User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
R.Markus OP
Damage Addict

Oddometer: 1,146
Bet & Win 150

Just got a new scoot. It's a Kymco Bet & Win 150.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981
Did you get arrested already?
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,308
OOOooooo!!!!!!

More pics!

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
R.Markus OP
Damage Addict

Oddometer: 1,146
I'll post more when I get time...we're taking it and the Super 9 to the AMA Superbike races at Elkhart Lake on Saturday. SO I should have some good pics then.

We've only had it for about an hour.

My wife want's me to get one also, so the Super 9 might come up for sale sometime. The 50 would be too hard to ride from here to Deals Gap (it would take longer than I have time off anyway).
Old 06-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Markus
I'll post more when I get time...we're taking it and the Super 9 to the AMA Superbike races at Elkhart Lake on Saturday. SO I should have some good pics then.

We've only had it for about an hour.

My wife want's me to get one also, so the Super 9 might come up for sale sometime. The 50 would be too hard to ride from here to Deals Gap (it would take longer than I have time off anyway).
I'd gladly ride mine to and through the mountains...but, damn, I'd need a week or two to do it.

Sounds like a neat scoot. SWMBO has been so happy with the Super 9 that I think she'd probably consider the B&W 150 over the Vespa if the numbers worked out. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 AM   #6
krismark
Scooter Hooligan

Oddometer: 10
Wink

It is technically my scooter, but we manage to share nicely in our house. (He's let me hog the Super 9 until now). I really, REALLY like this scooter so far. It takes off quick and doesn't lose power in the hills. It hasn't been de-restricted or anything yet, but it will get to 60mph quick and go slightly over. The speedo goes to 90mph, so I bet it will get there once it has been let loose. It has great brakes like the Super 9, and handles even better than it. The only thing I kind of dislike is that my long legs feel a bit cramped, and the seat is shaped so that I can't just scoot back on to the passenger portion. It's not bad though.

I took it to show my sister today, and she wasn't home, but I passed her going down the road. I turned around and caught up with her pretty quickly on a moderately hilly road. Her husband was shocked that I caught up with the since they were doing over 50.

I can definitely see it being capable of Deal's Gap, including the trip to get there. I wonder if it is legal to ride on the Interstate anywhere. Hmmmm.

krismark screwed with this post 06-02-2006 at 02:20 AM
krismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
RiverRat280
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismark
It is technically my scooter, but we manage to share nicely in our house. (He's let me hog the Super 9 until now). I really, REALLY like this scooter so far. It takes off quick and doesn't lose power in the hills. It hasn't been de-restricted or anything yet, but it will get to 60mph quick and go slightly over. The speedo goes to 90mph, so I bet it will get there once it has been let loose. It has great brakes like the Super 9, and handles even better than it. The only thing I kind of dislike is that my long legs feel a bit cramped, and the seat is shaped so that I can't just scoot back on to the passenger portion. It's not bad though.

I took it to show my sister today, and she wasn't home, but I passed her going down the road. I turned around and caught up with her pretty quickly on a moderately hilly road. Her husband was shocked that I caught up with the since they were doing over 50.

I can definitely see it being capable of Deal's Gap, including the trip to get there. I wonder if it is legal to ride on the Interstate anywhere. Hmmmm.
Lets see some more pics, doin wheelies yet? How tall are you? What have you found is the top comfortable cruising speed, can you sit and ride for a long time at 60?
I've been looking at scoots for the wife once we move but not sure yet what we'll get. I'm getting a Stella but she likes the Piaggio BV250 but that Bet & Win 150 is much cheaper and still looks uber cool. She wants something small or at least no maxi scoot but something capable of 60 so she can ride the highways comfortably.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who niether enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

-Theodore Roosevelt
RiverRat280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
krismark
Scooter Hooligan

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat280
Lets see some more pics, doin wheelies yet? How tall are you? What have you found is the top comfortable cruising speed, can you sit and ride for a long time at 60?
I've been looking at scoots for the wife once we move but not sure yet what we'll get. I'm getting a Stella but she likes the Piaggio BV250 but that Bet & Win 150 is much cheaper and still looks uber cool. She wants something small or at least no maxi scoot but something capable of 60 so she can ride the highways comfortably.
Unfortunately I don't have it plated yet, so I can't do a lot of "public" riding right now. I am 5'9" and have a 34" inseam. I think my hubby who is the same height but with shorter legs fits it about perfectly. It's super-nimble and it gets up to 60 quickly. We haven't de-restricted it yet, so it won't do much over 60 right now. I plan on riding it on the highway to work. It's plenty capable.

I can't wait to put some more miles on it and get the engine broken in. I hear the engines get faster and very smooth with break-in. I'm excited to see what it will do then.

They are certainly worth a look. Parts are easy to get (as if you would ever need them). I lost my gas cap and the dealer ordered one from Kymco. I got it in just a couple days. I don't know about Piaggio. We don't really have any dealers nearby.
krismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:18 AM   #9
JohnTM
I suck toes

Oddometer: 29,206
Congrats to you both on the new baby(scoot)!

I do hope that's YOUR cruiser in the background...
JohnTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #10
brockster
Despair & Repair Garage

Oddometer: 2,042
You made a great chocie! The Bet & Wins are the speedsters of the Kymco clan.

"
Man whoever came up with Ronald McDonald was dropping some serious acid.
." - SpoonKiller / tiotalruckus.com

brockster is offline   Reply With Quote