Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2004, 02:38 PM   #31
RallyKay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Nice thread. I guess that it wasn´t me that was refered too as the rally 660 guy!?

My bike is an Adventure -01 with modified body work... No not quite, but a Factory Replica -01. It was driven in the Dakar of 2002 (and finished!).

The mods so far is:
*heated grips
*comfort grips from Sommer
*IMO 300
*End of rear frame built in CrMo instead of Alu to take
*one off rack
*One off holder and connections for the Garmin V
*Scott oiler where the emergency beacon used to be
*Stealht sprocket from KTM

It was also closely examined and serviced after i bought it an right now it is striped down for a new paint and piston/camchain (service-nothing broken).
Eventually it vill get a Cam from the Factory Replica supermotard, but i haven´t desided yet.

If some one can tell me how to insert a picture here i can show it to you all!

Best too you all!
Attached Images

Arch screwed with this post 02-22-2004 at 04:11 PM Reason: Corrected picture size.
RallyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 03:31 PM   #32
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
RallyKay, Very nice, that's has to be a lot of fun. (Big Pics, for a Big Bike. ) We might just have to start a Rallye thread, with your bike and Cat0020's, It would be neat to see some detail pics of the bikes from different angles. I'd sure like to get "under the hood" so to speak, mind if I come over and disassemble yours, just so I can see what makes it tick.

Have you figured out all the functions of the IMO300R? Those are pretty nice kit. I thought those 660 Rallye already had a pretty strong camshaft profile in them? Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the ADVrider asylum. Cheers, Mack

Mack screwed with this post 02-22-2004 at 03:46 PM
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #33
Alchemist
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
I've just bought an 04 Adventure, all Orange, low guard, twin disks etc. I'll try and post up some pics when I get a chance. Very nice
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #34
Ziegfried
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
I`ve got an `03. No mods, I`m still enjoying the suspension compared to the Dakar and the `02 r1150gs that I had. I am planning to put on some big foot pegs, raise the handlebars but not much else. Of course, I expect that attitude to change after a short familiarisation period.
Ziegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #35
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
I've always had a soft spot in my head for the blue/orange color combo... in fact, that is the color of the soft spot in my head....

Creeper
Blue and orange ARE complementary colors you know. Maybe you are a latent artist
Old 02-22-2004, 07:37 PM   #36
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnaou
Here is mine, 99 Adventure, as far as I know it is still pretty stock. I need to change the tires to some knobbies and re-jetting. I like it a lot though!!!
Luc, I have a '99 also. I think we have one of the best looking iterations of the Adventure.

Do you have any type of White Power suspension manual that came with your bike? I am trying to find out as much as I can before replacing fork springs.

Thanks,

Paolo
Old 02-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #37
creeper OP
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
RallyKay
Nice thread. I guess that it wasn´t me that was refered too as the rally 660 guy!?
No, not you... but the bike is stunning! Very "factory" looking! Thanks for the image and specs

Quote:
Alchemist
I've just bought an 04 Adventure, all Orange, low guard, twin disks etc. I'll try and post up some pics when I get a chance. Very nice
You Aussie bastard you! There are lots of folks in the US that are really pissed at KTM for not bringing in the '04 640 Adventure. We'll have to hear all about it when you have more time on it.
What carb is installed? Please don't beat me up anymore by telling me it's a FCR Congratulations!

Quote:
Ziegfried
I`ve got an `03. No mods, I`m still enjoying the suspension compared to the Dakar and the `02 r1150gs that I had. I am planning to put on some big foot pegs, raise the handlebars but not much else. Of course, I expect that attitude to change after a short familiarisation period.
Oh yea, you can't leave 'em alone for long. Bet the jump from the BMW was a shocker! PM me if you need carb jetting & air box info

Thanks guys for the posts and picture, especially the blue beauty!

Creeper
Old 02-22-2004, 07:52 PM   #38
arunan
flourescent adventurer

Oddometer: 346
my '99 adventure is almost totally stock (and i agree, the orange and blue ones are fun, if not as classy as the silver ones. but then i like bright colors-can ya tell??)

the only things i've added were the dual star weld-on side stand (highly NOT recommended), and i run IRC gp 110 "trail" tires-cheap and grippy in the dirt. i also got a happy trails rack, which i like a lot, and a set of ortleib waterproof saddlebags from aerostitch-these rock! they're a bit of a pain to open and close compared to zippers, but after one decent rain (or snow, on this last trip) i was really glad to have them. they're also DUST-proof, which is a big plus in our line of riding...

i tried EBC sintered metal rear pads, and they squaeked like crazy, and then the rear boiled over and blew a seal-any recommendations for rear pads?

my stock seat is presently disintegrating-i'll need to re-cover it soon (i have a sheepskin pad, which i also love)

i never wash my bike unless i have to do some maintenance. if i saw an adventure with no scratches and no dirt, i'd think that this is either a badass rider who never goes down and maintains his/her bike religiously, or a total poser...but never know which
Attached Images

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS."
-mohandas k. gandhi

"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness."
-Bertrand Russell
arunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 07:53 PM   #39
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiti
Blue and orange ARE complementary colors you know. Maybe you are a latent artist
Yep, I'm a latent somthing or other... My blue/orange combo is having blue grips and orange hand guards.

Creeper
Old 02-22-2004, 07:57 PM   #40
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
arunan
if i saw an adventure with no scratches and no dirt, i'd think that the rider is either a badass rider who never goes down and maintains his/her bike religiously, or a total poser...but never know which
Thats me, a badass anal retentive poser

You look ready for anything arunan. Have you actually used all that stuff, or did you just rob an REI?

Creeper
Old 02-22-2004, 08:16 PM   #41
Loadedagain
making chips

Oddometer: 26,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
liar. no pics no bike

welcome man. get those pics up soon

Stenhouse Racing - Specializing in KTM Upgrades
custom cnc service available to suit your specific needs.
Loadedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #42
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunan
my '99 adventure is almost totally stock (and i agree, the orange and blue ones are fun, if not as classy as the silver ones. but then i like bright colors-can ya tell??)

the only things i've added were the dual star weld-on side stand (highly NOT recommended), and i run IRC gp 110 "trail" tires-cheap and grippy in the dirt. i also got a happy trails rack, which i like a lot, and a set of ortleib waterproof saddlebags from aerostitch-these rock! they're a bit of a pain to open and close compared to zippers, but after one decent rain (or snow, on this last trip) i was really glad to have them. they're also DUST-proof, which is a big plus in our line of riding...
I understand Happy Trails has two varieties of soft pannier racks; one that mounts them off the rear fender (well back) and another version that covers the "number plates" (more forward.) It looks like you have the aft mounts, but can you clarify this?

Quote:
my stock seat is presently disintegrating-i'll need to re-cover it soon (i have a sheepskin pad, which i also love)
I recovered mine, and did a Flanny-style recore mod. Amazing improvement in comfort. I haven't found a down side to the mod.

Quote:
i never wash my bike unless i have to do some maintenance. if i saw an adventure with no scratches and no dirt, i'd think that this is either a badass rider who never goes down and maintains his/her bike religiously, or a total poser...but never know which

Same here!

I am trying to find a manual for our conventional 50mm forks. If you have one, are you up for scanning or copying it for me? Any suggestions on how to procure one? Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:18 PM   #43
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
KTM TOW TRUCK.

Mexican border crossing, Presidio, Texas.
Attached Images

Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #44
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
KTM TOW TRUCK.

Mexican border crossing, Presidio, Texas.
WIDE LOAD
Old 02-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #45
ncfitton
Summit Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
wanna see pics, wanna see pics !!

gday from an expat aussie
ncfitton is offline   Reply With Quote