Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #11
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad
Kenny Roberts' TZ 750 mile bike!! I got to see it run at San Jose and again many years later at Del Mar. That was is the most wicked bike of all time.
I saw it first time out at a national - Indy 1975. It was one fast bike, but that unridable stuff was crap. Roberts won the first race where he stradled the bike. If you can, get the January 1976 issue of Cycle World where D. Randy Riggs not only writes an article on how the bike came to being, but also how the AMA screwed the pooch by banning it and then he test rides Steve Baker's TZ. For those that might wonder, Steve Baker won the FIM World 750 GP class around that time, so his motor was no slouch. Roberts just favored smaller motors in most all racing, including a reduction from the 750 GP class in the AMA to a 500 class. Never happened though, Superbikes came in instead.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote