User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
BeemerBerg OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Question Garmin 2720/2730/2820 customizable?

One thing I really liked about my Streetpilot 2610 is the ability to customize the configuration of the "map screen". The ability to see the MPH, ETA, miles to destination and altitude was very nice. But in all the screen shots I've seen of the "new generatioin", I could not tell if this feature is still avilaable.

Can any of you new owners of 27xx or 28xx series answer this? Maybe some screen shots?

I really like the altitude feature. I like to know how high I am.
BeemerBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,423
As far as I can tell, no, the tabs aren't customizable. I don't own one, but I use a 2720 a lot. Never found the tab custmization setup if it exists.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:00 AM   #3
sterfry
Jackleg

Oddometer: 173
It is customizable. From the main menu go to SETTINGS -> MAP -> MAP DATA FIELDS -> NEXT. You can customize the fields there. The following screen shots are from a 2720 running software version 6.0.

sterfry screwed with this post 04-30-2014 at 05:39 PM
sterfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:54 AM   #4
Meathead
tin man

Oddometer: 16,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterfry
It is customizable. From the main menu go to SETTINGS -> MAP -> MAP DATA FIELDS -> NEXT. You can customize the fields there. The following screen shots are from a 2720 running software version 6.0.
A co-worker has a 2720, and has been asking me to try to figure this out. How do I find out which software version he's running, and how do I update it if he needs to?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:11 AM   #5
sterfry
Jackleg

Oddometer: 173
To see the software version start from the main menu and go to SETTINGS -> ABOUT -> STREETPILOT.

The software is updated by Garmin WebUpdater which comes on a CD included with the GPS. You can also download WebUpdater and/or the software updates directly from the Garmin website.