ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
tomasv OP
Check the Czech!

Oddometer: 303
WA day trips

I have started this thread because I would love to see more reports on day trips in WA. I know we are all riding but very few GPS tracks or maps for others to get inspired.

Proposed format:

Distance:
Time it took:
% of dirt vs asphalt
Bike you were riding
Map or GPS tracks attached or at least link to Gmap or Garmin Connect
Pictures (optional)
tomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
tomasv OP
Check the Czech!

410 to Naches

So let me start with a couple...

I was hoping to find another way from 410 to I90 other than 7036, and before Cliffdell. Unfortunately bad maps and lot's of dead ends, you can see them on the map. But very nice return over 410 back home with view of Rainier!

I tried to get up on the 947 trail in Naches but hit a big root and I am glad I changed the stock shifter to the soft steel Touratech - it was literally over my peg. I was able to get down and get help to straighten it like new but since I was solo I was not in a mood to tray to get on another trail that might be dead end.

Time it took: 7.5 hours
20% dirt
BMW G650 Xcountry

Attached Files
File Type: gpx 410 TO NACHES-2.GPX (949.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
tomasv OP
Check the Czech!

I90 to Naches back to I90

This was a great trip! But caution towards the end I didn't have the correct map and the Quartz creek road is closed. There was an open gate from my direction but sign and closed gate on the other side! Please find an alternate route. Same goes for the area coming to South Cle Elum - the 24k topo GPS routed me through what I am guessing used be public roads and now looked more like snowmobiling trails. Steep, narrow and hard for bigger bikes. I ended up on a private road that took me what looked like million dollar houses in South Cle Elum.

I was also hoping to see the airport strip on NF 52 but the gate now prohibits even biking, only walking is allowed - not sure why?!

There are plenty of alternate routes from Cliffdell up to the plateau and down to Taneum, not sure if after looking at the map someone can suggest something more scenic...

Time it took: 11.5 hours with only 1x 15 minute break for food (full day, I started at 1PM in Snoqualmie)
90% dirt if you remove the I90 section
BMW G650 Xcountry

Since they don't allow zip files here the GPX is here as it's too big: http://www.filedropper.com/i90-410-i90

tomasv screwed with this post 07-30-2014 at 02:49 PM
Old 08-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
tomasv OP
Check the Czech!

Hmm guys, not many other posts, is there not enough interest in this or are you guarding your "secret" roads?
Old 08-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #5
tomasv OP
Check the Czech!

Cle Elum Ridge -> Liberty - Wanatchee - Elensburg

Time it took: 12.45 hours with only 2x 20 minute break for food

90% dirt if you remove the I90 section
353 miles
BMW G650 Xcountry

Started on Cle Elum Ridge - mix of FS roads and trails (yeah I know the Xcountry is not a great trail bike and I got a bit scared on some of the downhills but it was fun!) Did the small loop -> Cle Elum for gas and lunch -> Liberty and up to Lion rock. Went down one of the roads since it looked liked a trail could connect me but had to turn back as the trail wasn't really there. Continued to Devils Gulch but because the mission creek seemed to be still closed and seen 2 rangers went to Behive reservoir -> Wanatchee for gas and returned via Colockum 4x4 road to Elensburg.

No active fires but lots of after dropping from Lion Rock!

GPX: http://www.filedropper.com/cleelumri...erty-wanatchee