Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
GB OP
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,048
ADV Decals, Patches & Flag, Ride the World, FYYFF Decals, get'em here!

Stock status: All that you see here is in stock. 04/2014

How to order:
Ordering menus are at the bottom of this post, scroll down, select them from the drop down menus below, then select the quantity. If ordering ADV patches or ADV Flag, just add them from the drop down menus in post 2 and post 3 and they will be combined into one final total, this way shipping is also combined and you're not paying shipping twice. Personalized username and QR decals CANNOT be combined with ADV decals as they are custom made and mailed separately.

All ordering info for decals is in Post #1 and patches in post #2. The rest of this thread is just inmate questions and feedback, so you only need to look at this post and the next one, if you're looking to order decals and patches.

Post pics of your ADV decals in THIS THREAD

ADV patches in Post # 2 BELOW.

ADV Flag in Post # 3

Personalized username decals, Post # 4

Iron-on Decals, below the ADV decals

Adhesive Decals:

The ADV decals are available in 2 sizes: 6" x 4" and 3" x 2"

These are high quality Avery reflective sheeting decals. Each decal is laminated for longevity.

They may look fuzzy and gray in these scans, but they are white with black lettering and are very sharp. They are printed on high quality reflective stock and look at lot better in person than these scans.

ADV amber large $5
6" x 4": (15 cm x 10 cm) highly reflective

ADV amber, $3.50
3" x 2" (7.5 cm x 5 cm), amber, highly reflective, may be fitted to curved surfaces.

ADV white large $5
6" x 4": (15 cm x 10 cm) highly reflective

ADV small white, $3.50
3" x 2" (7.5 cm x 5 cm), white highly reflective

I've noticed inmates adhering the small ADV decal to their helmets. The previous reflective decal was intended for flat surfaces only; when applied to a helmet, it formed creases. I have now upgraded to a high end highly reflective 3M material that can be mounted on flat and curved surfaces, it is also laminated for longevity. Furthermore, you will notice small channels when you peel the decal from the backing paper; this is to facilitate the installation and allows you to reposition the decal if it was not positioned properly. Once you apply pressure - by rubbing on the full surface of the decal before removing the transfer tape - you activate the adhesive and it becomes more aggressive with time. Both small white and amber ADV decals are now on 3M and suitable for curved surfaces.

Application not recommended on the helmet's chin bar. It is suitable for lesser compound curves such as on the back of a helmet.. no creases or wrinkles..

On curved luggage:

CAUTION! ADV, white, amber $3.50
Triangular highly reflective 3" high x 3.29" wide (~ 7.5 cm high x 8.3 cm wide)
The amber one is the same reflective amber as the oval ADV decal.
Both Caution! ADV decals are the same size.

New FYYFF decal for curved and flat surfaces!!

FYYFF, $3.50
3" x 2" (7.5 cm x 5 cm), 3M white highly reflective for flat and curved surfaces. Same material as the small white ADV decal above.

Compass decal, $3.50
3" (7.5 cm) in diameter, highly reflective decal.

[SIZE=5]Cutout Decals

The following are cutout reflective decals. Whatever they are affixed to becomes the background of these decals, such as the example below:

Ride the World cutout decals: Approximately 7" x 2" (17.5 cm x 5 cm)

Reflective white, $5

Reflective black, $5

ADV Dude, white reflective, $8 for the pair.
Each Dude is about 3" x 2.5" (7.5 cm x 6.25 cm), laminated and highly reflective decals, sold in pairs.

ADV Dude, black reflective, $8 for the pair
Each Dude is about 3" x 2.5" (7.5 cm x 6.25 cm), highly reflective cutout decals, sold in pairs.

Touareg ADV, reflective black and reflective white, $5 each

Black, white: 4.25" x 3" (10.5 cm x 7.5 cm)

You've asked for a larger size so here they are:

Large Touareg ADV, reflective black and reflective white, $7.50 each

White, Black: ~ 6" x 4" (15 cm x 11 cm)

For size comparison:

An inmate donated his design talents to produce this decal below:

Enduro ADV

It's a cutout reflective decal in white, measuring 4.5"L x 4.5"W (12 cm x 12 cm), $6. Reflective black is also available.
(It's attached to my 8" Micatech V2 pannier)

By popular request, I had a few of these ADV cutout decals made:

ADV cutout black oval, approximately 4.5" wide x 2.5" length (11.5cm x 6.5cm), $5

ADV cutout white oval, approximately 4.5" wide x 2.5" length (11.5cm x 6.5cm), $5

These Pass the Bacon decals have been donated for final liquidation with all proceeds going back to the site.

Pass the Bacon vinyl decal, 5" x 3", $3

Iron-on heat transfer Decals

These three iron-on decals are ideally suited to be applied to T-shirts, and cotton garments. Simply heat the iron and apply, full instructions will be included with you iron-on heat transfer decals. I added the ADV oval to the T-shirt below.

Iron-on ADV white $5
Iron-on ADV black, $5
4" x 2.5" (10 cm x 6.25 cm)

Iron-on Ride The World, black, $6, approximately 7" x 2" (17.5 cm x 5 cm)
Iron-on Ride The World, white, $6, approximately 7" x 2" (17.5 cm x 5 cm)

Iron-on Touareg ADV black, $6
Iron-on Touareg ADV white, $6

4.25" x 3" (10.5 cm x 7.5 cm)

How do I order?

(for paying by check/cheque see below the shopping cart)

1. Click on drop down menu below to select the decal you want
2. Click Add to cart, and repeat if you want more than 1 decal
3. Proceed to checkout and follow instructions.
4. Check to be sure that your address registered with Paypal is stilll current. Include your Zip + 4 for more efficient and faster USPS service.

IMPORTANT: If you have ordered using the shopping cart, you must receive an email from me confirming your order. If you do not receive one, check your junk mail folder. The email will be from ADVdecals@Gmail.com You will hear from me within a few hours. Keep in mind I'm in the Eastern time zone, so if you place your order late at night, you will hear from me the next day. Orders are shipped the very next business day, Monday to Friday.
If I'm out riding and away from my computer, you will receive an automated reply informing you of when I will be back.

ADV Decals, Part 1

ADV Decals, Part 2

Pass The Bacon Decal

Iron-on ADV decals

Paying by check / cheque: If you are in the USA or Canada and wish to pay by check / cheque, email me: ADVdecals@Gmail.com with your order details and I will calculate the cost of shipping and let you know.

How to affix these decals?
Clean the area thoroughly with a soft cloth and denatured alcohol. Remove the paper backing and apply slowly from the edge inwards, being careful not to trap air bubbles. Then use a credit card or a soft cloth to rub on the transparent masking of the decal to be sure it's well affixed. Now, slowly and gently remove the clear masking tape. There should be NO clear masking tape left on the decal.

Shipping time lines:

Canada: 3 to 5 days
USA: 7 to 14 days
Europe: 3 to 5 days
Rest of the world: 7 to 21 days

If you need help with your order, email me: ADVdecals@Gmail.com

Proceeds from the sale of these decals will be donated back to help pay for the running of this site. You may also click on the word DONATE at the bottom of this page to donate directly and you also support this site if you sign up with the excellent picture hosting site, www.smugmug.com which also supports the operation of this site. Thank you for your support.

GB screwed with this post 04-03-2014 at 05:20 AM Reason: Update
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
GB OP
Mod Squad

ADV PATCHES!

ADV FLAG below in Post 3!!!

I can't sew but have just applied my first patch... see below how

These patches have a PVC backing so they will not shrivel after repeated washings and will be easier to glue on. These patches look much better in person than in the pics below.

ADV oval patch and Touareg ADV are reflective!

Reflective Touareg ADV patch, 4" x 2.70" (10 cm x 7 cm), PVC backing to prevent shriveling, $7.00

It's highly reflective when struck by a light directly, in contrast to the Compass decal which is not reflective:

Blue and white 3" (7.5 cm) round ADVrider patch, $6
Blue, white and black stitching on white background.
PVC backing to prevent shriveling.

Black and white REFLECTIVE 3" x 2" oval ADV patch, $5.50. (White background is reflective, ADV is in black stitching)
PVC backing to prevent wrinkling.

Inmate supplied photo of reflective ADV patch

ADV Patches

Please add postage from the shipping menu below ONLY if your domestic shipping total is $1.85. If your shipping total is $3.50 or more, do not add more shipping. (more info below)

SHIPPING Patches, 1 to 8

I will be using bubble padded envelopes for these patches. The post office has a size & weight restriction for these padded envelopes, therefore all patches will be shipped for the same price for the shipping and the envelope:

Shipping for Patches US/Canada inmates: If you are ordering patches and decals, and your decals shipping is $3 or more, please do not add extra shipping for patches. If you are ordering only patches, please select the appropriate postage from the above menu. I have lowered the shipping cost in the menu because it will be added to $1.50 that the shopping cart will add to your order, and it will then reflect the actual cost of shipping.

US/ Canada: $3
Rest of the world: $4.50

Please do not add postage for shipping of the patches if you're ordered decals and the shipping is $3 or more, in the US/Canada. For the rest of the world, if your total shipping at the bottom of the shopping cart is $3, please add $1.50 for the above shipping menu.

How do I order:

1: Paypal:

Click on Add to Cart
Select the appropriate shipping for your location:
USA/Canada or Rest of the World.
Proceed to check out, and don't forget to include your ADVrider inmate username in the MESSAGE box.

Please, don't forget to add the appropriate postage, as listed above.

If the Add to Cart doesn't work with your browser, read below:

Select the decals you wish to order, add the appropriate shipping and log onto www.paypal.com and send funds to: ADVdecals@Gmail.com. On the Paypal page,under "For", be sure to select "Goods" not "Service". With "Goods", your registered address will appear. If you need help with your order, email me. Be sure to include your order details and your shipping address. Including your Advrider inmate name would help me make the correlation, in case there's an email problem, I would contact you via Private Messaging through this site. Once payment has been received, I will confirm receipt of your payment and ship the decals the very next day.* *(Orders received on Saturday will be shipped on Monday).

2: Check (cheque): Email me at the above address requesting to pay by check, and I will send you my mailing address.

GB screwed with this post 08-30-2013 at 10:00 AM
Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
GB OP
Mod Squad

You asked for it... ADV VICTORY FLAG!

Fly the flag when posing at your landmark destination!

Post pics of your ADV Flag in THIS THREAD
(send me a pic so I can post it here!)

The pic below was sent to me by an ADV inmate serving in the armed forces.

Other ADV inmate supplied pics

12" x 8" (30 cm x 20 cm) for the flag only. The spine with the grommets is about 1" (2.5 cm) wide.

The flag material is a mesh fabric, suitable for outdoor use.

ADV Flag: $15 plus flat rate $3.25 shipping to the USA and Canada, which will be added at checkout.

Shipping to the rest of the world: Please add $1.50 from the drop down menu, for a total of $4.75 air mail flat rate. If you are ordering stickers or patches, and your shipping is $4 or more, do NOT add shipping from the menu below.

How to order:
USA/Canada: Just click on Add to Cart and then proceed to checkout.
Rest of the world: Click Add to Cart for the ADV flag, and then select shipping to the rest of the world and click Add to Cart.

ADV Flag

GB screwed with this post 03-29-2011 at 01:35 PM
Old 08-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
GB OP
Mod Squad

I've been asked if personalized decals can be made available. Here's what my decals guy came up using my username. Say you meet an ADV inmate on the road and want to get his/her contact info. Or you see an inmate's bike and want to contact him to talk about it. You use your smart phone to scan the QR code, which leads you to the inmate profile page. If you're a member here, you can send a PM or email if they are enabled. Non members cannot make contact thru the user profile page.

Please note that the pink line is the outline of the decal's border and is not printed on the decal.

Low tech decal:

~ 4.25" x 2.6" (11 cm x 7 cm) $5.00

High tech decals:

Decal # 1 QR inmate username linked to your ADVrider.com profile

Decal #2 QR ADVrider.com with link to your ADVrider.com profile

The above two are about 2" wide x 3" long.

Decal # 3 QR anonymous, link to your ADVrider.com profile

The QR #3 only is about 2" square.

Each decal is printed on adhesive vinyl and costs $5 plus shipping of $2.50 for up to 4 decals. Please note that you cannot combine the shipping of custom QR decals with regular ADV decals, as the custom decals require a bit of time before they are made by my decals guy and will be mailed separately. To see how it works, scan any QR decal above or below with your smart phone's QR scanner app.

If you have any questions, email me: advdecals@gmail.com

ADV username decals
Enter your username here

Inmate supplied pics, please email me your pics at the above email. Thanks!

GB screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 09:55 AM
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,555
Thanks, Gadget!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
GB OP
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemiiten
GB, Any plans to offer the round ride the world stickers like before?
I would like to but it will depend on the demand.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
GB OP
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadMan
W00000t! I just ordered ten of your best stickers GB!

Thanks for taking up the slack on doing this, it's much appreciated!

BM
Ten? Are you going to scalp them? You must have stiffed me on the shipping!

I'm going to have to revise the shipping rates at some point, i.e. when the post office jacks up their rates every year, plus paypal takes their cut.. I rounded up or down the rates, so I'm sure I'll be on the hook for the difference It's only money and we're doing this to spread the love and help keep the lights on!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Incoming PayPal!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #9
MojaveGS
Loving it!

Oddometer: 3,732
Oh yeah! Order sent.
VTTMZFPKWGDKZXTJCDIGKUHUAUEKCAR
MojaveGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Ten? Are you going to scalp them? You must have stiffed me on the shipping!

I'm going to have to revise the shipping rates at some point, i.e. when the post office jacks up their rates every year, plus paypal takes their cut.. I rounded up or down the rates, so I'm sure I'll be on the hook for the difference It's only money and we're doing this to spread the love and help keep the lights on!
I owe these to some overseas bretheren....

I sent $5 for shipping, if it's not enough, let me know...
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
Parrothead
Cu Dubh

Oddometer: 423
Paypel sent...

Awesome, GB. I just sent paypal for 3 each of the small ADV & FYYFF decals. THANKS!!!
"... You can go through life fudging and evading, indulging and slacking, never really hungry nor frightened nor passionately stirred, your highest moment a sentimental orgasm and your first real contact with primary and elemental necessities the sweat of your deathbed." - H.G Wells
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
GB OP
Mod Squad

Alright, thank you for your orders. I have emailed you to confirm your order. Your orders will be mailed tomorrow by general "air mail", no tracking numbers, and no way to know exactly how long it's going to take, but do keep an eye on your mailman's vehicle in case all of a sudden it's sporting an ADV decal And please be patient.. it is snail mail after all.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
rokklym
one man wolfpack

Oddometer: 4,397
Money sent via paypal, Thanks GB!
Chad Berger DR650, KTM 990 Adventure R
Lone Wolf Expeditions
rokklym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
GB OP
Mod Squad

Thank you! Packed and ready to go
Old 08-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,125
Ye haw!!!
payment sent

Thanks!

When you stop chasing dreams, that's when your getting old...until then enjoy the ride
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote