas (that i trucked from ensenada) in this bike, not sure if it was on this stage.

congrats on the great finish....
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #154
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,063
Well done Matt!

The camaraderie of all of the racers makes the NORRA race so much fun!!
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #155
Johnnymoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
so cool that you came in 2nd on the CL bike - that's just The Best!
Johnnymoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #156
Johnnymoto
Adventurer

No Larry I cant swing it, I wish I could, honda is pending sale... I'm doing the Alcan 5000, and the store keeps me busy, I'll be back in Baja in Nov, on my DRZ, gonna go trail ride for a few days and then watch the start of the 1000. I've never been in Ensenada for SCORE so that will be new and cool.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #157
Johnnymoto
Adventurer

baja rally looks like it'll be the event to hit this year, bummed I can't swing it!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #158
steved57
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Johnny if you guys have room for another rider I might want to trail ride in Baja with you all in November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymoto View Post
No Larry I cant swing it, I wish I could, honda is pending sale... I'm doing the Alcan 5000, and the store keeps me busy, I'll be back in Baja in Nov, on my DRZ, gonna go trail ride for a few days and then watch the start of the 1000. I've never been in Ensenada for SCORE so that will be new and cool.
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto
2010 KTM RC8
steved57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #159
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 292
Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #160
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

PRESS RELEASE HERE

BAJA RALLY ADDS NEW CLASS FOR ADV EXPERTS
BAJA RALLY OPENS “ADV EXPERT” CLASS
ENSENADA BAJA CA MEXICO-Bajarallymoto.com officially announced today the addition of an “Adventure Bike” class to the 2014 BAJA RALLY 2.0 taking place here this September 24-28. The new “ADV EXPERT” class includes modified adventure bikes ranging from 700cc-1000cc and is generally targeted toward BMW F800GS and KTM 990. There is also a strict approval process that both riders and bikes must complete before being officially entered. Applicants simply email their resume and references and will be screened for racing experience, overall skills and must be pre-approved prior to being given a riding number.

“The BAJA RALLY is no joke. It will be hard and safety is our top priority,” explained rally director Scotty Breauxman, “we have a subjective process for accepting riders into this new class and it was designed to include only the most qualified riders in the world. It’s not like any John Doe can just show up in Ensenada and enter the rally on a KTM 990. I think most riders would be overly challenged by the extra weight and I can’t see any advantage of riding a 990 over a 450 because the routes have some fairly technical sections.”

The perfect example of the prime target for the ADV Expert class is Canadian racer Radek Burkat who became the first entrant to be accepted into this new elite class. The well rounded Burkat had a noble showing at the King Of The Motos, a Baja 1000 finish and plenty of big bike riding experience. He also completed professional rally navigation training earlier this season.

“We’re particularly excited about expanding the field to include these big bikes and the expert riders,” Breauxman concludes, “This is an important group that keeps growing and getting more relevant. These are the same riders who will be following the stage routes as spectators of BAJA RALLY events several years from now.”

The “ADV”, or “adventure touring” segment is the fastest growing of any sub-market in the North American motorcycle industry and powered by 40-60 year old males with mean annual incomes of $80,000+. More information at ADV Moto Magazine

The BAJA RALLY is the first and only “road-book” navigation-based rally raid for motorcycles only In Baja CA, Mexico. Taking place over 5 days in Septemebr (24-28), the BAJA RALLY features 4 days of off-road rally motorcycle racing over 800 miles of timed special stages and non-timed transfer stages. Likened to a traveling, cultural human experience, the rapidly growing BAJA RALLY 2.0 is the closest thing to the Dakar Rally to take place in North America.

To apply to race the BAJA RALLY 2.0 in the ADV Expert Class
Send a resume and references to BAJA RALLY

Scotty Breauxman screwed with this post 06-23-2014 at 06:40 PM
Old 06-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #161
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
Scotty at the Touratech Rally 2014 in Plain, WA the last 3 days.
My Quest 690 is the booth bike.

and testing the new secret Honda CRF250L Rally Bike

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #162
Super Dave Hawaii
Ain't Dead Yet!

Oddometer: 228
Baja Rally 2.0

Garmin 62S GPS on sale for $199.00 at GPS City online. $150.00 off regular price.
I Know cause just paid $249.00 last month on sale.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #163
KTRMN8R
Sand Camel

Oddometer: 1,213
Cool2

This looks cool!

God Bless & Godspeed!
KTRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #164
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Mileage Range Increased to 150

Riders,
Just wrapping one of the longer day's stages and seeing that its 236km /147mi between fuel stops...We are looking for a solution but can't be guaranteed one. Therefore riders should be prepared to carry fuel on a few specials....

Mileage range increased to 150 mi. on the website today and announced to the current field. Those considering entry should consider this new information.

For the tuareg rally, riders use the Giant Loop "mojavi" bag to carrier up to 2 liters of liquids (water and/or fuel)

Our medics and sweep guys are running the mojavi, its lightweight and comes on and off really easy. Riders with less than 150 mi range should plan (until further notice) to carry enough surplus fuel for a total of 150 mi.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #165
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Still working on the fuel range thing and may solve the problem soon enough.

On another note, anyone interested at helping (riding) verifying stages and testing our scoring and safety systems please read:

Hey amigos- We are having a BAJA RALLY shakedown event in Ensenada a week from this friday and we are short handed on qualified test riders. We are looking for top quality, committed riders with GPS experience.

Test riders will follow a GPS track all day on Saturday July 26th from Ensenada. There will be both paved transfer sections and off road dirt sections.

We really need about 6-8 riders total and we are only halfway there at the moment.

The assignment has perks, paid gas from Ensenada Hotel room and dinner friday. Breakfast and dinner Saturday.

*Riders must have bike mounted GPS.
*100 miles fuel range.

If you are interested or know someone who is qualified, please send a PM