Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #16
Houseoffubar
fine beer sampler

Oddometer: 1,758
I know Tim! Don't talk to that guy, he is crazy!

Just kidding! He loves all thing old, and has lots of neat old bikes, or he did, I have not talked to him in years. Good guy to be sure, but crazy
Old 01-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseoffubar View Post
I know Tim! Don't talk to that guy, he is crazy!

Just kidding! He loves all thing old, and has lots of neat old bikes, or he did, I have not talked to him in years. Good guy to be sure, but crazy
He actually sent his NSU's bottom ends (at least one) to some guy in the mid west who had some odd-ball factory tools for a re-build.

Tim's a great guy for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
Mr. B. OP
Climate Controlled

Oddometer: 132
Its still sitting!!

I received some original paperwork and manuals from the PO. Seems like most parts are available for the Fox, but are $$$$ out of Europe. Still trying to decide where to go with this bike. Thanks for all the good info!!
Mr. B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #19
isdt BMW
willserv@aol.com

Oddometer: 236
old nsu

I have two, a 1909 544cc Deluxe 2 speed belt drive, and a 1936 501-OSL Supersport, high pipe, 4 speed, foot shift
Restoring the 09 from a rusty pile of parts, it is coming along nicely. Both are great quality, well built machines.
isdt BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
knuckle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
NSU that was my first two wheel ride. It was a used Quickly. Throttle cable was broke on it when I got it part of the cable was still on the carb so I had to pull on the cable to work the throttle learned how to ride with one hand.
knuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #21
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
I think we need a bump. BUMP!
nsu max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #22
jim825
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I got one!

I've got a 1958 NSU Supermax. I rode on the back of this bike as a kid of 13. Forrest, the owner, gave it to me just for asking him about it. I'm 69 years old now with a king size project on my hands. It's painted in what they call Christiana Blue with white pinstripes. I've spent about $1600 so far with Motorrad Stemler in Germany on parts. They have everything I needed in stock. I don't think the parts are expensive even with shipping from Germany, just don't use UPS for shipping "cause they hose you real good. Regular German post is good and our post office delivers to my door.
I'm not going to "restore" the bike. It took years to acquire the patina and a bike can only be original once. It's going to be a runner and I hope to do some Motogiro (sp?) events with it. I'll post pics when the program gets rolling.
Good luck with yours.

Jim
jim825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #23
Mr. B. OP
Climate Controlled

Oddometer: 132
Thanks for the bump. I havent looked at this thread in years. Its nice to know that others are still interested in these bikes. I would still like to get this bike on the road. If I do, I plan on just working on the mechanics and leaving the patina alone.
Mr. B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #24
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

I read once that NSU had three new 1953 250 Max' that were completly chrome plated in the 1953 New York Motorcycle show. Does anybody have an idea if thats true and or any photos of them.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #25
jberg98n
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Restoration question

We have a SuperMax Scrambler that is in dire need of a thorough and professional restoration... Anybody have any suggestions?
jberg98n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #26
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

Personally I don't have a clue. After cosmeticaly totally screwing up a nice original '53 Standard Max 35 years ago, I'm going to do a better job this time. The gods command that I make amends for me stupid ways.