Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #11
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker
Hi BlueLightning,

I haven't seen the show yet (still waiting for my DVD to arrive), but I expect it is embellished because that would make better TV. It's not a hard job other than the weather and the sleep deprivation, really. Although going through the ice is a possibility, I don't think it's a very strong one. So yeah, I'm sure it's not as hard as they make out in the show, but don't tell anyone else who reads this thread that!
Yeah, every show of course focused around the possibility that a truck could go through the ice. I'm sure everyone knows the possibility is there, but they just took it to the extreme! LOL It was pretty cool to see the high tech equipment they use to measure the thickness of the ice.

The other thing they focused on several times other then the wave you talked about earlier was how bad it was for trucks to sit and idle on the ice due to the engine vibrations making cracks. But then several times in the show, someone would wipe out (Charlie's Hill or other portages) and block the road in both directions and you would have multiple trucks that would get backed out onto the ice sitting there for hours running. It just seems that wasn't as big as a threat as they made it out to seem since 100+ trucks sitting on the ice didn't fall through after a couple hours, then that seems pretty good to me! LOL

Keep the pictures and stories coming! It looks like you figured out how to do multiple pics in one post which is great!
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: