User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
RevNelson OP
Pearls before swine...

Oddometer: 9
Carb balancer

I've been riding my 07 Gear-up since Feb here in NW Montana (from logging roads to the slab between home and Kalispell) - I love it! I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm fixing to learn - have begun shameless, but cautious tinkering (breaking stuff that isn't broken and putting it back together again).

I'm trying to decide if I need to drop the $100 on a Twinmax electronic carb balencer. The nearest URAL shop is in C'dA Idaho - and while there are plenty of bike shops closer to home, I wonder if its just a good idea to be able to tend to this aspect of basic maintenance right here at home. I've noticed on the maintenance schedule carb balancing is a regular.

Any thoughts on this?
RevNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Bozola
Complete Bastard

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevNelson
I've been riding my 07 Gear-up since Feb here in NW Montana (from logging roads to the slab between home and Kalispell) - I love it! I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm fixing to learn - have begun shameless, but cautious tinkering (breaking stuff that isn't broken and putting it back together again).

I'm trying to decide if I need to drop the $100 on a Twinmax electronic carb balencer. The nearest URAL shop is in C'dA Idaho - and while there are plenty of bike shops closer to home, I wonder if its just a good idea to be able to tend to this aspect of basic maintenance right here at home. I've noticed on the maintenance schedule carb balancing is a regular.

Any thoughts on this?
A decent carb synchronizer is always a good idea.

2007 Gear-Up "Skwural"
Inflatable Banana
Bozola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Andy-Gadget
Any bike can go anywere

Oddometer: 1,336
IMHO you don't need the hi tech stuff to do this.

This has been discussed on "Old School", see http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311640
'95 Sport 1100 Guzzi,'84 Cali 2 Guzzi, '95 Guzzi mille, '84 R65LS, '84 R100, '82 R100RS, '05 DL650, '72 Bultaco Sherpa T 350, '78 Montessa 348, "00 XR650R
Andy-Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote