|12-28-2007, 05:32 PM||#1|
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Northeast U.S.A
Need India trip info
Looking on info on A) renting bikes in India
And B)Perhaps shipping bikes to india (to ride on yearly trips in Asia)
And C) anyplace I could store 2-3 bikes if I did ship or buy a couple of DR's over there.
Me and a friend or 2 are planning the first of a series of great asia tours starting hopefully 2009.
Need to get a feel for the bike world over there. Know they have everything but wondering about fuel costs, roads (dual sport bound) part availiability, etc etc/.
Any help or links would be greatly appreciated
|12-30-2007, 06:12 PM||#2|
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Go read ...
Much stuff there on
Shipping bikes ..
Peoples travels (India too)
Most people there 'only' have small bikes .. think top speeds around 80mph ... So a 650 would be unusall for a local bike. Unless it is detuned .. like an Enfield No =- really .. they have bikes for teh local market .. And local conditions are that you don't want a large, high speed bike. You do want a good horn ..
|12-31-2007, 01:04 AM||#3|
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
1. You can rent bikes in india easily. Rates depend where you are getting them from. Can be anywhere from 20~150 USD
2. Shipping bikes to india well its doable, but it has its own problems. Read this http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...to-india-22811
3. The best way to store a bike here is to leave it with someone whom you know. Family and Friends. Imported bikes catch the eye quickly and are therefore prone to theft.
4. Fuel Cost (as of today) is 44 INR (indian rupees) per Litre. One USD equals 39-40 INR
5. North India particularly Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir, Leh, Ladakh are famous destinations among motorcyclists. Because for the fact that you cross over worlds highest passes. (17000 + feet).
Hope this helps.
Himalayas on a Motorcycle - Photography book by Chanderjeet
Mango Lassi of the bumfucked hillbillies MC
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|