Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #11
frewhl
daily rider

Oddometer: 8,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint
I would take the nexrad over the phone anytime. I don't personally think talking on the phone and riding would be a good mix.

For sure , I would pick the GPS with the nexrad capability. The one big thing holding me back is the $100 sign up fee and the $100 per month service fee for the nexrad xm radio service. If it was $20, I would be the first one there.

The Zumo looks great, but without cheap nexrad service, I'm thinking my 2610 looks good. I do like the idea of being able to print out the route you just rode and looking at it on Google Earth. The phone thingy does nothing for me but the radio might. What good is it to have BT phone and GPS talking to you if you have to connect the radio and intercom with a cord?
I hope travel kit capabilities are not holding people back.I would guess it cost the company forty cents to add it,
I hope real price increases are for better screens and such.
these comments lean twoards nuvi series,which I am trying to buy for my father and sell to that group of customers who never reall got with the gps.
Then I headed over to where my girlfriend works. Greg, the boss, followed us outside and kept trying to tell me about how he went to Las Vegas one time on a motocycle. I was like, "oh-kay, that's great Greg."

Just back from Prudhoe Bay, IMO it was really worth the trip, AK is a beautiful place & you need lots of time to take it all in. I'm looking forward to returning & exploring some places i didn't have time to ride.RIP Ron Melton
frewhl is offline   Reply With Quote