Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
Dave92029 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Talking Cee Bailey F650/800GS new products

http://photos-by-dave-mishalof.smugm...00948253_2Jwu3

I picked up my bike at Cee Bailey today. They installed the Dome Cut wind shield, Leather saddle with electric heater, and head light guards. I am so happy with what they did. The saddle is exceptional. very comfortable while providing plenty of support.

The stock BMW saddle and wind shild were very uncomfortable for me to ride for any distance at freeway speed. The Cee Bailey products have made the F650GS into a bike I can ride all day in comfort.
IBA #43
2013 Vespa 300ie S GTS
2014 G650GS
Dave92029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
gary138
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
$$

If you don't mind me asking what did each item cost ??
gary138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
mrpete64
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
I guess two questions are in order. First, how much did the seat cost. Second, how does the windshield work? I am 6'2" tall and put their largest windshield they make for the '08 KLR and it worked great. I am very curious how this shield will work on your bike.

Mr. Pete--->
mrpete64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
mmitchell57
Vulcan Halfbreed

Oddometer: 2,193
All I can say is wow! That's a nice looking bike. The seat look extremely comfortable. Have you had a chance to test out the heater yet?

:)
mmitchell57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Dave92029 OP
Studly Adventurer

Thumb Wind shield and seat work well

The ride home from Cee Bailey is about 100 miles and takes about 2 hours. My OBC registered temps as high as 97 degrees so even if I had the seat heater hooked up I probably would not have turned it on.

I have a number of electrical gadgets (GPS, seat heater, Gerbing jacket) that need to be "plugged" into the bike. Since I don't feel comfortable doing electrical wiring, I need to make an appointment with a friend who is an electrical engineer to assist me.

The wind shield does flex in the wind, but the shield does provide good wind protection without buffetting. The BMW shield was uncomfortable for me above 65 mph. There is a strech of highway outside of Camp Pendleton where traffic moves briskly. I took the bike up to 90 mph and found that the bike and the shield actually work very well above 80mph.

I am 6' tall with a 30" inseam. I therefore have a tall torso. My torso is probably similar to someone who is 6'2". The 18" dome cut shield provided me with very good wind protection.

Some of the photos I took are in a view area on the side of the freeway just after I took the bike up to 90 mph. There was a CHP, California Highway Patrol officer sitting in the parking area observing the flow of traffic. Lucky for me that I stopped to take some pictures and slowed down.

The OEM BMW saddle fet to me like I was sitting on 2x4" lumber. the material on the seat also did not allow me to slide from side to side when riding in mountain turns.

The Cee Bailey saddle is very supportive and comfortable. They made the saddle narrow at the neck so that I can still flat foot the bike when I stop. The seat provides a nice curve so that it supports my weight over a broad area. The leather material also allows me to slide when I need to shift weight. I guess what I'm saying is the saddle is perfect!

I let Cee Bailey use my bike for two weeks to finalize their designs so I got a deal on the pricing.

This is the 5th bike that I have installed a Cee Bailey wind shield. Thier products are not the least expensive but IMHO they are the best. Their produsts use the OEM mounts and fit well. the optical quality of the shield is perfect, no distortion. If I use reasonable care their shields do not scratch. In short they do everything that I want at a fair price, which is why I'm a repeat customer.

If you have pricing questions I suggest calling them. They are friendly and knowledgable riders who understand what we want and need. I am not affiliated with Cee Bailey other than I am a satisfied and happy customer.
IBA #43
2013 Vespa 300ie S GTS
2014 G650GS

Dave92029 screwed with this post 10-24-2008 at 07:58 AM
Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
would like to know if you look thru the shield or over it?
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
Dave92029 OP
Studly Adventurer

I look over the shield. The top of the shield is probably below my chin level.

I'll try to get a photo of me on the bike latter this weekend

Dave
IBA #43
2013 Vespa 300ie S GTS
2014 G650GS
Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
justapilgrim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
password needed for pic link

When I click on the link for pictures I'm asked for a password, which I don't have nor do I see how to acquire one....little help please!

Thanks.
Justapilgrim

-----------------------
07 F650gs w/crappy stock seat, windscreen, skinny pegs, etc...
vote early and vote often
justapilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
robdogg
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by justapilgrim View Post
When I click on the link for pictures I'm asked for a password, which I don't have nor do I see how to acquire one....little help please!

Thanks.
Justapilgrim

-----------------------
07 F650gs w/crappy stock seat, windscreen, skinny pegs, etc...
vote early and vote often
you do realize this thread is nearly five years old?
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums
robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #10
justapilgrim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
5 yrs old means pics don't work?....zat whut yur saying? We can shoot a donkey overseas via a drone operator in Oklahoma but pictures can't stay on a forum for more than x?x?x? years....sumthin ain't right in the world

Justapilgrim....Self acclaimed techno-dinosaur here....no smart phone, no texting, no gps, no facebook , only birds twitter....hard boiled old school, life gets harder every day
justapilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #11
castroses
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Thread not worth resurrecting. The Cee Baileys windshield I bought was total crap!! The worst, most expensive POS ever!
castroses is offline   Reply With Quote