Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #61
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace
...but I did get it up to 65 OK, it was down hill

Mine was doing around 65 to 70 when I fragged the motor...

Quote:
You haven't lived until you have railed a scooter. I took one curve that I knew at about 25 over it's posted speed, nothing for the GT, but shit on 10" wheels, tiny wheel base and zippo rake, it's a hoot.

That's it in a nutshell!!
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #62
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1150GSA
Hey, PhilSpace, let me take a crack at welding it. I've never welded before but, c'mon, how hard could it be? I'm good at stuff like that.
I can weld, and braze/drive a torch, but I think I will buy my own cheap MIG before heading up there and letting you tattoo her

At least I don't ride a cheap copy, like a Stella. Our's is the REAL thing.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #63
R1150GSA
Saint "Alloy"sius

Oddometer: 26,174
Quote:
I can weld, and braze/drive a torch, but I think I will buy my own cheap MIG before heading up there and letting you tattoo her

Here's an idea. Why don't you weld your mouth shut so I don't have to listen to your nonsense anymore?

Good idea?
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #64
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,319
More farkle ordered, I need to call Scootworks and SCOMO to get some things cleared up on little bits here and there, but it's starting to come together.

Anybody have any good, cheap ideas on a work stand to support my baby while she's being operated on. I have one of the Sears hydraulic bike lifts and with the tie down straps, pulling the engine is easy, is that the best deal all the way around - just thinking about the future when she's painted and purdy.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #65
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981
Quote:
More farkle ordered, I need to call Scootworks and SCOMO to get some things cleared up on little bits here and there, but it's starting to come together.

Anybody have any good, cheap ideas on a work stand to support my baby while she's being operated on. I have one of the Sears hydraulic bike lifts and with the tie down straps, pulling the engine is easy, is that the best deal all the way around - just thinking about the future when she's painted and purdy.

I've got a Harbor Freight lift. I think I'll need to pull the exhaust off for it to work well, but then it should rest nicely. I have not used it yet though.
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #66
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,308
Quote:
Brakes need some work, a little head shake with hard braking because of mini vans, but other than that, I had a ball. You haven't lived until you have railed a scooter. I took one curve that I knew at about 25 over it's posted speed, nothing for the GT, but shit on 10" wheels, tiny wheel base and zippo rake, it's a hoot.

I was proud of myself, kept up with traffic on the parkway, even passed a couple cars and stuffed a Harley on the inside on a 30mph curve doin 55 - the look I got from that MF was priceless PS. I was wearing leathers, Held gloves and my Arai - more than he was
[/SIZE]

Yup. You nailed it exactly.

There's just something extra about doing it with 50's technology and skinnyass 10" wheels.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #67
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,308
Quote:
Why do you hate curry?
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote