User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
Andrew2 OP
Team 250

Oddometer: 5,170
Spring upgrade

I need some advice on upgrading the spring on the rear of my GSA.The standard spring is 13.?kg.With the preload fully wound up I have 50mm of sag and 90mm with me sitting on it.I've had a "suspension expert" revalve the shock and put a heavier spring on it.He put a shorter spring with a 15.9kg rating but this only improved the sag by 10mm to 40mm and 75mm with me sitting on it.I have been told that when a sidecar is added the rear spring needs to be made around 50% stiffer.Maybe a 19-20kg spring would be right.Would the standard shockie handle this?.Any advice would be appreciated as I'm sure this guy does'nt know what he is doing.
What are other guys with GS/GSA's doing with the rear end of their bikes.There's plenty of GS's with sidecars so there must be a common mod?
Cheers
Andrew

Andrew2 screwed with this post 12-07-2008 at 09:50 PM
Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2
I need some advice on upgrading the spring on the rear of my GSA.The standard spring is 13.?kg.With the preload fully wound up I have 50mm of sag and 90mm with me sitting on it.I've had a "suspension expert" revalve the shock and put a heavier spring on it.He put a shorter spring with a 15.9kg rating but this only improved the sag by 10mm to 40mm and 75mm with me sitting on it.I have been told that when a sidecar is added the rear spring needs to be made around 50% stiffer.Maybe a 19-20kg spring would be right.Would the standard shockie handle this?.Any advice would be appreciated as I'm sure this guy does'nt know what he is doing.
What are other guys with GS/GSA's doing with the rear end of their bikes.There's plenty of GS's with sidecars so there must be a common mod?
Cheers
Andrew
Send you a PM Andrew...
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote