User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
GB OP
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,300
Piaggio MP3, any news?

Any word when the Piaggio MP3 3 wheeled scooter is coming here? Any idea of price?
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Oddometer: 1,889
Eek

My Piaggio dealer said he's getting some 07's in by "spring" - he test drove one and said they are pretty amazing. He thinks there will be a big market for people leery of 2-wheels. I plan to try one when they are in but probably will like it and then want one......and I'm saving my pennies for a V-strom for spring. So many toys - so few pennies!
svizzerams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
bdearlove
Well Hung

Oddometer: 125
I too am looking out for them. It's be perfect for my wife (and me if it looked like the test one) as the Burgman she has is just too heavy, 3rd wheel should help that.

bdearlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
GB OP
Mod Squad

I'm just wondering if this thing is coming to Canada and what it will sell for.. My guess it'll be in the $7 to $8000 range.. I definitely want to try one at least..
Old 10-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
northline
Something wicked

Oddometer: 90
Its coming to canada in early spring...this from a little bird I know at vespa canada.No word on price or if it'll be the 150 or 250 but I'm getting one.
northline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
gadgetgurl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
If they come to Canada, I hope to test drive one too. However, I am holding out for the 400cc version (if they make one). IMO, 250cc doesn't provide enough power for highway driving -- which I plan to do from time to time.
gadgetgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #7
GB OP
Mod Squad

That's good news indeed.. I don't need a scooter, I don't need another insurance bill.. but... I'd like to get one of those...

Thanks for the good news
Old 10-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
freebirdforever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
The Piaggio 3-wheeler will be in USA showrooms this spring. It will not be called 'MP3' over here. The MSRP will be $6999.US (convert that to Canadian dollars). The USA will get the 250 version which uses the 250-Quasar engine putting out 22-hp. That's the same engine used in the Vespa GTS. Reportedly, there will be a 400cc version but I heard that it will not use the 400/500-Master engine. Instead, it will use a physically smaller engine that fits into the existing bodywork. Reguarding the 400 version; their is no word on engine specs, production date, or whether it will be a North American model.

I realize some people take their GTS on the highway but the 3-wheeler weighs 450-lbs and I would need more horsepower to feel confident on the highway. If they do bring the 400 version to the USA I would consider buying it as a daily commuter.
freebirdforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdforever
The Piaggio 3-wheeler will be in USA showrooms this spring. It will not be called 'MP3' over here. The MSRP will be $6999.US (convert that to Canadian dollars). The USA will get the 250 version which uses the 250-Quasar engine putting out 22-hp. That's the same engine used in the Vespa GTS. Reportedly, there will be a 400cc version but I heard that it will not use the 400/500-Master engine. Instead, it will use a physically smaller engine that fits into the existing bodywork. Reguarding the 400 version; their is no word on engine specs, production date, or whether it will be a North American model.

I realize some people take their GTS on the highway but the 3-wheeler weighs 450-lbs and I would need more horsepower to feel confident on the highway. If they do bring the 400 version to the USA I would consider buying it as a daily commuter.
Crap that's expensive.
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
GB OP
Mod Squad

Just about what I predicted.. and we have higher tarriffs on European goods than the US does.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #11
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Just about what I predicted.. and we have higher tarriffs on European goods than the US does.
no surprise with that news.. we cdn's get screwed all the time with higher costs than in the US.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #12
Zekester
Liquid Hot Magma Core

Oddometer: 254
want one
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
GB OP
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdude
no surprise with that news.. we cdn's get screwed all the time with higher costs than in the US.
on EVERYTYHING.. even Canadian made goods are cheaper in the US! Bike tires? For the price of 2 tires in the US, I can only buy 1 here! I only buy my tires south of the border.