User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
wintonio OP
last of the Dum Dum Daze

Oddometer: 1,654
90's GS low fender question

OK, I need some help. This is the kind of thread that I will need pics from you guys of your low GS fenders. Apparently, the fasteners on my 92 GS low front fender are of the variety that the parts manager at the BMW dealership had never seen in his life. Granted, we both agreed that they work well, because they fasten the fork brace to the fork, then have a smaller diameter screw sticking up that the low fender fits down on top of. I would use them, but one of them was cut shorter at some point, and is too short to fit the CC brace I just got.

PLEASE post pics of low fender assemblies, ie, show me how (sing to the tune of the bone connection song) "the low fender is connected to the fork brace, the fork brace is connected to the fork tubes". I have scrutunized the fiche, and cannot make sense of it, as it is different than mine

thanks, in advance
wintonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,318
I just got done putting my low fender on with new hardware from BMW...and then taking it off since I like the look of the high fender. I too have the CCC brace ( just bought it for mounting the low fender ). From BMW there are 4 allen screws and 4 round rubber washers about 3/16 of an in thich. Simply set the fender on top of the forbrace and run the screws through the fender with the 4 rubber washers between the head of the screw and the fender. Done. Sounds like you have four studs sticking up that the fender slides down over and then you must use 4 nuts or acron nuts. Six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE 1997 Suzuki DR 350 SE
Gezerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
wintonio OP
last of the Dum Dum Daze

Oddometer: 1,654
Yep, that's exactly what I have, and I agree with you, except that then in would be 6 of 1, 8 holes on the other
wintonio is offline   Reply With Quote