Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
oldfuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
haven't been successful getting folks together… its a 1,500 mile one way trip for me and at this point would need to do an ironman pit crewless with a mongrel super plush/racetech suspension and stock headlight (unless I use my Marathon Rally Raid HIDs… think that fairing would block too much vision though)… if only I could find a suspension and lighting sponsor ... looking like next year for me.
oldfuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #17
FalloutMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
What is the course like? Right now I live across the pond in Japan but if luck favors me I'll be WA sometime in the fall of 2015. Granted I don't have a whole lotta off road experience with my 990 (it was my only means of transport so I didn't want to break it) but I'm thinking of finally riding the bike the way I intended to once I return stateside and buy myself a commuter car (the cost of TKC 80s per month would probably exceed my car payment if I rode to work on it ).
Old 08-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,154
haven't been successful getting folks together… its a 1,500 mile one way trip for me and at this point would need to do an ironman pit crewless with a mongrel super plush/racetech suspension and stock headlight (unless I use my Marathon Rally Raid HIDs… think that fairing would block too much vision though)… if only I could find a suspension and lighting sponsor ... looking like next year for me.

That was the problem with us heading to the 24 hr at Perry Mountain, just a long way to go and a short time to get there
If someone was nuts enough to Iron man this race on a big bike we would make sure they had the support they needed
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #19
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalloutMan View Post
What is the course like? Right now I live across the pond in Japan but if luck favors me I'll be WA sometime in the fall of 2015. Granted I don't have a whole lotta off road experience with my 990 (it was my only means of transport so I didn't want to break it) but I'm thinking of finally riding the bike the way I intended to once I return stateside and buy myself a commuter car (the cost of TKC 80s per month would probably exceed my car payment if I rode to work on it ).
Look us up when you get in town.
The course itself isn't to bad, its very fast in some sections, extremely rocky in others and chopped up like crazy in others, then there is my favorite sections, freshly mowed grass, Too much fun on a open class bike!!!!
Few real jumps, nothing really over 4 ft high.
However, if it rains it turns into a almost impassable course with very few finishers in any class. That's happened twice in the last 4 years.
If it rains us guys on the ADV bikes are screwed in a big way.
1-800-624-0278
Old 09-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #20
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,511
OK, I want in. Anyone have an ADV bike team that needs another rider? Or are there about 4 other guys who want to join me?

Come on guys, this will be fun!!!!!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #21
tour
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
hi guys
not to hijack your thread but on the ADVMoto cover there is says
AMAGEZA RALLY original spirit of Dakar in South Africa.
It is happening in 1 months time here in SA and is a 5 day rally this year with a few international riders and also possibly a training rally to Dakar, with keen FIA interest this year. worth a view to those interested.
there will be a 990 adv ridden by Kamanya and a 950SE ridden by myself.
big bike rock... love what you guys are doing
tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #22
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
OK, I want in. Anyone have an ADV bike team that needs another rider? Or are there about 4 other guys who want to join me?

That's the spirit, maybe check with Bigwan. I know he wanted to make the trip last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tour View Post
hi guys
not to hijack your thread but on the ADVMoto cover there is says
AMAGEZA RALLY original spirit of Dakar in South Africa.
It is happening in 1 months time here in SA and is a 5 day rally this year with a few international riders and also possibly a training rally to Dakar, with keen FIA interest this year. worth a view to those interested.
there will be a 990 adv ridden by Kamanya and a 950SE ridden by myself.
big bike rock... love what you guys are doing
Excellent. Have a great Rally. I love to see guys pushing the limits on my favorite bikes.
1-800-624-0278
Old 09-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #23
GrenDesb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Too far too soon to have my bike shipped.

If someone is looking for a rider to complete a team and willing to lend a bike, I'd fly there for sure.

I've been looking for such an event locally without luck.
GrenDesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #24
JRod152
will work for tires

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Oh man, how I would love to join in!

Moving & renovating houses right now makes this years event out of my reach. One of these times, I'll make it.

Hope you can gather a team!
Old 09-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #25
Mybrainheadache
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Sign me up !

I can rock the shit out of my 990 offroad.....trouble is..I'm in Ohio....Who needs a rider ?? Hell ! I'd pay 500.00 bucks to get on a team....fly in...race...have fun...fly home....I'm serious !
My Resume' is flat tracking,GNCC's,Motocross,Ice Racing,Enduros,Road Racing and National Senior Trials champ in 1997....Let's Roll !!
Mybrainheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #26
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybrainheadache View Post
I can rock the shit out of my 990 offroad.....trouble is..I'm in Ohio....Who needs a rider ?? Hell ! I'd pay 500.00 bucks to get on a team....fly in...race...have fun...fly home....I'm serious !
My Resume' is flat tracking,GNCC's,Motocross,Ice Racing,Enduros,Road Racing and National Senior Trials champ in 1997....Let's Roll !!
I'm committed to trying to make this work. If I can get a couple of guys to join me on a team (I will NOT be riding Ironman!) I'll let you know. You can fly out and ride as a team member on my SE.

Brent

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM   #27
Mybrainheadache
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
PM Sent

Wow...this would be awesome...here's the plus side of me : )

I can ride the shit out of the big bikes
I am not a freak
I like people
I like to have fun
I have a sense of humor
I know my mechanics so if the thing is acting funny, I would realize it
I would respect your bike and not trash it
I would not hit on your wife or girlfriend
Mybrainheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #28
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
I'm committed to trying to make this work. If I can get a couple of guys to join me on a team (I will NOT be riding Ironman!) I'll let you know. You can fly out and ride as a team member on my SE.

Brent
Brent, if you are serious about this, lets talk!!

Too dang far to haul my SE and all of the support items that would be needed BUT, I could most likely make this work with my schedule if I did a fly and ride. My gears are turning considering all of the potentials needing to be accounted for to make this a success. So far, I'm liking what I see.
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #29
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Brent, if you are serious about this, lets talk!!

Too dang far to haul my SE and all of the support items that would be needed BUT, I could most likely make this work with my schedule if I did a fly and ride. My gears are turning considering all of the potentials needing to be accounted for to make this a success. So far, I'm liking what I see.

O.k. pfdskipper and Pierce (mybrainheadache), here's where I am on this.

With the three of us, we have enough to call it a team and sign up. I think we'll get a couple others to jump on board (I invited Sakurama, and spencergt66 you're in the neighborhood do you have any interest?) so let's talk details.

I don't mind sharing my bike with you guys, but I'd gonna stop it at 3 riders. It needs a little time off! If it's just the three of us, we can just take small breaks between our loops. No problem, no pressure. I'm there to have a competitive good time, but don't rate the success of my weekend by winning (or not).

As a general rule, I loan my bikes on a "you break it, you buy it" policy,
but here is what I mean by that. If the motor lets go (due to mileage, oil filter clog, losses a bearing, etc.) that's on me. If you punch a hole in the case and ride it without oil, that's on you. Swingarm/frame cracks/breaks due to age/fatigue, that's on me. Swingarm breaks or frame bends as a result of a crash, that's on you. Crash and break lights, bars, levers, computers, etc., that's on you. Sound fair? This SE is NOT a garage queen, so I will not be counting scratches. Hell, I can't count that high!

So how does that sound? If it sounds good, look into some flights. I have no idea where you fly into. I will be driving up from my place in NorCal on Fri., so if you guys can fly into somewhere Fri. night, I can probably pick you up at the airport and get you to the track.

Damn, this is starting to sound fun!

Brent

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #30
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
O.k. pfdskipper and Pierce (mybrainheadache), here's where I am on this.

With the three of us, we have enough to call it a team and sign up. I think we'll get a couple others to jump on board (I invited Sakurama, and spencergt66 you're in the neighborhood do you have any interest?) so let's talk details.

I don't mind sharing my bike with you guys, but I'd gonna stop it at 3 riders. It needs a little time off! If it's just the three of us, we can just take small breaks between our loops. No problem, no pressure. I'm there to have a competitive good time, but don't rate the success of my weekend by winning (or not).

As a general rule, I loan my bikes on a "you break it, you buy it" policy,
but here is what I mean by that. If the motor lets go (due to mileage, oil filter clog, losses a bearing, etc.) that's on me. If you punch a hole in the case and ride it without oil, that's on you. Swingarm/frame cracks/breaks due to age/fatigue, that's on me. Swingarm breaks or frame bends as a result of a crash, that's on you. Crash and break lights, bars, levers, computers, etc., that's on you. Sound fair? This SE is NOT a garage queen, so I will not be counting scratches. Hell, I can't count that high!

So how does that sound? If it sounds good, look into some flights. I have no idea where you fly into. I will be driving up from my place in NorCal on Fri., so if you guys can fly into somewhere Fri. night, I can probably pick you up at the airport and get you to the track.

Damn, this is starting to sound fun!

Brent
Those conditions sound fair to me Brent. I will do a bit of research on the logistics and see how the plan looks with real life applied to it. The ball is officially rolling. I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow.
Bob

pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote