ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
GB OP
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,300
Piaggio MP3, any news?

Any word when the Piaggio MP3 3 wheeled scooter is coming here? Any idea of price?
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette
 
svizzerams's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Chelanistan, PNW: the arid edition.
Oddometer: 1,889
Eek

My Piaggio dealer said he's getting some 07's in by "spring" - he test drove one and said they are pretty amazing. He thinks there will be a big market for people leery of 2-wheels. I plan to try one when they are in but probably will like it and then want one......and I'm saving my pennies for a V-strom for spring. So many toys - so few pennies!
svizzerams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
bdearlove
Well Hung
 
bdearlove's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Oddometer: 125
I too am looking out for them. It's be perfect for my wife (and me if it looked like the test one) as the Burgman she has is just too heavy, 3rd wheel should help that.
__________________
Me Website
Me Ride



bdearlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
GB OP
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,300
I'm just wondering if this thing is coming to Canada and what it will sell for.. My guess it'll be in the $7 to $8000 range.. I definitely want to try one at least..
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
northline
Something wicked
 
northline's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Vancouver island
Oddometer: 90
Its coming to canada in early spring...this from a little bird I know at vespa canada.No word on price or if it'll be the 150 or 250 but I'm getting one.
northline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
gadgetgurl
Adventurer
 
gadgetgurl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada
Oddometer: 40
If they come to Canada, I hope to test drive one too. However, I am holding out for the 400cc version (if they make one). IMO, 250cc doesn't provide enough power for highway driving -- which I plan to do from time to time.
gadgetgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
GB OP
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,300
That's good news indeed.. I don't need a scooter, I don't need another insurance bill.. but... I'd like to get one of those...

Thanks for the good news
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
freebirdforever
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Oddometer: 83
The Piaggio 3-wheeler will be in USA showrooms this spring. It will not be called 'MP3' over here. The MSRP will be $6999.US (convert that to Canadian dollars). The USA will get the 250 version which uses the 250-Quasar engine putting out 22-hp. That's the same engine used in the Vespa GTS. Reportedly, there will be a 400cc version but I heard that it will not use the 400/500-Master engine. Instead, it will use a physically smaller engine that fits into the existing bodywork. Reguarding the 400 version; their is no word on engine specs, production date, or whether it will be a North American model.

I realize some people take their GTS on the highway but the 3-wheeler weighs 450-lbs and I would need more horsepower to feel confident on the highway. If they do bring the 400 version to the USA I would consider buying it as a daily commuter.
freebirdforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina
 
Srbenda's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Embassy of the Nation of South Carolina
Oddometer: 11,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdforever
The Piaggio 3-wheeler will be in USA showrooms this spring. It will not be called 'MP3' over here. The MSRP will be $6999.US (convert that to Canadian dollars). The USA will get the 250 version which uses the 250-Quasar engine putting out 22-hp. That's the same engine used in the Vespa GTS. Reportedly, there will be a 400cc version but I heard that it will not use the 400/500-Master engine. Instead, it will use a physically smaller engine that fits into the existing bodywork. Reguarding the 400 version; their is no word on engine specs, production date, or whether it will be a North American model.

I realize some people take their GTS on the highway but the 3-wheeler weighs 450-lbs and I would need more horsepower to feel confident on the highway. If they do bring the 400 version to the USA I would consider buying it as a daily commuter.
Crap that's expensive.
__________________
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
GB OP
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,300
Just about what I predicted.. and we have higher tarriffs on European goods than the US does.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #11
kdude
orgasmatron engineer
 
kdude's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada, Cancun Mexico
Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Just about what I predicted.. and we have higher tarriffs on European goods than the US does.
no surprise with that news.. we cdn's get screwed all the time with higher costs than in the US.
__________________
BMWMOA 122163
kdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #12
Zekester
Liquid Hot Magma Core
 
Zekester's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Oddometer: 254
want one
__________________
I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin'
Zekester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
GB OP
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdude
no surprise with that news.. we cdn's get screwed all the time with higher costs than in the US.
on EVERYTYHING.. even Canadian made goods are cheaper in the US! Bike tires? For the price of 2 tires in the US, I can only buy 1 here! I only buy my tires south of the border.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014