ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #46
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 638
My turn

"PROMISED"

The GS is gone, now the stuff needs to go also.

Wunderlich rear seat bag, for 1100/1150GS specifically. This guy:

http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/Merchant...roduct_Count=9

Has the seat mount that wraps around all 4 sides of the passenger seat.

Condition: pretty damn good. Definitely dusty, looks like it's been on the shelf a long while. I honestly don't think it has ever been on a moving bike. I snagged it off of ebay and never got to a trip that needed that much packing (my bad).

Santa Cruz says $189.95 plus shipping, I say $75 to a local ADVrider.

bigtex screwed with this post 03-22-2007 at 12:15 PM
bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #47
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,714
I'm hoping that either the west side of the Rockies or the east side will be interested in a few items I need to sell.....so here's a list......

XR650R gas tank - IMS 3.2 gallons. Will easily ship around the Rockies for $10-15. Asking price $85 + exact shipping if necessary.

BMW single spark 1100/1150 valve cover guards. Should easily ship for $5-10. Asking price $70 plus that shipping if needed.

And I have a moderately dented 1100/1150 GS standard gas tank. It's off an '02 with no rust and only a few light scratches. The rondels and graphics are good, the paint is shiney. I was going to knock out the dent and use it for a project but do not have the time. I only want to get my money back out of it so $130 including shipping. I think it's a great deal for the right fellow AdvRider.

More stuff coming......

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.

The Walrus screwed with this post 03-21-2007 at 08:55 PM
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #48
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,779
All my stuff went in a flea market thread here...

Lotsa garmin accessories, Bohn back protector, sidi dirt boots, etc...

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #49
Subcanis
Unskilled Aerofixer

Oddometer: 1,098
KLR rack for hardbags, tank protectors...

A set of these, used:

http://klr650.com/tank%20guards.htm

(need to get this to run them)

85 shipped

and these (also used):

http://klr650.com/alTourBoxMnt.htm

150 shipped
Old 03-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #50
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana44mag
Lomax
post a picture of the corbin seat for the 950 ktm?? $100.00????
as for the beer.I will own you a coors light!!
DOH Where have I been ?? Make it $150???

Oh BTW: It is Orange. LOL:

Here you go.

Cheers.
Marc

Lomax screwed with this post 04-12-2007 at 09:58 AM
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #51
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDAMERICA
Lomax,
I'll take the chest pro and boots (unless the're really stinky) and I'd like to see the helo. Gonna be out of town this weekend though. Maybe we could get together next week. I'll PM you when I get back.

Thanks!

WILDAMERICA
They are not stinky but they are not new DOH!. The boots need a little work. You get what you pay for

Give me a call on my cell. It is in my profile.

Cheers.
Marc

Lomax screwed with this post 03-24-2007 at 07:23 AM
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #52
Dust Rider
Cuttin dust w/ the Dutch

Oddometer: 524
Lomax,
i cant do that color, if it was black...
good luck-
mag
Dust Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:58 AM   #53
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,393
Wink seat color

I have had very good luck with upholstery paint, especially black.. I am not intersted in the seat but dont let the color stand in your way of a good deal.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #54
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,459
WTB- KLR stock seat in good shape. Preferably not purple.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #55
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,894
Triumph Liquidation Sale

I'm jonesin' for a 1050 Tiger. Anyone wanna buy my 01 955 Tiger and or 03 Daytona 955i? Both are great bikes, both are gonna have to go.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...quidation+Sale
Save $5 off your smugmug account with this coupon( 1qoLJk8tfsGWM )
Deano955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #56
dougrender
Bike Polo is not a Crime

Oddometer: 1,100
Alpinestar Hi Point Boots, size 9 *free

These are almost the same boots Goose wore in Mad Max. Check them out.

The only difference is that they don't have the long straps/buckles. They have a shorter cam attachment. And they are white. Forget that they are white. The important thing is that they have the super cool metal shin plate. Any decent cobler can dye them whatever color you want. The point is that no matter what color you dye them, the metal shin plate will still be shiny.

I bought these off the inartnets some years ago when I thought I was going to be retro and ride a 79 XR250. The first problem was that riding a 79 XR250 is not nearly as much fun as riding a 95 300EXC. The second problem is that my feet would not fit in these boots.

Guy I bought them from told me they were size 10. I wear a size ten Alpinestar road and MX boot. But I could NOT get my foot in these at all. So they may be a nine. I don't know. Stick your own damn foot in them if you want to know if they'll fit you.

The point is that I'm tired of looking at them. They are not perfect, they are used, they have some small cracks. But the point is that if the ruby slipper fits, you can have them dyed any color you want, and the metal shin plate will still be kickass shiny metal.

You can have these in trade for a 12 pack of beer from Victory Brewing company. You can get that at Liquor Mart or other reputable shop. This price is non negotiable.

At this price, I can't be bothered to take pictures. Stop by my house in north Boulder if you want to try them on.

-Doug
dougrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #57
dougrender
Bike Polo is not a Crime

large dog house $100

I have a really large, sturdy, weather proof dog house available. (no my dog did not die. We've had dogs for 15 years and neither of them have ever used this damn thing. I'm just tired of looking at it.) Does not leak. Cedar shingles.

Interior dimensions are 40" square. Height is 54" at the crown. This thing is well built. It is 2x4 frame with plywood facings, and some type of insulation between. So that's 4" of insulation around. I've never spent a winter's night it it, but my guess is that with a decent door cover on it and some straw or other insulating bedding, this thing would be quite comfy. Certainly more serious than one of those absurb plastic igloo type houses. Those suck.

This thing weighs a ton. I don't know how much, but I know I can't move it myself. Bring some strong friends. It's possible that we will not be able to fit it thru the gate and may actually have to lift it over the fence to get it out of the yard. In that case i'll knock $15 off the price.

I'm in North Boulder if you want to have a look.

Doug

dougrender screwed with this post 03-28-2007 at 07:38 PM
Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #58
dougrender
Bike Polo is not a Crime

serious butcher block table $200

I have a serious (i.e. professional) butcher block table available. My wife works at a culinary school and someone gave it to us. It's sweet, but too big for our little house. In fact, it will not fit thru the front door. So we don't have room for it.

This thing is 34" tall and 30" square. My guess is that it weighs 85lbs. One important thing to note is that the damn legs don't come off. So if it does not fit thru your door, you are SOL.

I'm not sure what the wood is. Oak I would guess. It could use a thorough sanding. I don't think you want to finish the actual cutting surface, unless you use Teak oil or something natural.

You could chop onions and mushrooms and peppers on this bastage, but what would be the point? If all you want to chop is vegetables, this butcher block is not for you. Get a cutting board that sets on a counter.

This thing is made for cutting meat. Not just cutting it, but friggin chopping it, with a powerful over-the-head tomahawk motion. It's not long enough to prepare venison, but you could put a short, squat hog on this thing and have your way with it. Cut that sombitch up the way you want. Use a hatchet if you need to. This butcher block won't care. It's overbuilt.

Compare it to these blocks that sell for hundreds more! http://www.125west.com/John_Boos_Kit...her_block.html

-Doug
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #59
Green Stainz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,985
Doug

nice butcher block table. my parents have a huge one in their home that is a full size table with drawers underneath. the damn thing weighs probably 600-700 pounds. my dad got in belgium from a guy who owned a restaurant.
Green Stainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #60
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,835
large dog house $100

There's no way in hell Peanut fits in that house. :)

Cool boots! I wish my feet were a size smaller :(
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote