User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
grimel OP
Fatman on a roll

Oddometer: 810
DT400 or NX125?

Okay, I haven't looked at it yet, but, the classifieds where I work (nice little perk for the workers) has a DT400 (78?) needing some work to make it street legal (lights). I know this would be a hoot for me, but, how would it work for a raw beginner? There is also a NX125. I figure by the time the DT400 is legal the cost will be virtually the same.

If it gets the boy to spend time away from his "wonderful" friends I'd buy both, but, realisticly I can get one. So, which one?

1985 V65 Magna
grimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
dirtydan
Cheese hat on ?

Oddometer: 256
I have run a 77Yah DT 400 for years.I have yet to blow it up.If you go and look at the DT see if its running a battery.If not the coil for lighting may be smoked.I got a coil for mine and it was a lot of money.
The nice thing about the DT400 is you can ride it like a 4 stroke and lug the hell out of it,,, never fouels plugs. Has power enuf for me.My 2stroke gie has the jets perfict(aperently) as I run it on the ice and dirt ,,summer and winter.
Dan
dirtydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
grimel OP
Fatman on a roll

Oddometer: 810
I thought it was sold, but, the buyer backed out so now I'm buying the DT400. The battery is gone, but, the lights work when it's kicked over.

For some reason the previous to the current owner decided it was a grand thing to remove every light and guage from the bike (at least he didn't toss the gauges) and put a little $35 Walmart light set on it.

Oh, well, it comes with an oversize gas tank, renthal bar/grips, new throttle cable, new front tire (needs to be mounted - learning experiance for the boy), Clymer manual, new front fender, and rear fender. I guess for $400 I'll be okay. Worst case I have an old dirt bike.

Oh, and since the title says dual sport I can tag it as is. This will be an easy road legalization.

1985 V65 Magna
grimel is offline   Reply With Quote