ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #256
BMWMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Clean your bike!

While many of us believe that a ride in the rain is the way to clean your bike there are reasons to actually get out the soap and water. Avoiding this is one of the best ones...
Untitled

As you know we have huge events going on at South Sound Motorcycles through August 2nd. Giveaways, contests, events, etc etc.

Tomorrow, JULY 12th, is bike swap so if you have a bike to sell give us a call today! 253.922.2004 and ask for Dale. Also come down early to get the first view of what folks have brought in.

AND at 10am tomorrow we'll have the fine folks from Griot's Garage showing how to detail bikes. Not just about making your bike shine, keeping your bike clean can help you avoid nasty and expensive problems.

KFG Suspension will be here as well to help you set up your suspension (stop hating washboard roads!) AND Curb Jumper Street Eats will be here serving delicious sliders from 11am-3pm. That's the food truck you see at Backfire so you know how good they are!

Hope you'll join us folks!

South Sound Motorcycles
3605 20th Street E, Fife WA 98424
BMWMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #257
BMWMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Day of Dirt is this weekend!

Hey all, day of dirt is this weekend. Klim, Touratech, BDR and PSSOR will be here. We'll be doing a giveaway and promotions related to dual sport riding AND we have a couple of great presentations:

Come visit PSSOR for two free presentations at their booth this weekend at our Day of Dirt. PSSOR specializes in training Adventure riders and dual sport enthusiast to travel on the trails and back roads around Washington and around the world. They will have staff available throughout the day to talk about the exciting events and programs they offer including the fully supported training tour along the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route.

11 am Christina Neiss presents techniques on when and how to stand properly while riding offroad.
2 pm Chrisitina Neiss offers tips and tricks on selecting proper outdoor gear for camping travel and the occasional hike away from the bike

PLUS we'll have a great food truck joining us. So stop by!
BMWMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #258
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,561
I live in Issaquah and need to have a tire mounted on my DR650.

Looking at Google, I-90 motorsports seems closest.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a tire mounted?

thx

(I know I need to learn how to do this myself, but now is not the time - I'm in between houses and just want to get the bike on the road.)
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #259
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2 View Post
I live in Issaquah and need to have a tire mounted on my DR650.

Looking at Google, I-90 motorsports seems closest.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a tire mounted?

thx

(I know I need to learn how to do this myself, but now is not the time - I'm in between houses and just want to get the bike on the road.)
I-90 has rates that are competitive (or cheaper than) with other bike shops; Just take the wheel there to have the new tire mounted.

No affiliation . . . . . .

Your welcome.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #260
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercat View Post
I-90 has rates that are competitive (or cheaper than) with other bike shops; Just take the wheel there to have the new tire mounted.

No affiliation . . . . . .

Your welcome.
Several pages back there is a post from Faustus , he did a good job for me .

On Mondays only other option is Seattle cycle center or Touratech .

Also try Alex Moto , he has a post in this thread .
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=201
Old 07-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #261
Faustus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
Several pages back there is a post from Faustus , he did a good job for me .
Thanks!

Yeah I'm a bit out of your way but I have great hours since I swap tires out of my garage. M-F evenings and anytime on the weekends. I am located in the Mill Creek area.

$25/wheel off the bike for mount and balance.

Let me know if I can help! Was just out mtb riding at duthie today too bad I didnt see your post and we could have hooked up...

Santiago
425-773-9317 cell/txt
Highside@gmail.com

Faustus screwed with this post 07-27-2014 at 08:47 PM
Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #262
Thinc2
Paciugo

Thanks for the responses. Faustus - I haven't ordered the tire yet - let me see how my schedule works out in regards to coming to your place or whether i go more local. I'm brand new to the area (still in temp housing), so I thought you were further away than you actually are - looks to be about 30 minutes each way. Clearly I'd rather go with you and know it's going to be done right.

Thanks all.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #263
Faustus
Gnarly Adventurer

Roger that, hit me up anytime!

Santiago
Old 08-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #264
tims01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Hi all,
owner at Rowe Plumbing and Drain here

I am doing a coupon special this week only

the coupon special includes,
no service (charge $20 saving)s and this $50 off coupon on any bill $200 or more

*must print out coupon

this week only 8-4-2014 to 8-10-2014

Call us today 360-524-2771

this is for southwest washington ( clark county and surrounding areas)

small tidbit About my company and me
We provide quality plumbing services with up-front pricing to both commercial and residential customers.I currently serve the Clark County area.

Our/my mission is to provide quality plumbing services with up-front pricing to both commercial and residential customers.

I have been in the Clark County community since 2009 and have been plumbing since 2003. I learned my trade in the United States Air Force from Dec 2002 - Dec 2006. When I got out, I went to Seattle, Washington and worked as a civilian plumber for a few companies, during this time I refined my skills towards service repair and remodel plumbing work. I currently service the Clark County area with 10 plus years of experience. Veteran owned and family operated.
I am just a one man shop so it will be me who comes to your house, and me or my wife that answers the phones.

I am well experienced in both Residential and Commercial plumbing. If you have an emergency I can handle it. I am knowledgeable in drains, drips, clogs, water heaters (replacement and repairs), toilets (replacement and repairs), Kitchen and bathroom’s (sinks and faucets and drains), rooter service, water pressure adjustment, water line repair, broken pipes, leaks, garbage disposals and more.

call 360-524-2771 for service today or email my company email at Troweplumbing@gmail.com

and as always ride safe.

p.s. and as soon as i get my tiger up and running i will see you all out on the trail

tims01 screwed with this post 08-04-2014 at 03:16 PM
tims01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #265
daiberl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
Thanks!

Yeah I'm a bit out of your way but I have great hours since I swap tires out of my garage. M-F evenings and anytime on the weekends. I am located in the Mill Creek area.

$25/wheel off the bike for mount and balance.

Let me know if I can help! Was just out mtb riding at duthie today too bad I didnt see your post and we could have hooked up...

Santiago
425-773-9317 cell/txt
Highside@gmail.com
Just got my new Heidenaus mounted from Santiago, great service, quick, and got a few very good tips for the upcoming trip to Alaska, strongly recommend him!
daiberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #266
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
Thanks!

Santiago
425-773-9317 cell/txt
Highside@gmail.com
Called Sunday afternoon just to set a time during the week to drop by on my way home from work, Santiago said, come on by this afternoon if you want. Headed out, mount, balance good conversation, great service. Tire back on bike and did not have to mess around during the busy work week or dropping it off at the dealer for an all day turn around on a Saturday.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #267
hart
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Thanks Santiago

Nice wet ride home..... it feels qweird to have a real tire on the bike.... thanks for the service.... Highly recommend
hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #268
Faustus
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey man, was great meeting you and swapping tales!

Appreciate all the positive feedback, I'm having a blast getting everyone on the road and making new friends!

Ride safe-

El Swap-O Santiago
Old 09-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #269
Thinc2
Paciugo

Anyone have a suggestion on where I can get a trailer hitch installed on my RX350? Lexus dealer wants a fortune...

Edit: Sorry - this is Eastside Seattle area - Bellevue/Issaquah.

Thinc2 screwed with this post 09-29-2014 at 01:23 PM
Old 09-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #270
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2 View Post
Anyone have a suggestion on where I can get a trailer hitch installed on my RX350? Lexus dealer wants a fortune...
Edit: Sorry - this is Eastside Seattle area - Bellevue/Issaquah.
No direct experience, but I was impressed with what I saw from these guys at a bike expo a couple of years ago. Worth a call, I'd say.....
Guano11 is online now   Reply With Quote