User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
HomersfriendCarl OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb Minarelli motor

Thanks in advance for any answers. If you had to buy a scooter from China would a Minarelli type motor be the way to go? Does it have a "QT-50i" type number on the motor? What is the easiest "bang for the buck" way to hop up a 4 stoke 50cc scooter? Has anyone ever had the joy of riding in Capadoccia, Turkey? If not put it on your to-do list. BTW I live in Victoria Canada and the scootin's good here too.

HomersfriendCarl screwed with this post 04-30-2006 at 09:51 PM Reason: happy faces didnt provide o's
HomersfriendCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 AM   #2
RiverRat280
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 751
The Minarelli motor is a 2 stroke and you can get many part for it like 70cc kits and everything else you want. If you want a 4T motor or something a little bigger allot of them have a 150cc GY6 motor that is common and easy to find parts for. Just don't get a Geely or some other crap brand if you go China brand get something like a Vento or a Strada. I just might be buying a Strada RX8i ....basically a Vento Triton with cooler bodywork.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who niether enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

-Theodore Roosevelt
RiverRat280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
HomersfriendCarl OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Minarelli motor

Hello. What bikes have the minarelli motor? I have heard they are "bulletproof" so I am interested in them. Do all Vento's have them? Is this the same as the Yamaha BWS motor style? Thanx
HomersfriendCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Oddometer: 3,816
I don't know exactly which scooters have the Minarelli engine for sure. I have a Yamaha Zuma and Photog tells me it is a Minarelli engine.
I have only had it for a little while, put 650 miles on it so far, runs great no problems at all.
heard good things about Vento and Kymco also.
I would look at the Kymco Super 9 if I was looking again. water cooled 2 stroke, higher top speed.

You might try provoscooter.com might find some info there.